PDA

View Full Version : Clips for door moulding

artpayne
02-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Hi All,
I need to replace the rear door moulding on my Accord 2004 after a supermarket parking bingle. The moulding itself is O.K. but the chrome strip was completely stripped off (see attached photo)and was in no state to be replaced so I have to replace the moulding complete with strip.

I have obtained the part from a local wrecker but it comes with no fixing clips. Apparently the clips, which are plastic, snap off if the part is removed so when I remove the existing damaged moulding I won't be able the salvage the clips.

Does anyone know where I can get these?
Or is there an alternative form of fixing?

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Art

artpayne
05-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Have found a supplier who can provide almost any kind of auto clip for almost any car.

Phoned them and clips were dispatched same day.

You can find them here:

http://www.carpartsclipsandfasteners.com.au/

Cheers,

Art

anthropoidape
09-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Hi All,
I need to replace the rear door moulding on my Accord 2004 after a supermarket parking bingle. The moulding itself is O.K. but the chrome strip was completely stripped off (see attached photo)and was in no state to be replaced so I have to replace the moulding complete with strip.

I have obtained the part from a local wrecker but it comes with no fixing clips. Apparently the clips, which are plastic, snap off if the part is removed so when I remove the existing damaged moulding I won't be able the salvage the clips.

Does anyone know where I can get these?
Or is there an alternative form of fixing?

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Art

Just glue it on with sikaflex - a bit of duct tape until that cures. It feels wrong but it works.

Shaddow
12-02-2017, 05:46 PM
You could just use 401 or Epoxy to glue the plastic clips back together if your patient.