PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Euro 2012 CU2 Acura TSX

Holy Frog
09-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Hi all,
Sadly, I have a final confirmation today from Hondata that they will not be supporting Flashpro for the ECU in later model Accord Euros and do not have it on their roadmap.

So - anyone know of any other tuning options for us to support bolt ons, PCDs, etc ?
Anything out of Japan?

Thanks.

note: I notice JDM CU2 has 206Hp whereas ours has only 201Hp. I wonder what component is different is...

note 2: Ktuner appears to have a manual tune available, again for USDM, with an Auto on the roadmap:
http://ktuner.com/09tsx/

09-14 TSX
KTuner for 09-14 TSX

What are my options?
• Dealer Reflashes and Tuning – Starting at $299
• End User System – Hardware/software. Datalog and make your own changes – $499

How do I get KTuner?
• Contact a dealer for a reflash, dyno tuning, or to order the end user package.

Part numbers for usable ECUs include:
MT
37820-RL5-A01 through A07
37820-RL5-A11 through A12
AT
Coming Soon.

KTuner feature matrix for 09-14 TSX (BETA means the feature is currently in testing phases)

Real-Time Logging
Real-Time Tuning Mode
Injector Sizing
Ignition/Fuel Tuning
VTC Tuning
Knock Tuning
Throttle Control Maps
Rev Limiter Settings
2-Step Settings
Adjustable 2-Step
Anti-Lag
Custom Map Sensor Support
Speed Density Fueling
Expanded Tables For Boost
PWM Boost Control
Boost Cut
VTEC Window Control
Closed Loop Control
Disable Sensors and OBD2 Monitors
Fuel Cut Parameters
Fuel Correction Parameters
Ignition Correction Parameters
Idle Control Parameters

Holy Frog
09-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Hmm, I did mean to put ECU, Tuning and Flashpro in the title ... apologies.

Kuchiki81
09-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Hey man, I have my eye on this for my 2012 CU2 https://www.heeltoeauto.com/hondata-flashpro-2009-10-2.4l-acura-tsx-cu2.html

Kuchiki81
09-02-2016, 12:11 PM
The description is for 2009-2014 CU2's...contact the guys at heel toe, they have been really helpful in my dealings with them

Holy Frog
09-02-2016, 01:35 PM
The description is for 2009-2014 CU2's...contact the guys at heel toe, they have been really helpful in my dealings with them

HeelnToe are very helpful and have a great website for wishlisting.
I too have been contemplating and planning for the Flashpro (along with the RV6 2.5" precat delete downpipe, High Flow Cat, aFe Throttle Body Spacer, CAI, etc.

But here's the thing - you have to check your ECU number and confirm on the Hondata website that your ECU is compatible with the Flashpro.
RL5-A02 & A03 Manual
RL5-A52 & A53 Auto

I have checked my 2012 Lux Navi and confirmed it is not supported. (My ECU is KU 37820-RL6-Q54 )
Writing to Hondata with fingers crossed, they sadly reconfirmed it wont support this ECU and offered no workaround.

I asked them, what happens if we try it anyway - what can we expect to not work - they didn't answer.

---------------
HeelnToe do offer this:
IF YOU HAVE AN AUSTRALIAN OR OTHER MARKET ACCORD CU2, you may add on a USA spec ecu to your order. We do not guarantee 100% compatibility of a USA ECU in other market cars.

Anyone in Australia tried this with a 2011+ CU2?

Kuchiki81
09-02-2016, 01:52 PM
That's a real shame... I wonder if the lux model is different to std, I'll check mine. Your wish list sounds like mine, I want the CT supercharger ✌️

littlebo
07-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Hey OZ pals. Long time no see this forum.

Here we go with a solution )

If u need to tune facelift CU2 11-12 MY with flashpro then just get 11-13 ECU off TSX , they are fully compatible with your car and can be found on ebay for 150-250 bucks. Hondata is too busy with new

models so dont expect any solution in closest future.

I can also convert OZDM Euro ECUs into USDM TSX but you need to open ECU which isnt that easy for most of you.

Kuchiki81
07-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Hey littlebo, that sounds promising!
What is involved in your conversion process? Can people send you the ECU and you perform the mod? What do you mean 'open the ECU'?

littlebo
07-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Im in Canada, mover from UA . Man, its a PITA to ship em, will b better to teach someone handy in OZ or just get used TSX ECU.

First part of ecu opening looks like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnucpfoxLEo and then you need to use small press to press out entire PCB off the housing to get to the other side of the PCB,

eeprom is there. Also a small PITA.

littlebo
07-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Id better find ya ECUs and ship lol

Holy Frog
26-04-2016, 11:31 AM
If u need to tune facelift CU2 11-12 MY with flashpro then just get 11-13 ECU off TSX , they are fully compatible with your car.

Thanks Littlebo. So what is the difference between the two ECUs?

My presumption is that the ECUs have slightly different (insignificant mappings) and also control some features that not found on the TSX models.
For example I have a navi, with cornering lamp, which are not available in the states. My concern would be that features like this could be affected by changing the ECU.

