PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Euro Luxury - All doors intermittently won't lock or unlock

jonny987
20-02-2016, 05:12 PM
Hi guys,

Really sorry if this is posted elsewhere I did try searching (here and internet).

Sometimes my car won't lock or unlock using the keyfob and this affects all the doors (and boot).

Pressing the lock button sometimes won't lock any of the doors/activate alarm:
- I've started carrying both my keyfobs with me and neither will work.
- The LED lights up when buttons are pressed
- I've tried going around and slamming all doors / boot shut but still no good
- Walking around the car pressing buttons on either fob doesn't help
- If I leave it and come back later, it will work again

Pressing unlock button sometimes won't unlock doors or open boot:
- This affects all the doors and the remote boot release
- Again, tried with both fobs - LED lights up but no luck
- Walking around the car pressing buttons on either fob doesn't help
- If I leave it and come back later, it will work again
- Walking around the car, I don't hear any 'clicking' noises or anything coming from the doors

The car has a new battery.
The fobs both have new batteries.
No sign of corrosion or damage on the PCBs of either fob.

Stupid extra question: when I unlock the car with my key, the alarm comes on (if I've locked with the fob). If I try to start the car with either key, do I risk permanently immobilising my engine (until an immobiliser brake code is applied)?

This is doing my head in and I'm now scared of being locked out of my car when I go out. I've started locking the car with the key but still lock with the fob sometimes out of force of habit.

Cheers

Martin77
20-02-2016, 10:33 PM
From your description above it is probably not a fault on the fob but the receiver on the car.
It seems like its an intermittent fault and maybe a connection issue. You may want to disconnect and reconnect ( and clean) the cable to the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) under the dash fuse box. Your Honda mechanics should be able to troubleshoot if the fault is on the MICU.
http://jrphotodesign.net/euror/service_manual/Accessories%20and%20Equipment/Keyless%20Entry%20and%20Security%20Alarm%20System. pdf

jonny987
21-02-2016, 07:30 AM
From your description above it is probably not a fault on the fob but the receiver on the car.
It seems like its an intermittent fault and maybe a connection issue. You may want to disconnect and reconnect ( and clean) the cable to the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) under the dash fuse box. Your Honda mechanics should be able to troubleshoot if the fault is on the MICU.
http://jrphotodesign.net/euror/service_manual/Accessories%20and%20Equipment/Keyless%20Entry%20and%20Security%20Alarm%20System. pdf

That looks promising - thanks for that mate; much appreciated :thumbsup: