PDA

View Full Version : HR-V Self locking doors

Bob hornby
13-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Sometimes when I go to the car in my garage without the keys in my pocket the doors are locked and other times there are not. Any one got any ideas on this?
Bob

Purple
13-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Just to get this clear....Are the doors locking or unlocking themselves ?

curtis265
13-03-2016, 11:01 PM
No idea.. Are these proximity locks? or the sort where you have to press a button on the handle?

Most people here haven't seen a Honda past 2006, myself included

lolmclol
14-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Alzheimers

Bob hornby
14-03-2016, 09:35 PM
The doors normally lock themselves when I walk away from the car. This is normal and is a feature of the car. However when he car is in my garage sometime the doors lock and sometimes they do not lock. The keys are in the same location i.e in the kitchen for both occasions.
Bob

u mad?
15-03-2016, 12:14 AM
Alzheimers

What do you say to this gentleman, Bob?

RenzokukenJ
15-03-2016, 12:49 AM
What do you say to this gentleman, Bob?
What the fuk sort of English is that m8

Purple
15-03-2016, 07:33 AM
The doors normally lock themselves when I walk away from the car. This is normal and is a feature of the car. However when he car is in my garage sometime the doors lock and sometimes they do not lock. The keys are in the same location i.e in the kitchen for both occasions.
Bob

Can I assume the car always locks when you leave it in a shopping centre car park ?
Is your shed a steel shed ?

Bob hornby
15-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Purple, yes the doors always lock them selves when I leave it in a shopping centre. The garage is part of our house and constructed of timber framework and giprock interior walls.

Regarding the Alzheimer's comments I find it OK, it is just a bit of fun and as I am not young any more so maybe it is not too far away for me anyway.
Bob

Purple
15-03-2016, 09:37 AM
Ok well I guess the remote signal is prob not being blocked then. I can only think that you might have some electrical item in the vicinity that jams the locking signal.
Have you talked to your Honda dealer about it ? What did they say ?

curtis265
15-03-2016, 09:46 AM
I'm thinking you're right on the line between locking/unlocking, so depending on the weather it might just not lock on certain days

<3 technology

lolmclol
15-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Purple, yes the doors always lock them selves when I leave it in a shopping centre. The garage is part of our house and constructed of timber framework and giprock interior walls.

Regarding the Alzheimer's comments I find it OK, it is just a bit of fun and as I am not young any more so maybe it is not too far away for me anyway.
Bob
Was just joking, sorry mate.

Ok well I guess the remote signal is prob not being blocked then. I can only think that you might have some electrical item in the vicinity that jams the locking signal.
Have you talked to your Honda dealer about it ? What did they say ?
The locking works in the sense that when the remote isn't being detected close by it locks, so if the signal was being as you've termed "jammed" then it would lock as it doesn't detect the signal anymore.

I'm thinking you're right on the line between locking/unlocking, so depending on the weather it might just not lock on certain days

<3 technology
This is what is most likely the issue, the distance between your garage and your kitchen is in the Goldilocks zone and due to the lower levels of radio interference at home it is still able to detect it.

Try having the keys somewhere further away in the house?

Purple
15-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Try this for an experiment : Stay in the shed with the car then put the keys into a metal box. See if it locks.

Bob hornby
17-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Purple, I have found the answer to the mystery. My wife (who has the second set of keys) sometimes laves her handbag in the bedroom (which is close to the garage) and sometimes in the lounge room (which is not close to the garage). So it is not my set of keys activating, or not activating, the doors. Problem solved.
Bob

Purple
17-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Purple, I have found the answer to the mystery. My wife (who has the second set of keys) sometimes laves her handbag in the bedroom (which is close to the garage) and sometimes in the lounge room (which is not close to the garage). So it is not my set of keys activating, or not activating, the doors. Problem solved.
Bob

You might have to buy your wife a Glowmesh handbag, lol.
Glad to hear the car isn't faulty.