PDA

View Full Version : new here

pillow
12-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey people,

I'm new to the forum and wonderin if you guys can give me some help. i own a 91 Civic Gl (very first of the EG's - build date 12/91, with pissy 1.5 carby) and am lookin at a B16A swap. I have an engine sitting in my bro's garage, but it is a 1st gen with cable clutch gearbox. I have a hydraulic clutch gearbox coming in through my wrecker. What I need help with at the moment is the wiring and ecu. What do you guys recommend I use to run the whole thing? I have all the wiring but it is i a huge mess and I know virtually nothing about wiring lol. Can any of you recommend someone to fit this engine (or another if my wrecker gets me a b16a2)? BTW, I live in Canberra. Any help would be really really appreciated.

Sorry bout the length :oops:

Cheers,
Brendon

MTX BOY
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
PM [ d a n n y] and im sure that he'll be able to answer all your questions :) as he just did a 1.3 carb dogg to a b16a bad boy swap! 8)
good luck with your swap mate~

dcii_sir
12-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi dude, welcome to the forums.. In regards to the engine swap, i believe that the first series of b16as with the cable clutch is from the EF civic. If I am not mistaken, the engine mounts are slightly different to the EG civics. BTW, which model of EG civic have u got ?? Anything above breeze will let u drop a B16A from an EG6 straight in without modifying the mounts. As for the loom, U can use the Si loom and modify it a bit. For the ECU, I think you can use the Si ecu and put a chip in... BengBear from the forums have done it so maybe u can pm him for more details..

pillow
12-01-2004, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys, I have a Gl :oops: which is annoying becasue the fuel system etc will have to be changed too. I'm hoping too find an entire half cut from an EG6, that way I know everything will unbolt and fit into mine. I'm pretty sure I can use the fuel tank from an EK VTiR Civic so that shouldn't be too much of a hassle hopefully :?

Can anybody recommend a place to fit the engine near or around Canberra?

Cheers,
Brendon

dcii_sir
12-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks guys, I have a Gl :oops: which is annoying becasue the fuel system etc will have to be changed too. I'm hoping too find an entire half cut from an EG6, that way I know everything will unbolt and fit into mine. I'm pretty sure I can use the fuel tank from an EK VTiR Civic so that shouldn't be too much of a hassle hopefully :?

Can anybody recommend a place to fit the engine near or around Canberra?

Cheers,
Brendon

Hi there, you dont need to change the fuel tank but you will definately need a fuel pump. Then again, if you use the fuel tank from the GL, it doesnt have a surge tank so if u do hard corners, you car will feel jerky.. :D

bennjamin
12-01-2004, 09:31 PM
PM [ d a n n y] and im sure that he'll be able to answer all your questions :) as he just did a 1.3 carb dogg to a b16a bad boy swap! 8)
good luck with your swap mate~

BWHAHHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahhahahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahhaa hahha.......oh dear lordy me.

Sorry. Ill b quiet now. :roll:

[[d a n n y]]
12-01-2004, 10:00 PM
hahaha funny...

well chaning from a carby car to Efi is not easy i can tell u that

it's a ****ing bitch work...

i wouldnt recomned i would suggest u get a car that is alrady EFI

cuz i with the b16a u need to run a whole EFI system fuel lines ank pump and so on...

u have to basicly rewire our whole car..

tell me what u need to know and i'll try to anser as much as i can

pillow
12-01-2004, 10:10 PM
I don't really want to sell the car to get one that is EFI as I've already done too much to this one (eg interior, bodywork). I'm thinkin that I'll just have to buy a full half cut from an EG6. If I am able to get the fuel tank and lines and so forth, will they bolt up to my car?

[[d a n n y]]
12-01-2004, 10:38 PM
ok i'll just give u sum ideas what u should do..

purchase half cut.
unbolt everything out of your engine bay...
transfer everything in the eg6 to the Gl engine bay
need to purchase new fuel lines new fule tank EFi fuel tank they should be a direct bolt on with no problems
only catch is the electronics that connects the EFI fuel pump within the tank
the Carby cars do not have a wire to the fuel tank so u must use all the wireing from the half cut...

hope that helps need more help than ask...i will try my best to help ya

by the way mine was the first of the Eg's build date 10/91 8)

Setanta
12-01-2004, 10:40 PM
One extra note to Danny's post:

If it's a Y1 tranny... sell it to me - I want a spare "just in case" :)

pillow
12-01-2004, 10:52 PM
I'll check if it is tomorrow for ya :)

dcii_sir
12-01-2004, 11:44 PM
my friend had a GL and he did a b16a conversion. He didnt change the fuel tank at all..

[[d a n n y]]
13-01-2004, 08:15 AM
my friend had a GL and he did a b16a conversion. He didnt change the fuel tank at all..

coz he ran a surge tank instead but it's better to run the original specs of the car

CAT_SPEW
13-01-2004, 05:37 PM
]]

coz he ran a surge tank instead but it's better to run the original specs of the car

I'm going to be doing this soon and not sure which to do, are their any benifits of not running the surge tank? Or any for running the "original specs" of the car?

Thanks.

[[d a n n y]]
13-01-2004, 06:09 PM
dunno any benifits but i installed a roper EFi tank though..