PDA

View Full Version : Help on my quest

Auto
10-04-2016, 12:30 AM
Hi all

First post on the forum and as the saying goes: it's a doozy.

I have a disability which means I cannot drive a manual. I can drive an auto with two feet. I am not allowed to use a hand clutch in NSW (or sequential needing my left hand). I also love Hondas. A lot. Which puts me in a bit of a bind.

Now

I'm going to buy an EK hatchback. Full stop. It will be an auto. No question. I fully intend make it the one of the most fun auto Hondas in Australia over the next decade. It also has to be at least capable of keeping up with a stock type R EK both in corners and on the strip.

Obviously I will have to boost (pun) capacity beyond the B16 and put a largeish turbo on it. Weakest link is the auto box. I understand that Honda boxes cannot handle big numbers so I will have to swap it out for something stronger.

Money is no object here. Neither is time or rarity of parts. All I ask is that you help me in my quest. Only requirements

1. It must be fun

2. It must be fast

3. It must be auto

4. It must be FWD

Please don't talk about swapping out manual parts or converting it to RWD. We as a community have been lazy about it for years. You're all smart, dedicated people. So consider your answer carefully.

Cheers

Auto

PS: It's a privilege to be FINALLY be a part of Ozhonda. I have followed this since I was a kid.

Daveho1
10-04-2016, 04:37 AM
Welcome aboard.

bennjamin
10-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Why dont you chuck a b20 vtec or b18 tied to a eg6 or similar auto box ?

beeza
11-04-2016, 06:03 AM
Groundhog day- First step is a doozy!!!

Noice.

Inspirational post mate.I see where your heart is.

GO FOR IT!!

I was running auto for a few years,out the track too.

A heap of fun.

Feel free to pm me if u think I might be able to help.

Enjoy the journey mate.