PDA

View Full Version : Integra K24 swap

EddieDC2
12-02-2016, 03:48 PM
I'm new to this so no hate please
My B18c7 blew up in my DC2R so I'm thinking of doing a k24 swap. Want to keep it low budget
After doing some research it seems that I have to get lots of parts to aid in the conversion

Can someone tell me what parts I'd need and the estimated cost?
And would it be better to buy an Accord euro that's going for wrecking and picking parts off there or would it be useless?
I've also received advice that the best gearbox would be a K20A2 of a dc5R

Would it be better to rebuild? What would that involve?

I appreciate all the help I can get

Daveho1
12-02-2016, 04:41 PM
What sort of budget are u looking at?

RenzokukenJ
12-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Pm Vvvtec or check out his thread

u mad?
13-02-2016, 06:33 PM
if you want to keep it budget, go for the accord euro gearbox, dc5r box's are dear and flogged. Unless you find a good deal on a rebuilt box.

for the price of a rebuild you could probably get a basic k swap up and running. depends how fuked your b18 is. K swap not worth doing unless you diy. hehe

Daveho1
13-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Yeah, but will a budget as fuk k swap b cheaper and better than rebuilding a B18c7 with dat type R box, nah B stands for Best series mates

Renaissance_x
13-02-2016, 09:54 PM
I personally think a type R is more impressive original motor preferably with matching numbers... Even if it isn't as fast.

That's just my opinion though, do what you want.

RenzokukenJ
14-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Yh I don't think he gives a fuk what you think rennie

EddieDC2
14-02-2016, 04:07 PM
What would it cost me to rebuild my engine? And yeh it's ****ed

Daveho1
14-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Depends of how fuked

EddieDC2
16-02-2016, 05:53 PM
If I'm doing a k24 swap I don't want to spend more than 5-6k and if I'm rebuilding then no more than 2-3k max
I just want to know what the price of each option will be then I'll go from there

Renaissance_x
16-02-2016, 06:21 PM
What part of the motor blew up?

Daveho1
17-02-2016, 06:02 AM
Sounds like you are trying to justify the swap, if you want to swap do it but really to get the most out a K you need 10k+ sure you can get one in there and running for less but will it be faster than a b18c7? Probably nah.
As far as it having blown up I'm guessing its acctually not bad at all, blown up is like rods out the sides and shit

amant02
17-02-2016, 06:13 AM
^ wut? Did he just say a basic kswap is not going to be faster than a b18c7??

There is no replacement for displacement.

OP - Cheapest option Rebuild your b18c7.

Better option (if your planning to keep the car for aeons to come)

Basic K24 swap keep the accord box on it for now, as funds free up and you find a good deal a on a rebuilt box jump on it than. (after the swap to swap the box is a clutch job basically)

Budget ~10k is what you should aim. It will be less if your putting in the hours yourself. For the initial swap. There will be some after swap costs too, depending on how far you wanna go.

Another option is ofcourse b20 vtec can be had super cheap these days.

Daveho1
17-02-2016, 06:47 AM
guess we should all just buy V8s hey amant? With 6k assuming you do all the work yourself you arnt coming out with a good K series but 3-6k into a B? Bitch please

amant02
17-02-2016, 07:03 AM
Hmm funny cos last time I checked to get your b18 full refreshed to OEM specs costs that 4-5K mark.

This guy is talking about making more power in the process. I wonder whats the additional cams, valve-train, adjustable gears, ECU, possible fueling needs gonna cost.

amant02
17-02-2016, 07:06 AM
Yea sure puting 3-6k towards an already working b18c7 you may make a little kW than a basic kswap.

But you put the same work on a k24 or even a k20 which is better? kswap. B-b-b-bseries bitch pls.

RenzokukenJ
17-02-2016, 07:08 AM
Wew lad

amant02
17-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Plus the blown c7 and gearbok still worth value on the parts for sale section. With all other smallar parts which he wont be using anylonger.

Daveho1
17-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Lol Amant you are such a dud. Very entertaining but quite silly

Daveho1
17-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Why would u build a c7 back to OE spec, cam it, do the head work, high comp Pistons, new rods and a tune on a type r box will be much better than some half finished 6k K swap...

Blaze
17-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Plus the blown c7 and gearbok still worth value on the parts for sale section. With all other smallar parts which he wont be using anylonger.

Isn't that the gear box everyone's been telling me to get for my b16a2? How much you want for it?

amant02
17-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Still rather a kswap for future potenial. B series is dead kunt. Dont be sore in the ass cos u have a b series.

