PDA

View Full Version : DC5 King Springs. DIY install, HELP

Jazon
24-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Hi guys,
So i just got myself some king springs for my type s but have no idea on installing them. I've looked at some build threads but the pictures are missing:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=371462 & http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=9017530&posted=1#post9017530

If anyone knows any other threads that have instructions + pics that would be much appreaciated thanks!

rossirider
25-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Do you have a spring compressor?

Jazon
25-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Do you have a spring compressor?

Sadly I don't, but I know supercheap auto has them for $80. BTW with the new springs do I need to change anything? e.g the shocks

EKVTIR-T
25-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Sadly I don't, but I know supercheap auto has them for $80. BTW with the new springs do I need to change anything? e.g the shocksspring compressors are on ebay for 25 bucks

you dont 'need' to change shocks yet but they eventually wear out with lowered springs,it will handle nicer with a sport shock like koni bilstein etc.

bennjamin
25-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Hi guys,
So i just got myself some king springs for my type s but have no idea on installing them. I've looked at some build threads but the pictures are missing:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=371462 & http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=9017530&posted=1#post9017530

If anyone knows any other threads that have instructions + pics that would be much appreaciated thanks!

If if you are asking these type of questions I strongly recommend taking your car to a mechanic to do the job.

There is ONE major issue with the front suspension that you MUST keep an eye on , for it will pop and really **** up your whole day. Just a hint - it involves removing your driveshafts and re doing your inner pot joints

Jazon
25-09-2016, 04:12 PM
spring compressors are on ebay for 25 bucks

you dont 'need' to change shocks yet but they eventually wear out with lowered springs,it will handle nicer with a sport shock like koni bilstein etc.

Okay got it. Thanks man!

Jazon
25-09-2016, 04:15 PM
If if you are asking these type of questions I strongly recommend taking your car to a mechanic to do the job.

There is ONE major issue with the front suspension that you MUST keep an eye on , for it will pop and really **** up your whole day. Just a hint - it involves removing your driveshafts and re doing your inner pot joints

I got quoted $300 to change the springs which costs more than the springs. Got lowering king springs for $100

bennjamin
25-09-2016, 04:20 PM
I got quoted $300 to change the springs which costs more than the springs. Got lowering king springs for $100

Thats great.

The issue i speak speak of would cost maybe $500+ towing or mobile mechanic call out fee. Plus all the wasted time.

Pay a mech to do it , and avoid mega issues.

Jazon
25-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Thats great.

The issue i speak speak of would cost maybe $500+ towing or mobile mechanic call out fee. Plus all the wasted time.

Pay a mech to do it , and avoid mega issues.

Yeah good point. Thanks man

bennjamin
25-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Yeah good point. Thanks man

its a harder DIY compared other suspension installs. Earlier hondas are easy !

Jazon
25-09-2016, 07:36 PM
its a harder DIY compared other suspension installs. Earlier hondas are easy !

Ahhhh i see :thumbsup:

Dxs
26-09-2016, 05:17 PM
I have had my inner joint pop out.. only takes a few mins max or movement and wiggling get it to pop back in

i find installing the rears harder on the DC5 cause they need compression

but as ben said, if you don't know what you are doing, then you don't know what you are doing.

Jazon
26-09-2016, 06:46 PM
I have had my inner joint pop out.. only takes a few mins max or movement and wiggling get it to pop back in

i find installing the rears harder on the DC5 cause they need compression

but as ben said, if you don't know what you are doing, then you don't know what you are doing.

Good point i'll leave it in the hands of a professional. Thanks

Dxs
26-09-2016, 09:42 PM
but in saying that.. we all started from nothing, so if you are keen, read up, watch some videos and give it a shot

find a copy of the genuine honda workshop manual for the dc5 too, and it will give you some good info on shock removal too.