Hey All

Need a few parts if you could help!

2 x front door speakers
Bonnet (Black)

Genuine parts of course... Current speakers are faulty & the bonnet is damaged

Cheers

Fredoops
25-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Call up wreckers, they should have them.

Pat7
25-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah have been mate! No luck with a bonnet so far and found a few wreckers for speakers but wanting top dollar with no refunds/warranty.
Thought I'd try my luck on here!
Thanks

Fredoops
25-11-2016, 05:32 PM
I am changing my audio over xmas. All 4 speakers are going. So if you still don't get it by xmas hit me up.

safetycar
26-11-2016, 10:54 AM
OEM speakers are crap. Could gut the broken ones and use them as brackets to mount some decent aftermarket ones without the need to drill or mess with any wiring (may need to cut the plastic lip around the grill).

Pat7
28-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Thanks Fredoops - Will definitely keep that in mind!

Thanks Safetycar - To be serious I'm quite happy with em considering they are stock, not much of a sound guy anymore. Interesting i went into a audio shop and they tell me that i cant just replace the speaker as it has tweeters hooked up and I'd have to replace them also and wiring would need doing?
Thought by just getting some aftermarket speakers I'd be able to just plug em in, thought they all had like a generic plug 2-pin or an adapter?

safetycar
28-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Interesting i went into a audio shop and they tell me that i cant just replace the speaker as it has tweeters hooked up and I'd have to replace them also and wiring would need doing?
Thought by just getting some aftermarket speakers I'd be able to just plug em in, thought they all had like a generic plug 2-pin or an adapter?
Stock tweeters are just wired in parallel. Could just leave them, won't effect wiring, although will effect the total impedance. Easy enough to get some splits and replace both, although if you put the crossovers in the door, then you need to run a new tweeter wire back inside and up under the dash. Easy enough on the passenger side since you can just push it through the rubber boot. Drivers side on the other hand has more complicated wiring and a molex connector which fills the whole rubber boot. Some spare pins though which you can drill out to feed a wire through (or possibly install pins) and then feed through the rubber boot, up under the dash. Remove the old tweeters from the grills and hot glue the new ones.

Speakers have some kind of two pin Honda plug. whilst gutting the stock speakers, could hack that off and use as an adapter (or most likely buy one). If installing splits, could also install the crossovers under the dash, then could use the existing wiring into the doors. Should be possible to install a new driver in the door, reuse the tweeters and not modify anything other than the already dead speakers though. As I recall the stock tweeters actually looked Ok. Obviously better to get a tweeter, driver and crossover that all match though, but yes that will involve some re-wiring.

Pat7
28-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Sounds complicated!!! Appreciate your detailed response mate! Hopefully i can just find some stocks from a wrecker.
Cheers

Martin77
02-12-2016, 04:47 PM
I am changing my audio over xmas. All 4 speakers are going. So if you still don't get it by xmas hit me up.

What are you changing your speakers to Fred?

Fredoops
04-12-2016, 10:39 AM
A minor upgrade.

MB quart front split and rear 6x9 running from a 400w mini 4 channel amp from the stock HU.