PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust help???

etcha
22-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi guys got a mugen cat back exhaust on my dc2r (on there when i bought it).

But i can hear a tinging / rattling nosie (from the muffler)when i rev the car :( .

Now i dont know wat to do? Should i cut the muffler off and weld a straight through muffler on or can it be fixed??

pics of exhaust http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1099

[stealth]
22-04-2005, 10:52 AM
does it sound like its coming from the rear of the car.. or underneath u?

etcha
23-04-2005, 02:51 AM
rear

bennjamin
23-04-2005, 03:12 AM
have u noticed anything else relative to this noise ( as in , loss of power , other noises or vibration ) ?

Might be your cat is blown....or piping is rattlign agaisnt say the heatshiel underneath your car....get some one to slowly rev your car as you lay semi-underneath and see if u can pin point the noise.

Q_ball
23-04-2005, 03:23 AM
get some one to slowly rev your car as you lay semi-underneath and see if u can pin point the noise.

isnt that dangerous?? wat if sumthin blows up or out of the exhaust piping...touch wood it doesnt tho... :o

|N|
23-04-2005, 03:29 AM
isnt that dangerous?? wat if sumthin blows up or out of the exhaust piping...touch wood it doesnt tho... :o

thats y ben said slowly rev... and semi under the car

etcha
23-04-2005, 10:34 AM
not really any power loss because its always been there, but lately its getting worse

z3lda
23-04-2005, 12:31 PM

you dont look straight into the muffler -_-

etcha
23-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Its all good now went to best mufflers in carlton and they fixed it up.

it was my spring bolts that hold the cat back exhaust together, the bolts wernt lined up propably and were touching the exhaust and from the vibaration i could hear the nosie.

any exhaust problems go check out best mufflers they know what their on about http://www.bestmufflers.com