PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust woes

Javed
13-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Howdy guys. After getting a new catalytic converter and still having that ringing noise, it was brought down to my resonator, and replaced with another, which was different, in that the old resonator was very restrictive and completely different internally. Now with this new resonator in my car the sound is way too barky and sounds like a frigging mosquitoe or old datsuns that had their exhaust done :P The guy at the exhaust place said the only solution would be to get rid of my cannon at the rear and put a muffler on to muffle the barkiness. Thing is I do not want to get rid of the cannon as it came with the car and the sound before the new resonator went in was nice apart from the grinding noise. Any help from you guys would be appreciated, with any links to sites with resonator descriptions and pricing or whatnot so I can see if I can get a replacement resonator that resembles the old one. Sorry for the long post,

Cheers,
Javed

integra97
13-01-2004, 07:28 PM
try a mid muffler in the exhaust. I have done that to quieten my car (also have two hotdog resonators, a bit of over kill) and i have an APEX N1 on it. my car is around 82db.

Hotdog Resonators dont do much to make the car stop sounding like a mosquitoe.