PDA

View Full Version : CL9 - wheel alignment and aftermarket arms

Jiblet
31-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

Got my cl9 fairly low and last wheel alignment shows camber is out between -2 and -3 (and toe is out too but cant remember how much).

I was wondering if anyone knows the minimum aftermarket adjustable arms that are required to get the alignment back into factory specs?

I am thinking minimum of camber arms and maybe toe.

Cheers
Paul

aaronng
31-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Hi all,

Got my cl9 fairly low and last wheel alignment shows camber is out between -2 and -3 (and toe is out too but cant remember how much).

I was wondering if anyone knows the minimum aftermarket adjustable arms that are required to get the alignment back into factory specs?

I am thinking minimum of camber arms and maybe toe.

Cheers
Paul
Was the alignment out at the front or the rear wheels? CL9's get crazy negative camber when lowered. Mine went to -4º when lowered by only 1.5 inches! I went for the rear lower control arms to adjust both camber and toe, but mine is the base model. Yours being the Luxury will have the HID level sensors on one of those lower arms. So you may want to rely on the standard toe adjustment (all CL9's have this) but get aftermarket camber adjustable upper arms so that you don't miss with your HID's leveling system.

Jiblet
02-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the info mate. Pretty sure the hid level is attached to the shocks/coilovers so shouldn't mess with the arms.

I will look into that. Thinking i might just raise it for now to see if i can get some positive back.

Fyi, front is -1, rear is -3. I dont mind but my tyre wear says otherwise.

aaronng
05-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the info mate. Pretty sure the hid level is attached to the shocks/coilovers so shouldn't mess with the arms.

I will look into that. Thinking i might just raise it for now to see if i can get some positive back.

Fyi, front is -1, rear is -3. I dont mind but my tyre wear says otherwise.
Front HID leveller is attached to the shock, but the rear is attached to the lower control arm. Have a look, the rear is a pain.

I'd just get an alignment. Having the car slightly lowered is nice. All you need is something like this to get the rear camber back in (came up on the top of a google search for "CL9 rear camber arm":
http://www.hard-race.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_63_165&product_id=864