Isn't there also some risk in triggering the immobiliser on either ECU if you attempt to swap them out/in?

littlebo
27-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Hey bud. The difference is in the firmware. I tried swapping into european models which has no navi , Type-S trim. As far as i tested those , navi isnt ECU related thing, navi and non navi cars has same ECUs. Systems like LKAS and ACC are ECU related and if you see difference here with US trims then it shouldnt work fine. Well, it should work but those systems will not work, youll have errors with cruise control. In EU we have 3 trims, type-s , basic one , executive, with leather and sunroof and advanced , with multimedia screen, LKAS and ACC. Ive seen you have some base model which is more like our exec and lux or premium which is like our advanced. Go compare this and that and youll see.

Holy Frog
27-04-2016, 03:00 PM
I tried swapping into european models which has no navi , Type-S trim. As far as i tested those , navi isnt ECU related thing, navi and non navi cars has same ECUs. Systems like LKAS and ACC are ECU related and if you see difference here with US trims then it shouldnt work fine. Well, it should work but those systems will not work, youll have errors with cruise control. In EU we have 3 trims, type-s , basic one , executive, with leather and sunroof and advanced , with multimedia screen, LKAS and ACC..

Thanks.

In Australia, we have had three grades from 2008 to 2013, all coming with 2.4 litre only (K24Z3), Sedan only, facelifted in 2011, and all built in Japan.
- Standard + (no badge) 17"
- Luxury + Leather, sunroof, 18"
- Luxury Navi + Navi, bi-xenon, auto only, premium audio, multimedia screen

ECU codes include KU 37820-RL6-Q54 Keihin JP for example.

LKAS, ACC, CMBS did not appear in our models at all until the launch of the 2014 "American" accord, which is a very different car.
The "American" car was was sold side by side with the "Euro" accord.

Holy Frog
27-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Just spotted that Haltech has VTEC timing control on their platinum range.
Looks like they have base maps for DC5, AP1 and EP3
http://www.haltech.com/product/the-platinum-sport-1000/

With 8 channels capable of controlling injection and ignition duties, the Platinum Sport 1000 ECU can support most modern engines (including 2 rotor engines) with multi-coil or conventional distributor ignition systems as well as aftermarket CDI systems.

It is capable of controlling sequential injection on engines up to 4 cylinders, or semi-sequential up to 8 cylinders, combined with direct fire ignition for engines up to 4 cylinders or wasted spark ignition on engines up to 8 cylinders.

FEATURES:
• 8 additional user-definable auxillary inputs
• Up to 9 additional user-definable auxillary outputs (Depending on configuration)
• Fully user-definable 32 x 32 mapping ( Up to 1024 points)
• Wideband “Auto tuning” using user definable target AFR table
• Narrow and Wideband closed loop O2 control
• Staged injection control for multiple injectors per cylinder
• 3D mapped rotary engine ignition split
• Soft and hard cut rev limiter
• EGT fuel correction
• Tuning via TPS with manifold pressure correction
• Dual map switching for fuel/ign/boost
• Anti-lag (Rally and Launch style)
• Rotational idle
• Launch Control
• VTEC cam timing control
• VANOS cam control (intake cam only)
• True variable cam control supporting late model Toyota’s, WRX’s and EVO’s
• Dual intake runner control
• Onboard 2.5 BAR MAP sensor (or use with external MAP up to 10 BAR)
• Custom sensor calibration (Use your own sensors for temps or fuel/oil pressure etc)
• Open or closed loop boost control ( Road speed, RPM or gear based mapping)
• Closed loop idle control (Stepper motor and BAC type)
• Extra injector control
• Thermo-fan control ( Duty cycle or on/off )
• Intercooler fan/spray
• Alternator control (Mazda
• Engine control relay function
• Nitrous switching with fuel / ignition correction
• Staged shift lights
• Aux fuel pump control
• Tacho output (5v,8v,12v)
• Turbo timer
• Torque converter lock up
• Air con request idle up
• Windows 2000, XP, Vista compatible software
• “In the field” updatable Firmware provides all the new features as soon as they are available
• Onboard and laptop data logging with Data Viewer software
• USB communication with laptop/PC
• CAN Bus port for direct plug in communication with Racepak and Aim Dash system
• E85 Flex Fuel Ready

TYPICAL APPLICATIONS:
• Control of fuel injection on modified engines
• Conversion from carburetion to fuel injection
• Race and rally applications of all description
• Design and development purposes
• Educational use by universities and technical colleges
• Original equipment in cars and motorcycle

littlebo
27-04-2016, 05:14 PM
In that case US ECU should work on any of your trims.

Kuchiki81
27-04-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm still waiting for littlebo to hook me up with a US ECU [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littlebo
27-04-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm still waiting for littlebo to hook me up with a US ECU [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol man. keep on punching my busy ass, i have so much buzz now, can forget bout this and that easily.