Daveho1
17-02-2016, 08:19 PM
It's more a point that at 6 k you arnt getting close to the best a K series has to offer, but 6k to rebuild a B series you already have, you would however get to build that engine to your specs. It comes down to your preference OP but it depends on what the car will be used for etc. are you doing the work or getting a workshop to do it? Can you get K series cheap? what I'm saying is a 6k budget to buy and install a K isn't much in the K series fanboy world, had he said 12-14k then my answer would be diffrent, he could buy a Subaru.

amant02
17-02-2016, 10:29 PM
And you dont understand that 6k isn't going to get you a fancy b18c7 either.

Rough cost just off the top of my head.

Machine Shop Work - $1200 ish
Rods and Pistons Combo - $1200 ish
Valve Train Combo - $600 ish
Cams - $1200 ish
Cam Gears - 500 ish
Total - 4700

We havnt even added costs of things like master gasket kit, timing belt, water pump, oil pump, ECU + tuning, Fueling needs, fluids, possible clutch upgrade required. = Minimum 2-3k here.
Already barking up the 5k mark. Specially since I have under estimated on prices.

K man ur 6k + a blown b18c7 gonna out perform a basic kswap.

Havnt u realised dud ur a dumb kunt who drives a shitbox dc2 wanting a b series to outperform its successor k m8. Go put moar stickers on your car and post it up as update on ur build thread.

amant02
17-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Infact i reckon, that hi comp b18c7 cost will be the same as a very nice povo kswap if the work is done at home. WITHOUT touching an OEM block!

oh wait i forget your some kind of parts distributor king pin maybe you get parts @ 80% of rrp. U must be working on your ability on pricing to come up with a 6k figure to build a b18 thats gonna out run its successor.

Daveho1
18-02-2016, 04:24 AM
No need to get butt hurt amant, leta just hope that unlike you the OP knows what things cost.
As for my car amant I drive it and am getting it ready to track this year, I don't change things unessaseraly so I can talk shit on unrelated car forums, im sorry if my slow progress is upsetting to you but there are those of us that have expenses beyond car parts and I don't just take loans or borrow money from mummy. Maybe when u get a little older and wiser you will understand, being an adult isn't all fake mortgages and excessive car loans

Daveho1
18-02-2016, 04:35 AM
Infact i reckon, that hi comp b18c7 cost will be the same as a very nice povo kswap if the work is done at home. WITHOUT touching an OEM block!

oh wait i forget your some kind of parts distributor king pin maybe you get parts @ 80% of rrp. U must be working on your ability on pricing to come up with a 6k figure to build a b18 thats gonna out run its successor.
I love how I point out how in a previous thread I point out how parts pricing structures acctually work then next thread I'm a parts distributor King pin. It's okay if you don't know how things work amant but there's no need to try and pretend that you do.

RenzokukenJ
18-02-2016, 07:44 AM
Oh wow

Daveho1
18-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Oh wow

You will bow to the parts king

cbauto
18-02-2016, 11:16 AM
No one mentioned D swap

RenzokukenJ
18-02-2016, 11:32 AM
What about kswap

Super-DA9
18-02-2016, 11:34 AM
What about LS1

Daveho1
18-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Bbk..

cbauto
18-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Bbk..
Can you get Honda parts

Daveho1
18-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Can you get Honda parts
I currently have 360 Honda oil filters directly behind me.

Super-DA9
18-02-2016, 11:51 AM
What about earth dreams swap

amant02
18-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Yea mate 6k is gonna get u a fully sick hi comp b18. Build an engine 1st before u talk.

RenzokukenJ
18-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Yea mate 6k is gonna get u a fully sick hi comp b18. Build an engine 1st before u talk.
Shots fired

Daveho1
18-02-2016, 02:29 PM

Lol you are a classic man Amant, very silly but classic

u mad?
18-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Lol that's why we like having him around, funny lad. kinda of miss him when he's gone

He does give out some sound advice every now and then.

amant02
18-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Im still interested in where his getting this magical b18 fully sick hi comp with hectic high lift and duration cams with all the accessories to run it all for 6k.

****ing bargain. Ill sell my bbk tmr and buy a dc2r if its possible.

amant02
18-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Wait sorry he said he can get a blown B18 to outperform a K20 in power output for 3-6k.

Fkn what a dud. Lucky his only selling parts to people who know what they are doing. Cos this kunt has no nfi.

Lmao getting my car prep'd for track day...... how many track days you gonna do a year that you car needs to be prep'd.

Do a service all fluids + filters + clean plugs check on the brakes away you go fkn dud. If you like it, than you start modding your car to your liking for consistent track days and lap improvement times. Would take me less than 1hr to have your car ready to take a beating for whole day.

