PDA

View Full Version : *** spigot bearing noise dc2r***

ibbyDC2R
22-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Hey peeps, ***correction it's release bearing ***

So I got this noise coming from my engine, it's like a whistle noise when the car is in neutral or driving it gets louder. But the noise will go away when I rest my leg on the clutch very lightly so I don't actually push the clutch in.

My mate had the same problem with his crx del sol years ago and told me it's the spigot/release bearing needs to be changed. The current clutch I got on is a excedy heavy duty clutch which comes with its own spigot bearing. The clutch was changed about a year ago along with the spigot bearing.

My mechanic told me that if he changes the spigot bearing again the noise will just come back a few months down the track.

Another suggestion is maybe stick to the oem clutch and spigot bearing that might get rid of the noise permanent ?

Has anyone had this problem yet or know a solution for it. The noise is so annoying. Some people might not mind it but I'm very anal when it comes to things like this lol

Cheers[emoji482]

bennjamin
22-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Its likely the input shaft bearing and or others inside your gearbox failing/failed.

You will need to drop the gearbox and replace the release bearing minimum and I strongly suggest to open the box and inspect

ibbyDC2R
22-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Its likely the input shaft bearing and or others inside your gearbox failing/failed.

You will need to drop the gearbox and replace the release bearing minimum and I strongly suggest to open the box and inspect

The box was reconditioned last year and since then I haven't driven it much Iv been told it's the release bearing but Idno if that's a permanent fix

beeza
27-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Yeah,input shaft bearing,just swap the box.They say it's about a 15 hr job otherwise.