PDA

View Full Version : Removing EG dash??

MTX BOY
12-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the dash from around odometer, fuel etc in an EG . as i am nearly finished DIY painting my interior ..this the only part that wont pull out :x does anyone have any helpful hints :)

Thanx SaM

bennjamin
12-01-2004, 08:16 PM
PM Danny ( [ d a n n y ] - as he has recently begun an engine conversion - and has pulled out his dash and replaced a few hundred times ;)

BTW its fairly straight forward ;)

dcii_sir
12-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Heres the trick, get a small flat head screwdriver and take out the hazard button, there should be a screw in there.. unscrew this.. along with the other 2 screws near the odomoters .. i think 3 screws in total.. once thats done.. you'll need to yank the whole thing out.. careful not to drop screws inside or you'll have a hard time finding it. Forgot to mention, u need to unplug the wires as well from the back.

MTX BOY
12-01-2004, 08:20 PM
sweet! thanx fellas...

michael_antoi
06-11-2004, 03:26 PM
did a search and found this thread...

after removing the dash can i replace the bulbs to change the colour of the dash or would this not work?

SiR JDM
06-11-2004, 04:11 PM
exactly wat dcII_sir said... i did it the other day .. not a hard job..

michael_antoi
06-11-2004, 04:48 PM
and about the bulbs...does anyone know if i could replace them?

bubblecivic
06-11-2004, 05:17 PM
i hear it takes like 2 days to remove the whole dash is that right?
is the wiring also hard?

SiR JDM
06-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Bubblecivic, I think he means just the cluster... ie.. spedo, tacho, fuel/temp gauges =]

Fo55il
14-06-2006, 06:46 AM
how to remove the whole das???

incoming
14-06-2006, 07:58 AM
its pretty straight forward guys...
theres alot of bolts
the first place to start is the centre console.. gauge cluster, stereo..
work ur way around by pulling the dash and u can "feel" where theres bolts holding it in place...

ps. the gray plastic part below the gauge cluster doesnt come off unless u pull off the whole dash..
sorry its hard to explain cos i got no pics..

EGB18CT
14-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Took mine out the other day to replace the heater core, be careful when u pull the black plastic surround off as the vent bit on top of the heater control comes out fairly easy but the driver vent may be a PIA. Try to make sure when u slide it out it is level and not one side out then the other as the driver vent will snap clean... happened to me... nothing liquid nails or loctite can fix tho! u could take the whole dash in and out in one day from like 9am to 6-7pm, wiring is trickey as u must try to remember how it is weaved in and out through the tabs and holes in the back... dont rush, take ur time and u should be right its time consuming and dont pull too hard on anything if it doesnt come out it may be hald in by a few more screws or tab that need unclicking, also helps if you have a extra set of hands to remove the whole dash out. Good Luck, have fun!