PDA

View Full Version : How to Stop squeaky stock suspention? (5th G Accord)

Dxs
13-01-2004, 02:39 AM
My parents own a 97 Accord (5th gen) and basically their stock suspension squeaks a bit. Used to be just over speedhumps but now it squeaks over smaller bumps as well.

We got it fixed by honda ages ago when it was getting serviced, but after time it came back (as expected) (also i belive honda just "tightend" the suspension).

So yeah, basically my father wants to know how he can fix the noise himself.
What he has told me is that greasing or oiling? the rubber of the suspension fixes the problem (the rubber bushes?). I dont know who he heard this off.. maybe the dudes @ honda?

But anyway, basically he wants to know what he has to do. Like what does he need to grease or whatever?

So yeah could someone help me out?

Also the suspention is stock with stock 15inch honda wheels.

Thanks,

-Dxs/Dan

genesis
13-01-2004, 09:38 AM
the d-bushes on the rear swaybar is what you should grease up

wynode
13-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Is the noise from the front or back? Also i'm not sure if the accord comes with a stock swaybar !?!?

How old are your shocks? If the sound is getting worse then maybe its time for new shocks.

Dxs
13-01-2004, 04:21 PM
both shocks make the noise
i really doubt the shocks need to be replaced.. they are about 6 years old i guess (late 97 accord).

it just happens over bumps like over a speed hump (squeak, squeak)..

I am sure it needs some adjusting of some kind.. just dont know what..
if honda can fix them easily, i am sure we can too..

hopefully someone knows :?

n/a
13-01-2004, 08:55 PM
hey Dxs, i have a late '00 Accord (Nov) probably one after yours and i had the same problem too.

i only recently bought mine a few months ago, but it seems to have died away, the sound that is :D

you had the car since new? it generally happens when you drive when the springs are still cold. every car will have that problem. stock or aftermarket suspension.

if it isn't when you initially drive then i really have no clue or cure :roll:

16-01-2004, 09:00 AM
meh, i got the same problem too, but my squeaking is
on the front suspension..
eg 93 *

revolution
16-01-2004, 09:15 PM
I had the same problem. I just took it to Hanny's and told em to oil up the bushings and it's all good now....for a quick temporary fix, just jack up the car and spray WD-40(It doesn't really work, but kinda fixes the prob for about 1 week or so) onto the sus area.....U need some kind of Grease spray I believe, well tht's wat the guy at Hanny's used anyways...

n/a
16-01-2004, 10:50 PM
interesting..

ginganggooly
16-01-2004, 11:25 PM
don't use wd40 to spray onto bushings. if you need to lubricate them, take them out and lube them with rubber grease, or just spray silican spray around them. second method doesn't last too long though ;)

Boost
21-01-2004, 12:05 AM
Hey guys, i noticed this post about squeeking noise and while i was surfing the web i came across this site about suspensions and stuff. They talked about squeeky sounds and apparently its from the springs coming into contact with one another and rubbing and the solution to this is to get some spring isolator which you can buy "apparently" for cheap.
See for yourself --->> http://www.20v.org/suspupgr.htm
GoodLuck with the noise dudes.

Nuttz
21-01-2004, 01:07 AM
if the accord is standard height i dont think the springs would be touching each other.

maybe get someone to bounce the car up and down a bit while u have a look around the suspension to try and pin point the noise. Then u might need grease, something replaced or just tighten up a bolt.

andrew84tran
02-07-2004, 05:48 PM
would ne body hav a clue how much it would cost to get the suspension greased up @ hanny's?

joneblaze
02-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Call up and find out. :)

9725 5115

Psyklops
02-07-2004, 05:59 PM
my last car (85 Cordia GSR) was squeaking like a friggin pig for a while...turned out to be the ball joints and lower control arm bushes.......best to maybe get your sussy checked...could be any of the possibilties mentioned here :)