PDA

View Full Version : Mounting IAT in B18C intake arm

Austro
18-07-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm looking to install an ITR intake arm + box that I had sitting around to replace the stock intake (panel filter type with resonator). As such, I was wondering how people have gone/would go about mounting the IAT in the arm in a secure fashion. The obvious solution would be to drill out a hole to a size that allowed for a snug fit when pushed into the arm, but extra opinions or shared experience would be appreciated. Cheers.

Hondarally
19-07-2016, 05:54 AM
I had one with a drilled hole and a rubber panel grommet holding the sensor in there. Had been sikaflexed in place and was dodgy as fk (previous owner was the craftsman responsible for that gem).

I replaced the dodgy grommet with a slightly better fitting one and it worked ok. Don't know how long it would last - I sold the car a while ago.

bennjamin
19-07-2016, 11:11 AM
OP

do you have a OBD1 intake manifold ? Just keep the standard IAT plugged in at the far right hand side.

Austro
19-07-2016, 06:10 PM
I had one with a drilled hole and a rubber panel grommet holding the sensor in there. Had been sikaflexed in place and was dodgy as fk (previous owner was the craftsman responsible for that gem).

I replaced the dodgy grommet with a slightly better fitting one and it worked ok. Don't know how long it would last - I sold the car a while ago.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

OP

do you have a OBD1 intake manifold ? Just keep the standard IAT plugged in at the far right hand side.

OBD2, IAT runs from on top of the TB into the intake arm.