PDA

View Full Version : Need help with parts for CRX/b16a swap

UiK
09-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Hi guys,

I've got a very clean EF CRX which I bought with no engine or gearbox for really cheap. I than went got a b16 "swap" which is missing a few parts which I need ASAP as the engine is in but useless without a few certain parts.

ATM I'm after a shift linkage. I have a b18a shift linkage and axles at home and I know someone who can shorten these kind of parts and rejoin Forge them back together. My only issue is I'm not sure how much I'd need to shorten the linkage and the axles. I've done a few searches but received conflicting numbers. Can anyone give me a more precise figure on the long these parts need to be?

Thanks guys!

markismaximus
14-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Hi guys,

I've got a very clean EF CRX which I bought with no engine or gearbox for really cheap. I than went got a b16 "swap" which is missing a few parts which I need ASAP as the engine is in but useless without a few certain parts.

ATM I'm after a shift linkage. I have a b18a shift linkage and axles at home and I know someone who can shorten these kind of parts and rejoin Forge them back together. My only issue is I'm not sure how much I'd need to shorten the linkage and the axles. I've done a few searches but received conflicting numbers. Can anyone give me a more precise figure on the long these parts need to be?

Thanks guys!

Why don't you mark them, cut them, then test fit and measure how much of the tube you need to remove?

cbauto
14-04-2016, 11:47 PM
trust me, cut exactly 2 inches off

Daveho1
15-04-2016, 06:20 AM
PM Cbauto for exactly 2 inches

markismaximus
15-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Only way to be sure is to test fit, measure and cut to suit

cbauto
15-04-2016, 03:07 PM
I just cut off 2inch