PDA

View Full Version : Headlights (LOW BEAM)

stebobo
22-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone!

this is doing my head in.
i have a Accord Euro 2011 MY12 CU2.

these Use H1 bulbs ( low beam ) non HID

i got these Philips X-treme Vision +130% H1

and im still having trouble driving in the night. they aren't that bright at all ! theres no distance at all.

i feel like my left light is pointing slightly left and right isnt pointing that straight either.

what do you guys have, for the Euro Cu2?? could it be anything else wrong with the car.

ive tried before
OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H1 (Twin)

Martin77
23-01-2016, 02:47 PM
There are a few things that might cause the headlight not to give adequate illumination. The most common ones are:
1. Headlight not pointed correctly
2. Headlight lens frosted (not clear anymore due to use). Headlight cover will also reduce its performance slightly.
3. Getting used to HID lighting with previous cars
4. Low quality bulb (not the case in this situation)

If it is headlight adjustment, it might be worth taking it to the mechanics as they know where the headlight should be pointed. Below is a youtube video regarding its adjustment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqLKeVsJ6As

There is a way to clear frosted headlight instead of getting a new one. Try kits something similar to the link below.
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Meguiar-s-Lens-Correction-Kit.aspx?pid=342505#Recommendations

Supercheap is having 20% special today (Sat). Repco 30% (Sat and Sun).

Are all the wiring to the bulb in good condition? I would think yours should be ok because its a new car. Do you use the headlight often (daily)?

Is the battery voltage around 14.5 V when the car is running?

Martin77
23-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Might be worth checking the grounding cable from the battery (negative) to the chassis. If black you should replace it.
Its a weakness on Cl9 (03-08 euro).

stebobo
24-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Thanks for that.

Im going to mechanic aboutt straightening headlights.
and get them to check the voltage as well.

just needs like an extra couple of metres

Hondarally
25-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Just remember low beam should point down and to the left slightly so not to dazzle oncoming drivers. Low beam is for low speed illumination so the throw isn't normally very good. Sounds like it might be a slight adjustment issue but careful not to aim them too high.

Other than that I think martin77 pretty much nailed it.

u mad?
25-01-2016, 06:58 PM
I had the same issue op, I jsut adjusted my headlights so they point upwards more, fuk other road users, my old ass dc2r lights are dull as fuk anyway

Martin77
13-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Did you get this fixed stebobo?

stebobo
13-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Hi. thanks for following up. i took the car to honda service to check. they said it couldnt be adjusted any further. as the left headlight was max to the right. and the right max to the left. so left lights are still pointing 45 degreees left and right pointing 30 degrees right.

they did suggest to pull out front bumper and fix it at 1hrs labour cost.

Daveho1
13-02-2016, 09:32 AM
So did u have it fixed?

stebobo
13-02-2016, 10:01 AM
no not yet