PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Compressor clutch

Ris
16-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Could anyone point me in the direction on where I can find air-conditioning compressor for my Honda Accord, the compressor clutch in it has failed.
The vehicle was bought in 2011 a demonstration model from the local Honda Dealership and it came with a 5 year warranty and 5 year roadside service. However Honda is not honouring the 5 year warranty as apparently the warranty start date wasn't from when the car was purchased but from when they put it on the show room floor. Information that is stated nowhere in the purchase contract.

Anyway now I'm sourcing a air-conditioning compressor, the car has only got 63,000 km on it and it has had every scheduled service so I'm shocked such an expensive part has failed in a short time. However I don't know much about cars so this may be common..

If anyone can assist me that would be great, so far I have been advised that for the air-conditioning compressor you have to buy parts separately and then have it assembled and parts combined are well over $2000.

Please help.

Thank you

Fredoops
16-04-2016, 07:12 PM
However Honda is not honouring the 5 year warranty as apparently the warranty start date wasn't from when the car was purchased but from when they put it on the show room floor. Information that is stated nowhere in the purchase contract.

The warranty starts the moment the car is registered, in case of demo's the d-day starts when the car is registered to the dealer shop.

Anyway now I'm sourcing a air-conditioning compressor, the car has only got 63,000 km on it and it has had every scheduled service so I'm shocked such an expensive part has failed in a short time. However I don't know much about cars so this may be common..

yes, air con compressor is kinda common among hondas.

Is yours a 4 cylinder or V6?

Ris
16-04-2016, 07:39 PM
The warranty starts the moment the car is registered, in case of demo's the d-day starts when the car is registered to the dealer shop.

yes, air con compressor is kinda common among hondas.

Is yours a 4 cylinder or V6?

Mine is a V6
Just worried about getting off eBay incase I outlay for incorrect part.