PDA

View Full Version : 97 Civic Coupe - Disc rotor and brake pads

LMF
23-11-2016, 01:24 PM
I need some help from you all with the correct disc rotor and brake pad for my 97 Civic Coupe that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

After some research I believe the front disc rotor is 262mm and brake pad should be DB1286 (Bendix/dba), however, when I look at the Bendix online catalogue 2 door coupe uses DB1391 for the front and DB1163 for the rear but my Civic with rear drum brake and I am so confuse now so can anyone with 96-99 Civic Coupe please confirm which brake pad is correct.

Thanks

Jasemas
29-11-2016, 10:14 PM
You're going to have to pull of the old pads and compare

Martin77
03-12-2016, 08:15 AM
You can also call GSL rallysport or brakesdirect (same company) for their support.

http://brakesdirect.com.au/

They sell quality street performance pads which are comparable in price to the bendix pads. They recommend QFM HPX and remsa pads and Im sure they sell Bendix pads too.
Different pads have different feel to them. Some have good initial bite and some that is progressive with minimal bite at the beginning (but having great stopping power with more pressure). I bought QFM HPX (made in Australia) from brakesdirect and they are progressive compared to the original Honda pads I replaced.