PDA

View Full Version : problem with dc2

casper
20-04-2005, 04:28 PM
my mrs' dc2 vti-r is giving problems. i havent seen it but she said it is hunting around and sometimes when she accelerates it cuts out briefly. She is at work atm and im in wodonga. I put new spark plugs in it on saturday, maybe thats the problem??? Could it be fuel, oil or just the plugs. is it safe for her to drive home. bout 30kms???
i think i may of gapped the plugs wrong and the ecu has detected this and and has started to retard the car???

ECU-MAN
20-04-2005, 10:25 PM
hey what brand plugs did you use. also can you tell me what modle number plugs u used. did you gap the plugs to 1mm before you put them in
???

tinkerbell
20-04-2005, 11:07 PM
might be as simple as a loose plug lead mate!

what did you torque the plugs to?

did you actually gap the plugs? the NGK ones come std gapped if you asked for VTiR plugs at the auto store...

edw-R
20-04-2005, 11:23 PM
check the gap!!

casper
26-04-2005, 12:18 PM
i put the old plugs back in and it has been fine for a week untill today. This time i saw it for my self. the car started fine and then the dash lit up and the revs jumped b/w 0-1000rpm frantically. The light below the oil light was on???
I turned the car off for 30 seconds. then started again and it was fine. I checked all the plugs and leads. their fine. What is that light below the oil light???

ECU-MAN
26-04-2005, 10:04 PM
was it yellow, and a picture of an engine ????

g3vtir
27-04-2005, 07:58 AM
sounds a bit like air control valve..not too sure though...coz when my revs used to go up and down frantically like that, it was the intake air control valve that was causing it.

casper
27-04-2005, 01:06 PM
the light was yellow and not only does the the tacho go spastic but the speedo goes spastic aswell, jumping from 20-40 when the car is out of gear idling. I did put a HKS air filter on the car when my mrs got it. It doesnt always do it but its happened twice in the last 2 days.

ECU-MAN
27-04-2005, 09:25 PM
this is you next step

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8218

ginganggooly
27-04-2005, 09:30 PM
have you tried swapping to a known 'good' ignitor module?

i traced my misfiring, inability to start and a tacho that was bouncing all over the place down to that. never threw a cel though.

casper
29-04-2005, 09:37 PM
i did a diagnostic check and nothing. how long does it take. the dash lights up, oil, engine, battery lights all light up but there is no codes(bleeps). does this mean i dont have a problem. we have come up with the car has only gone into limp mode when the heater has been on. i have reset the ecu and no sign of it going limp again.
wat should i do?

ECU-MAN
30-04-2005, 11:08 AM
ok so ther is no codes in your ecu. does the car still drive funny.
you might have a problem with the ignition module or olther mart of the ignition system.
maybee you should take it to a mechanic

casper
02-05-2005, 08:59 AM
the car hasnt done it again but im going to get it checked by a mechanic. its weird, there is no signs there is anything wrong with the car then all of a sudden it would go into limp mode and then correct itself???

ECU-MAN
02-05-2005, 10:26 PM
when you say it goes into limp mode, the engine light actually comes on ???? or are you just saying limp mode coz the car hesitated for a while then goes but no engine light comes on

casper
03-05-2005, 09:29 AM
just cruising on the highway for instance and then with no warning it cuts out. i think the engine light comes on straight away. tacho and speedo go wild and engine and battery light stay on??? did a diagnostic check again and nothing. When it did this i just pulled over. turned the car off for 30seconds restarted and it was fine????