PDA

View Full Version : IACV Fix? D16y4

Omasta
28-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Just did an engine swap and for some reason I am getting engine rpm surge issues.
Unplugged the IACV and it goes back to nice and calm. Plug it back in and it still acts polite - turn the car off and restart and we go back in a circle.

Ill clean it soon, maybe swap it for the IACV from the other engine. Any likely causes? Air in the coolant?
the EK D16y4 Engine doesnt have a bleed valve - I really prefer the set up on my EG - makes me consider adding one for the ease of it.

Omasta
31-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Just did an engine swap and for some reason I am getting engine rpm surge issues.
Unplugged the IACV and it goes back to nice and calm. Plug it back in and it still acts polite - turn the car off and restart and we go back in a circle.

Ill clean it soon, maybe swap it for the IACV from the other engine. Any likely causes? Air in the coolant?
the EK D16y4 Engine doesnt have a bleed valve - I really prefer the set up on my EG - makes me consider adding one for the ease of it.

OKAY so i took my IACV off both engines and compared them to each other - finding an actual diagram of the IACV hasnt been easy - during the comparison I noticed that the IACV Magnetic Tongue on #1 was slightly more closed that #2 and also cleaner. I then took off the IACV mag-elec connection and found the ability of the magnet to SLIP back and forth was impeded. the Magnet Tongue MUST be cleaned, ideally to a gloss shine. over time there is a build up of residue similar to other areas involved in coolant that may sit for a while. this build up causes issues with the opening and closing on a hotter engine.