PDA

View Full Version : Euro - K24 Connecting rods

yfin
21-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Can someone explain what this mod does exactly?

"The Crower "All Motor" rod utilizes Crower's new Maxi-Light, shape that features a unique Radial Beam design. The Radial Beam Technology "RBT" design is a Crower exclusive and allows Crower engineers to remove excess material without compromising overall strength. The result is a connecting rod that weighs approximately 100 grams less than our standard forced induction/nitrous designs for greater throttle response and a lighter rotating/reciprocating mass. Also can be used in moderate boost/nitrous applications (15 lbs/75 shot max ). Price is for the set of 4."

http://www.rsxmotorsports.com/crma43corok2.html

and

http://www.rsxmotorsports.com/cr43stbicoro1.html

http://store1.yimg.com/I/rsxmotorsports_1841_9191247

When it comes to connecting rods...Crower is the Sport Compact industry leader. Other's have attempted to cash in on Crower's success by offering a cheaper rod made in China, but the fact remains, if you're running a forced induction, nitrous, high rpm or all of the above Honda/Acura engine...you need Crower's Premium Steel Billet connecting rods. Features include premium USA manufactured steel alloy, proven I-beam design intended for high horsepower applications, 220,000 psi Crower rod bolts that are stronger than ARP, tolerances to .0001", and system matched sets to .5 grams total weight.

baboo
21-04-2005, 09:45 PM
That's a con rod yfin,

The conrods are connected to the pistons and yada yada.....and that's how engines work.

It's just lighted con rod, same as lightweight flywheel which gives a more responsive engine.

yfin
21-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Any idea what sort of gains people could see with this mod? It is the first time I have seen different con rods for the K24 - haven't heard of anyone do this

albii
21-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Any idea what sort of gains people could see with this mod? It is the first time I have seen different con rods for the K24 - haven't heard of anyone do this
yes lighter pockets...make you walk faster.

baboo
21-04-2005, 09:56 PM
don't think you can gain any HP, it just makes the engine more responsive.

If you want to tune the car that can rev to 10K+, a forged lightened conrods is a must + forged pistons and that to make the internal stronger.

yfin
21-04-2005, 09:59 PM
don't think you can gain any HP, it just makes the engine more responsive.

If you want to tune the car that can rev to 10K+, a forged lightened conrods is a must + forged pistons and that to make the internal stronger.

I see - die hard modders need only apply.

wynode
21-04-2005, 10:08 PM
As said its more for reliability and revability. I wouldn't want to rebuild such a new engine unless I'm going all out though!

aaronng
21-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Most people speak of bolt on mods, such as I/H/E/ECU, well, this is one that is not bolt on. A must for engines that have to stay above 6000 rpm for whole races. The DC2R came with hardened, hand-lightened conrods from the factory! If I remember correctly, the DC5R has regular mass-produced conrods.

Hardcore Euro owners should open up their K24 and destroke by using a smaller crankshaft and longer conrods, changing the rod-stroke ratio to that for higher rev-ability. Capacity would be around 2.0-2.2L and rev limit can reach 9000rpm. Rod to stroke ratio would be better than K20A's and hence rev much more reliably!

yfin
21-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Most people speak of bolt on mods, such as I/H/E/ECU, well, this is one that is not bolt on. A must for engines that have to stay above 6000 rpm for whole races. The DC2R came with hardened, hand-lightened conrods from the factory! If I remember correctly, the DC5R has regular mass-produced conrods.

Hardcore Euro owners should open up their K24 and destroke by using a smaller crankshaft and longer conrods, changing the rod-stroke ratio to that for higher rev-ability. Capacity would be around 2.0-2.2L and rev limit can reach 9000rpm. Rod to stroke ratio would be better than K20A's and hence rev much more reliably!

This is the only info I can find on the stock Euro connecting rods.

"Lightweight alloy pistons and high-strength connecting rods"

see
http://hondanews.com/CatID3042?mid=2004090153507&mime=asc

wynode
21-04-2005, 11:05 PM
For an otherwise stock Euro with no raised rev limiter, the stock rods are fine IMO

aaronng
22-04-2005, 12:35 AM
yeah, but most modern high rev engines have this now. For our Euro, it NEEDS lightweight piston and high strength conrods, because the stroke is very long, yet the rev limit is high.

wynode
23-04-2005, 12:32 AM
yeah, but most modern high rev engines have this now. For our Euro, it NEEDS lightweight piston and high strength conrods, because the stroke is very long, yet the rev limit is high.
I think Honda would have taken into account the bore/stroke ratio when the set the rev limit buddy :)

EuroAccord13
23-04-2005, 12:40 AM
The lighter weight of the con rods will allow the engine to rev faster... aka better times :)

Something I will look into :) and consider :D