Its not like your gonna be breaking any fkn records on 1st attendance or driving to the max of the cars ability.

heres the differance between you and me dave, I do the actual work, you dream about the work you wanna do on ur car.

EddieDC2
19-02-2016, 01:45 AM
Soon I will find out the extent of the damage on the b18. If it won't cost me more than 2k then I'll fix it just to get it back to how it was.
If I have to spend more than 3k to get the b18 back to normal then it wont be worth my time
I just want to know if this will work out: . . .
IF I go ahead with the kswap..all the parts would cost me around 5-6k. Would it cost me that much or more?
IF I go ahead with the kswap, I can sell all the parts from the b18 that I dont need and make at least 3k back. Or am I over estimating the value of things I have in my engine bay?
That way...I'd make some money back and all up use around 3-4k on the swap.
Could someone please just answer those two questions if they have experience or the slightest knowledge?
Thanks and all the help is appreciated :)

amant02
19-02-2016, 02:09 AM
Parts in Engine Bay Maybe Will Net a 2grand return. The gearbox is the only item of real value, since blown motor.

As for parts required, if you dont mind 2nd hand goodies you can get away 5-6k in parts.

But then you have to budget for labour/tuning costs too.

I personally reckon you will be at the 6k cost on top of the revenue you get from selling parts no longer required.

Even than it will be the most basic kswap, but it will surely run circles around a stockish b series powered dc2.

Since money is tight, what I'd do in your shoes is buy another working B18C7 and straight swap backyard job.

That will cost you the ~3k mark that your willing to spend. Plus about 1k in labour if you want a workshop to do it.

Good luck finding a b18c7.

amant02
19-02-2016, 02:32 AM
If money is super tight... and you need a car on the road. B18C2.

Sure its not a type R engine...... but it only cost $1500 for a working one in really good condition.

for under the 2k mark you could be on the road again with the sale of your blown engine.

This option will massively devalue your car.... but you will have a working car on the road.

Daveho1
19-02-2016, 04:15 AM
Lol so much dumb in one place. Pretty sure amant was deployed here by the Subaru owners club to give out shit info to force people away from Hondas.

Daveho1
19-02-2016, 04:27 AM
Soon I will find out the extent of the damage on the b18. If it won't cost me more than 2k then I'll fix it just to get it back to how it was.
If I have to spend more than 3k to get the b18 back to normal then it wont be worth my time
I just want to know if this will work out: . . .
IF I go ahead with the kswap..all the parts would cost me around 5-6k. Would it cost me that much or more?
IF I go ahead with the kswap, I can sell all the parts from the b18 that I dont need and make at least 3k back. Or am I over estimating the value of things I have in my engine bay?
That way...I'd make some money back and all up use around 3-4k on the swap.
Could someone please just answer those two questions if they have experience or the slightest knowledge?
Thanks and all the help is appreciated :)
It really depends on the damage "engine exploded" isn't the most technical term. wait to see the extent of the damage.
Have a look around at the cost of parts, a lot can be had second hand as amant said so have a look but also look at the cost of new and don't for get to account for incidentals like conversion mounts, additional wiring and budgeting for an ECU and tune.
Additionally look at the diffrent types of K24 as they arnt the same, I have a k24 sitting on my floor at work which ain't worth anything for example.

amant02
19-02-2016, 05:54 AM
Lol so much dumb in one place. Pretty sure amant was deployed here by the Subaru owners club to give out shit info to force people away from Hondas.

Please tell me where can I get my engine rebuilt for 6k which includes all the fancy things that will make a motor that spins the wrong way make more power than its successor.

Daveho1
19-02-2016, 06:34 AM
It's not hard if your not special m8

cbauto
19-02-2016, 07:12 AM
Amant expert mechanic

amant02
19-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Amant expert mechanic

Fkn oath building my 1st engine already.

Proper too, blueprint, balancing, cam degree ing.

Amant Motors nothing is left to chance.

Im even gonna hit it to redline to break it in, thats how confident I feel in what Im doing.

amant02
19-02-2016, 07:35 AM
If it fails its just the cost of me learning.

Daveho1
19-02-2016, 07:41 AM
If it fails its just the cost of me learning.

Recon my mum will sponsor my build too?

RenzokukenJ
19-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Recon my mum will sponsor my build too?
Ouch.

amant02
19-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Lol all i read in that post. Im jelly you can budget in a proper car build while i dream about mine.

Biggest lol is this guy is comparing a grocery getter engine rebuild cost to a performance engine rebuild cost.

