PDA

View Full Version : [97 V6 Accord] Problem! need help asap!

Baopham
22-04-2005, 09:35 PM
hey fellas... got a late 97 Accord V6 3.0L vtec... and it wont start!! its not the battery since i changed it.. when i try to start it, it makes no noise... so i havnt got as far as thinking about the dizzy... now..

would it be the start motor? and anyone kno how much it costs or where i can source one?

cheers

PNR888
22-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Is that your steering wheel is in Locked position?
If your key is unable to turn at all, then it is above problem.
solution: trun key half way, turn ur steering wheel to free it from locked position, then turn the key further, then u will be ok.

will_pop
22-04-2005, 10:19 PM
dude... make sure ur in Parking position..

and then if still no sound .. it's the starter.. i got mine replaced

Baopham
22-04-2005, 10:24 PM
mate im positive its not steering lock, as the key does turn all the way to ignition... yea i made sure it was in parking.. i thought it was the starter... but just seeing other opinions

ECU-MAN
22-04-2005, 11:18 PM
try starting it in N, and also try moving gear shifter while the key is in the crank position.

also does the green key light come on the dash while you try to crank the engine

toE
23-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Do your dash lights/warning lights come on when you turn the key to IGN ON?

Baopham
23-04-2005, 02:09 AM
try starting it in N, and also try moving gear shifter while the key is in the crank position.

also does the green key light come on the dash while you try to crank the engine

oh 0ok... so what will these determine??

and .. all the lights on the dash come on... as normal.. nothing odd.. warning lites go on then off as they always do

|N|
23-04-2005, 03:32 AM
um... could also be a after market alarm with faulty immob.

i had that once happened to my car...

albii
23-04-2005, 07:37 AM
dude could be your key is faulty if it's not an original....e.g.(mister minute cut)

barefootbonzai
23-04-2005, 10:53 AM
no after market alarm, using original key..

:S im just gona go ahead and change the starter... and well see what happens from there i guess

Peekay34
23-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Ummm ever heard of an Auto electrition? :p

ECU-MAN
23-04-2005, 11:18 AM
it determins if the park neutral switch is out of alighnment. also it could be a faulty start neutral switch, or faulty ignition switch, wiring or imoobiliser. when it sin the crank position is the green immobiliser key light not on ???. you can do a simple test with a cheep ass test light to see if your starter motor is dead.

euro77
23-04-2005, 04:06 PM
do you use normal battery or deep cycle ones? Cause with deep cycle ones, sometimes there could be something wrong with the cell and it'll make your car can't start. That has happened to me.

Ronin
25-04-2005, 10:56 AM
You can tell if it is your starter motor.

If you've been trying to start it a couple of times. Feel the Starter motor carefully with your hand. If it is unusually hot - that would be your problem.

Next test is if you here a click or a switch noise. If you here this then it means your solenoid is working and that its probably your starter motor again. If you don't hear the solenoid click ... well time to bring it in