PDA

View Full Version : Rust - help

TommyHonda
19-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Hi.
Recently bought a 2007 Jazz.
Discovered that it's riddled with rust, front to back.
Had the car inspected and it hasn't been involved any collisions.
The rust is consistently located along weld seams, as if the welds haven't been sealed properly with the standard heavy duty sillicon sealer.
Also extensive rust along the bottom of the doors and holes around the door locking mechanism.
I informed Honda Australia and they dismissed me, rather rudely, with a patronising copy-and-paste email, stating the obvious about vehicles outwith the manufacturer's warranty.
However, they're missing the point completely - 8-year-old cars shouldn't be covered in rust.
This is a major product failure and I'm surprised by how quickly Honda dismissed my enquiry, without even a phone call - never mind an inspection of the vehicle.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Fredoops
19-08-2016, 02:50 PM
contact consumer affairs

it's not isolated incident itseems

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2296098
http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=5003.0

bennjamin
19-08-2016, 03:27 PM
My previous jazz (07 vti) wasn't....implying that your car has a fault be it excessive beach side exposure or more than likely it's a unofficial write off from water damage ( flood etc and not reported/fixed )

Sorry , but IMO it's nothing to do with Honda but most likely previous owner/s

Best of luck

YeahByuddy
19-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Paint over rust and sell at auctions

Martin77
19-08-2016, 07:44 PM
There is a good rust converter you could use before painting. It turns it black when you apply it.
https://eshop.wurth.com.au/Rust-converter-RUSTCON-CAN-1LTR/0893110.sku/en/US/AUD/

cbauto
20-08-2016, 07:47 PM
buys old car, complains it's not new enough.

new generation of fgts thinking they're always in the right.

20 years ago, maybe 8yo cars shouldn't have rust, but now they're built to be replaced.

TommyHonda
24-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Fgts? Are you serious?

TommyHonda
24-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Thank you

TommyHonda
24-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Thanks.
Had it checked at three garages, including Hinda. Nothing to do with previous owners or collision damage.
More likely quality control

cbauto
24-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Thanks.
Had it checked at three garages, including Hinda. Nothing to do with previous owners or collision damage.
Smart people get the car checked before buying

Martin77
24-08-2016, 01:43 PM
I had some rust bubbles on the roof of my lancer (parallel lines). Apparently is was due to incorrect silicon/glue used underneath.
I took it to a smash repairer to have it removed and resprayed but the rust reappeared in 18 months.

bennjamin
24-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Thanks.

i said flood damage not collision damage
If the car has been in deep water or in moist conditions for a long time this can happen

anyway lawyer up and see how you go.

You WILL spend more than the value of the car to fight this.

cbauto
24-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I had some rust bubbles on the roof of my lancer (parallel lines). Apparently is was due to incorrect silicon/glue used underneath.
I took it to a smash repairer to have it removed and resprayed but the rust reappeared in 18 months.
Wooooweww
That's so awesome!!!!!