Daveho1
19-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Lol I Can budget for a build and its perfectly on track, the diffrence is my build isn't my big priority, it's abit of fun and I'm in no rush. But please if you feel enjoy spending unnesisarly large amounts of money on a car that's your prerogative, diffrence is I prefer to work on my driving rather than change my car. This is why I don't crash integras k

amant02
19-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Lmao are you telling me that me spending my spare change on the car is 'large amounts of money'.

Fk your older than me too. How fkn bad are you doing in life that a 4grand rebuild is considered large amount of money.

Yea if you were working on ur driving than your car dosn't needs mods for the track. Stop making excuses and head out to track already?

You cannot drive the stock dc2 to its max ability to begin with...... I know i cant.

cbauto
19-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Amant ballin. Engine rebuild is pocket change

amant02
19-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Can you add dollar signs to my eyes bau in ur avatar i'd like that very much.

cbauto
19-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Can you add dollar signs to my eyes bau in ur avatar i'd like that very much.
After you've run with your new motor

Daveho1
19-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Lmao are you telling me that me spending my spare change on the car is 'large amounts of money'.

Fk your older than me too. How fkn bad are you doing in life that a 4grand rebuild is considered large amount of money.

Yea if you were working on ur driving than your car dosn't needs mods for the track. Stop making excuses and head out to track already?

You cannot drive the stock dc2 to its max ability to begin with...... I know i cant.
I have a mortgage and its a real one unlike your lies and if u can't drive a stock integra to its limit why do u need to spend 40+k on a wrx?

amant02
19-02-2016, 04:00 PM
^ that reply makes me feel so good.

Yea mate its fake, someone just takes $550 a week off me for a magical house.

Im spending the money cos its my hobby. Just like my 5Ghz beast, totally un not required what I use it for, but I built it so I have one.

Daveho1
19-02-2016, 04:04 PM
yrah I'm paying my mortgage off quickly, wasting money on a pointless car or retiring earlier? Hmm tough call

RenzokukenJ
19-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Nice man

Daveho1
19-02-2016, 04:14 PM
my only loan is my mortgage, I don't even have a credit card.
Currently my wife and I are talking about a second property but I'm thinking about changing careers so having abit of flexibility there is a good thing.

connorling
19-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Currently my wife and I are talking about a second property but I'm thinking about changing careers so having abit of flexibility there is a good thing.

K http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/10/e35d822eeb9cdc437379cdae93435b7c.jpg

Vvvtec
19-02-2016, 04:19 PM
id budget 8k for a decent k24 swap

connorling
19-02-2016, 04:24 PM
I would budget 6-7k at least for decent rebuild with standard parts and no works on the head.
mostly machining cost and labourer to take the engine out and strip them.

Blaze
22-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Too much arguing here on personal preference. At the end of the day people's choices shouldn't matter to anyone else. Back on topic.

I have also asked what the cost of a k-swap for my del sol. My motor isn't blown so I could sell it (for peanuts I guess) to recover some cost plus gearbox etc. and people were still telling me to budget 10K+ to kswap comfortably.

Either option is going to be expensive it seems. Instead of looking at how much it's going to cost, you should probably consider the option that's going to be easier and quicker to complete (finding quality reliable parts etc).

Simply put, finding a B18C7 in good working order will be much harder than sourcing a K.

This is just my 2c. End of the day, the choice is yours and you'll be the one living with it.

RenzokukenJ
22-02-2016, 04:08 PM
You should get a credit card and churn points you fukin uneducated piece of shit

Too much arguing here on personal preference. At the end of the day people's choices shouldn't matter to anyone else. Back on topic.

I have also asked what the cost of a k-swap for my del sol. My motor isn't blown so I could sell it (for peanuts I guess) to recover some cost plus gearbox etc. and people were still telling me to budget 10K+ to kswap comfortably.

Either option is going to be expensive it seems. Instead of looking at how much it's going to cost, you should probably consider the option that's going to be easier and quicker to complete (finding quality reliable parts etc).

Simply put, finding a B18C7 in good working order will be much harder than sourcing a K.

This is just my 2c. End of the day, the choice is yours and you'll be the one living with it.
Fuk up

Blaze
22-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Fuk up
Fuk Yu

Daveho1
22-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Fuk Yu

Fuk up, arguing with amant is fun

lolmclol
22-02-2016, 04:48 PM
dave and blaze

fuk up

Blaze
22-02-2016, 04:50 PM
CBF reading all the sh*t but. I'm on 56k dial up and it takes me 20 minutes to load 2 pages of spam crap.

