PDA

View Full Version : My HR-V is just great

Bob hornby
29-01-2016, 05:02 PM
I purchased my Carnelian red HR-V a couple of months ago after having a Subaru Forester and before that a Euro. I am very happy with the new car and its features. Initially I was hesitant about buying it as they do not have GPS (our mobiles are Samsung and not Apple) I also considered the Mazda CX3 and it was a close thing but I really like the dash layout and interior of the Honda. We bought a 7" Garmin GPS and I went to a bit of trouble in hiding the cable so as not to have it just draped over the dashboard. The extra advantage is free updates for life and my wife can enter in destinations whilst on the move. I have always liked to have after market wheels on my cars but couldn't justify the cost (and what do you do with the old wheels?) but when I bought the car the dealer was having a special package deal which included 18" wheels and floor mats for not a lot more than the list price for a standard car. So I like the look of the car and think it suits the larger wheels.
Bob

RenzokukenJ
29-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Thats just gr8 m8

evolution
29-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Hey Bob, have you thought of mounting the GPS closer to the Head-unit? I think it is more practical as the GPS will be more within reach.

You can get this (http://www.dicksmith.com.au/navigation-accessories/gps-mounting-discs-dsau-d5401) from Dicksmith to stick on the dash then mount the GPS on it. I use it on my cars to get the GPS closer.

Just a thought.

Daveho1
30-01-2016, 07:11 AM
First welcome back
Second Lol @ old member
Third it's good to see something a bit diffrent, I've seen many of these on the road and wondered if they are acctually any good cause you never hear about them, glad you enjoy it.

Bob hornby
30-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Hey Bob, have you thought of mounting the GPS closer to the Head-unit? I think it is more practical as the GPS will be more within reach.

You can get this (http://www.dicksmith.com.au/navigation-accessories/gps-mounting-discs-dsau-d5401) from Dicksmith to stick on the dash then mount the GPS on it. I use it on my cars to get the GPS closer.

Just a thought.

Thanks for that Evolution, I did consider a dash pad thingy and even bought one on line but it was horrible. The screen mount works for me as I can reach it quite easily (6'2") with my very long arms. Also it is in my eye line so I don't have to look down
Bob

TPham
07-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Hi Bob,

How could you change/add the background picture in your touchscreen unit? Thanks

Bob hornby
09-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Hi TPham,
First load some photos on a thumb drive.
Place thumb drive into USB port in the car.
Switch on to accessories
select SETTINGS
select DISPLAY
select CLOCK/WALLPAPER
select WALLPAPER
select ADD
chose which photos you like (5 is the maximum)
select IMAGE
select OK

good luck

Bob

TPham
10-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Thanks Bob

Bob hornby
10-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Did it work for you Ok?
Bob

TPham
10-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Hi bob,
It works perfectly. I put up a photo of my baby as wallpaper now.