PDA

View Full Version : Right Turn Signal, Turns On The Hazard lights (Civic EG)

Andy
25-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Hello all,

A bit of of info the car; a Civic EG, was bought as a rolling shell.
Hazard switch works normally. Left turn signal works normally. Right turn signal turns on Hazard lights. All lights/electronics function normally except the right turn signal. arrrgh

What I've tried doing:
-Replaced the hazard switch
-Checked fuses(will triple check again)
-Changed the "To Turn Signal/Hazard Relay" in under dash fuse box
-Removed cluster and tried used the Right turn signal indicator(still turns on the hazards)
-Changed the Indicator/head light arm
-Try to find other forum threads with similar cases(I have done pretty much all of what people recommended on those threads...)
-Changed bulbs (When using the the right turn indicator with the right-side bulbs removed, the cluster still blinks as if the hazard lights(it also flashes at a normal rate). However if I remove the left-side bulbs it flashes really fast on the cluster)

At this point I'm suspecting that it might possibly be the head unit wiring or alarm wiring that is causing it?? as the wiring job done by prev owner looks dodgy, but then again I don't know anything about wiring.

Also made sure indicator fluid is topped up :P but seriously any idea's would be appreciated. Or recommendations to a good auto electrician shop in VIC, preferably northern suburbs.

Daveho1
27-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Check the earth on that side.