RenzokukenJ
22-02-2016, 04:56 PM
CBF reading all the sh*t but. I'm on 56k dial up and it takes me 20 minutes to load 2 pages of spam crap.
Maybe you should fuk up and it will load

Daveho1
22-02-2016, 05:29 PM
dave and blaze

fuk up
Fuk up m9

u mad?
22-02-2016, 05:33 PM
glad we could help, op

thread closed

amant02
22-02-2016, 09:55 PM
I would budget 6-7k at least for decent rebuild with standard parts and no works on the head.
mostly machining cost and labourer to take the engine out and strip them.

Hey Dave.

This guy knows.

Now again, pls explain to me how you gonna take a blown b18 and make it out run a special K? for under 6K

Daveho1
23-02-2016, 04:11 AM
It's over amant, fuk up.
I have looked into it and to build an engine that's the sort of money I'd be spending. If you want to spend more that's your business.

cbauto
23-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Tank buster fastest. Full stop

cbauto
23-02-2016, 07:30 AM
^ that reply makes me feel so good.

Yea mate its fake, someone just takes $550 a week off me for a magical house.

Im spending the money cos its my hobby. Just like my 5Ghz beast, totally un not required what I use it for, but I built it so I have one.
Amant, srs question.

I'm looking to upgrade my PC and don't know where to start. I have unlimited budget but don't use it much. Can you compile me a parts list that is going to be built with the sole purpose of bragging and the occasional ozhonda spam.

Just want to tell my m8's so they can go whoaaa

lolmclol
23-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Amant, srs question.

I'm looking to upgrade my PC and don't know where to start. I have unlimited budget but don't use it much. Can you compile me a parts list that is going to be built with the sole purpose of bragging and the occasional ozhonda spam.

Just want to tell my m8's so they can go whoaaa

why don't you ask pop

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar39707_10.gif

u mad?
23-02-2016, 02:03 PM
why don't you ask pop

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar39707_10.gif

amant more knowledgeable

about everything

amant is life

lolmclol
23-02-2016, 02:04 PM
amant more knowledgeable

about everything

amant is life

smartest downer in the special needs class

Daveho1
23-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Kek u bois

amant02
24-02-2016, 03:58 AM
Here comes the spamfags to rescue.

Usual shit.

Dont feel good when its someone from your side aye.

Sorry Dave you got caught in the crossfire mate. You are a little smartass yourself.

Dont dish out anything you aren't willing to take back.

Daveho1
24-02-2016, 04:43 AM
What ever you recon amant, the fact is I acctually know my stuff unlike you, but please continue your stories of BBK and the magic of turbo

cbauto
24-02-2016, 06:16 AM

Usual shit.

Sorry Dave you got caught in the crossfire mate. You are a little smartass yourself.

Wat have I said to you that I want to take back?

connorling
25-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Hey Dave.

This guy knows.

Now again, pls explain to me how you gonna take a blown b18 and make it out run a special K? for under 6K

high.

u mad?
25-02-2016, 10:29 AM

Usual shit.

lol stop posting rubbish

amant02
26-02-2016, 04:59 AM
What ever you recon amant, the fact is I acctually know my stuff unlike you, but please continue your stories of BBK and the magic of turbo

Yea mate you know alot. Go cry on bau's lap.

Wat have I said to you that I want to take back?

Are you high?

high.

Yes Im High

lol stop posting rubbish

Bro, you do the same shit. Talk shit when get caught go cry to spam gys.

Let the but hurt flow.

Daveho1
26-02-2016, 05:06 AM
its okay to lose amant, just fuk off and forget about it.

u mad?
26-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Yea mate you know alot. Go cry on bau's lap.

Are you high?

Yes Im High

Bro, you do the same shit. Talk shit when get caught go cry to spam gys.

Let the but hurt flow.

link me to where i've posted shit

and then link me to where i've 'cried to spam guys'

lol thats right, you can't, it's all in your head you dumb shit.

RenzokukenJ
26-02-2016, 10:46 AM
So many b8s

Why you abos even taking it

Daveho1
26-02-2016, 11:28 AM
BBK, you wouldn't understand

u mad?
26-02-2016, 11:46 AM
So many b8s

Why you abos even taking it

fuk off with your 'b8' this isn't 4chan m8

RenzokukenJ
26-02-2016, 12:12 PM
fuk off with your 'b8' this isn't 4chan m8
What the fuk did you just say

amant02
26-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Lmao let the hurt flow boys.

if you dont get it, Dont go around calling one an idiot when your going to be making potato posts yourself.

Daveho1
27-02-2016, 04:48 AM
Amant just mad cause mum ran out of money for his build.

cbauto
27-02-2016, 06:52 AM
Amant just mad cause mum ran out of money for his build.
Maybe his mum was in the Avalon

u mad?
27-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Maybe his mum was in the Avalon

RIP amants mum