PDA

View Full Version : Newby intro..>

IRI
11-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Hey guys/girls,
Just thought i'd intro myself and ask a question or two.
I stumbled across this site looking for info on my new 99 ITR. I want to leave it relatively stock but I want to add a full exhaust system and a CAI. Im guessing you guys here are the experts so I just want to know whats the best type/place to get one installed in Vic? I've heard that it's more easy to lose power modding an itr then to make power. What has worked for you guys? And anyone know where I can get a sunroof installed?

Thanks 8)

joneblaze
12-01-2004, 01:07 AM
Hey IRI,

welcome. (btw, ur post didn't actually introduce urself... I still don't know anything bout u cept for the fact u own a dc2R and u live in Melbourne.. lol :D . Try posting a thread in Introductions!)
Just wondering, do you want a sunroof very badly? I was under the impression having a sunroof causes chassis/body flex when tracking/"lively" driving, which is why the ITR doesnt have one (although the VTEC equipped VTiR does).
Do a quick search regarding the exhaust/CAI mods and you'll find some decent reading. Also, since ur a DC2R driver, try www.team-integra.net , www.honda-tech.com and www.clubrsx.com for some more specific info. :)
I think most ppl will advise a DIY or AEM/Mugen etc CAI, and 2.25" or more likely 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust piping for your catback exhaust, and later on down the track some JDM or aftermarket 4-2-1/4-1 headers.... these are all just the "basics", feel free to ask more questions and our experienced hands will answer. :)

jon

civicboy
12-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi! Welcome to O.H. :)

UR2L8
12-01-2004, 01:34 PM
You will lose power if you use cheapo or custom made exhausts. I drive the same car 99ITR and went to a custom exhaust centre and they had a look at my stock stuff and told me that they can build something for me but nothing as good as what I got in there (which is stock).
If you want a good exhaust then a good value for money would be an Apexi Cat back exhaust with high flow cat. If you want the best then Spoon N1. Just depends on your budget.

vti-2
12-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Here are two posts to get you started. There are some workshops in those threads that have been recommended.

From my experience, as long as the workshop has done a few Honda's before it should be fine. If they haven't, don't get work done there.

As mentioned, you can lose power very easily on a VTEC if the exhaust isn't designed/installed properly. i.e. pipe diameter, bends etc.

Good luck and let us know where you get it done. :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=788&highlight=workshops+melbourne

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1694&highlight=workshops

BLKCRX
12-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Complete your setup with a fully tuneable ECU that allows perfect fuel and ignition timing for your car as well as controlling vtec perfectly!! You will benefit the most by tuning the car perfectly for maximum performance for the modifications you do, extending your redline and allowing your engine to rev freely smoother with more power.

Regards James

IRI
12-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks heeps for the replies guys.
I htought of taking a visit to evolution r to check out the mugen exhaust and headers they have on their website coz my guess was that I couldnt go wrong getting genuine mugen, but heard that evo-r prices are a bit high. I have a better look around since i posted this last night and the AEM CAI seems to be the most popular, but were the hell can I get it? Is there a shop I walk into and take one of a shelf?

How often do you guys have meets?

oh, and ah.... what does JDM stand for???:)

joneblaze
12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market. Just basically the local Japanese version of some parts...

btw UR2L8, i think some forumers here would have to disagree with u on ur "custom made zorsts lose power" comment..... i'd have to disagree too after seeing certain ITRs and VTiRs out and about.....

jon

euro77
13-01-2004, 10:17 AM
welcome mate

[[d a n n y]]
13-01-2004, 10:40 AM
g day mate get JDM STUFF MATE

fried
13-01-2004, 11:51 AM
yeah...... with regards to catbacks.... custom shop are fine...... from what i SEEN....... i guess in reagrds to ur headers, that is important to get a good one, like JDM, or something.