PDA

View Full Version : Noise from behind the dashboard

hondamn
24-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Hey guys,

I'm getting a weird noise from behind the dashboard on my 07 Accord Euro that I recently got. It's hard to explain, but basically when I'm stationary at the traffic lights I started noticing it. Seems to come from behind the center console. It's like a thunk/clunk noise, but dampened. From other forums it's almost like a 'sloshing' noise. So not really a mechanical click, but almost like a pump is doing something. You can hear it every couple of seconds or so but not always and it's somewhat inconsistent.

Actually maybe a 'glugging' noise explains it best. Like a glug, glug, glug.

Only thing I can think of is that I haven't been using the heating/cooling/AC very much, until the other day when I used the heating. Could it be related to that somehow, or something else? Air bubbles in something?

I left the car alone for 20 odd minutes and then I tried turning the heating system on from stationary without turning the ignition (so I could hear it better) and it wasn't making that noise.

When it makes that noise, it was impossible to check if it came from under the hood as the engine makes too much noise to hear it.

Cheers.

cbauto
25-05-2016, 12:53 AM
car's rekt. buy a new holden

Fredoops
25-05-2016, 02:11 AM
I got the same issue, belt chirp all over the joint.

Check your drive belt, belt tensioner and power steering pump.