PDA

View Full Version : Euro: Audio Auxiliary Input

neilmacdonald
12-01-2004, 12:11 PM
I have been looking @ ClubTSX and how people are connecting iPods etc to the TSX audio system using the SHOND3/2 from soundgate.

Has anybody tried this with the Australian spec? I am not certain that the US and OZ spec audio setups are the same.

Alternatively does anyone have any better suggestions for connecting an iPod style device to the stock headunit.

I am reluctant to use an FM hookup due to the loss of sound quality. I have ripped all of my WMA files @ 192Kb, so quality is important.

I do plan to upgrade the stock speakers and (add an) amp in this project.

Thanks in advance.

yfin
12-01-2004, 02:48 PM
US audio is the premium set up (see your manual). It is different to the Jap spec (they have 8 speakers, etc).

What exactly is the SHOND3/2 from soundgate?

Connecting the audio from the Ipod should not be a problem - all you need is a stereo RCA cable connected to the ipod - ie headphone jack of ipod connected to the twin L-R RCA AUX inputs at the back of the Euro head unit. If your Ipod doesn't have this cable you can obtain one from Dick Smith, etc.

I have not actually seen the AUX inputs on the Euro - check the manual - they should be RCA.

euro77
13-01-2004, 10:20 AM
There is no aux input on aus version of Euro as far as I know. :(

neilmacdonald
13-01-2004, 10:23 AM
You can get an Tape Deck or MP3 player as Honda Accessories, that work using the existing audio setup. So I assume there is some kind of aux input for these devices.

I will have a look behind the unit tonight.

PERTH_EURO
16-05-2004, 09:42 AM
was there Aux inputs?

I notice on the deck that there is an AUX button

euro77
16-05-2004, 07:17 PM
There should be Aux input for the optional MP3 player

bigdongers
17-05-2004, 01:57 AM
the schond3 is an adaptor that plugs into the cd changer/mp3 player plug in the HU and has RCA inputs into it. This means you can plug in iPod, DVD etc and just hit the AUX button on the HU to switch to the new source.

Not sure if it works with the Aus Euros though.

juve
17-05-2004, 10:53 AM
what is this schond3? I've been googling but can't find anything detailed about it...

:oops:

jolt
10-06-2004, 08:14 PM
was there any resolution on whether there is a simple aux-in facility on the Aus Accord Euro??

thanks
Rod

bigdongers
11-06-2004, 12:07 AM
what is this schond3? I've been googling but can't find anything detailed about it...

:oops:

have a look here http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3148

and here is the store you can buy it from

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/sounsnhond3.html

hope this helps :)