PDA

View Full Version : Should I get my Euro Checked out ?

REV888
18-04-2005, 02:17 PM
I am very surprised to hear how quick I will be getting my Honda Euro back from smash repairs.

Should get my car back this Thursday all I can say, Honda Australia sure do have plenty of parts around ;)

The only concern with my car is when I get it back..... should I take it to my dealer for them to check if everything is A.O.K

I have been advised that my exhaust system was adjusted as it took a bit of a hit.

What do you guys think? what things should I look for when I get the car back (to see the job was done right) & should I get the car mechanicals looked at.

EuroAccord13
18-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Can you show us some pics? That way, it will help us better our take on the duration of the repair...

bigdongers
18-04-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't think it should be necessary to take the car to Honda to check it. Just do the obvious like make sure panels are smooth and there are no big gaps. Look to see if paint is even.

REV888
18-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Can you show us some pics? That way, it will help us better our take on the duration of the repair...

As the car is black photos came out bad as its hard to see the damage will post up some photos when I get home

PNR888
18-04-2005, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=REV888]
I have been advised that my exhaust system was adjusted as it took a bit of a hit.

QUOTE]

Hi there, When My mum's 1994 Lexus Es300 got its arse kissed, the dual exhust pipe tips got damaged too. The smash repairer probably want to save some $ for the insurance company (or want to make good impression with insurance company or want to suck up insurance company??) They ddin;t put new tips on, instead, they just fixed it. and now when u look at it from back. those two exhust tips dont look true circle at all. and slightly tilted too.

Therefore, REV888, you should check if the pipes are positioned in the right alignment. make sure they dont lean against one side of their slot, otherwise it will look ugly.

V205
18-04-2005, 11:43 PM
The insurer will normally assess it. If there's anything you feel is sub-standard, bring it to their attention.

As the car is black photos came out bad as its hard to see the damage will post up some photos when I get home

REV888
19-04-2005, 03:19 PM
PNR888 Thanks for the tip.

Guys sorry did not post up pics my camera memory card has died on me which had the photos :( :( Not to happy as you can imagine.

aaronng
19-04-2005, 04:12 PM
How did you memory card die? There is a program to recover lost files eventhough the card is dead. http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

REV888
19-04-2005, 10:08 PM
How did you memory card die? There is a program to recover lost files eventhough the card is dead. http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

I will try thanks aaronng think I left it in the sun a bit to long. :(