PDA

View Full Version : Are you the most dedicated Euro owner out there?

yfin
23-04-2005, 11:13 PM
It is not me. It is this guy (who happens to be an Ozhonda member). Before driving 7 hours on an interstate trip he taped up the car to avoid rock chips. It took 1 hour to put the tape on.

I present to you the winner - the most dedicated Euro/TSX owner out there. Without a doubt. I have never seen someone so protective of their car :D

Honda would be proud to have you as a customer! :honda: :thumbsup: I would also love to buy a used car from you!

It is not something I would do - but it is dedication and that has to be congratulated! :thumbsup:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22034

http://img144.echo.cx/img144/8341/dscn22745xr.jpg

http://img144.echo.cx/img144/682/dscn22730np.jpg

euro77
23-04-2005, 11:17 PM
geez!!! why not tape it all over then, including windscreen!!! :D
not to mention green??? what the??

yfin
23-04-2005, 11:20 PM
geez!!! why not tape it all over then, including windscreen!!! :D
not to mention green??? what the??

At first I thought this was a joke. But as Ali G would say - it is 4 real.

wynode
23-04-2005, 11:23 PM
AT least choose black aye!

euro77
23-04-2005, 11:26 PM
or transparent.
get the bonnet and headlamp protector... looks way better!

I think I know whose car that is.

toE
24-04-2005, 12:33 AM
The hell was he thinkn?
And the wheels too? :eek:

Dedication I guess. :)

bigdongers
24-04-2005, 12:35 AM
its the Euro R conversion guy!

Peekay34
24-04-2005, 12:45 AM
What the flip (modified word)... :p. If I was that dedicated I would get rockblocker http://www.rockblocker.com/ pity no can fit it here.... I mean there is protective ......green almost as bad as a bright pink and black corolla driving around melbourne....

baboo
24-04-2005, 12:50 AM
isn't there a car bra available for Acura TSX?

Matell
24-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Actually as fugly as it might look, using the green tape is a good thing. It's used to mask areas's when painting aircraft. I'm not sure about the automotive world, they'd either use that or the blue tape. Both release without any adhesive residue or marks, and don't damage the underlying paint, while also being thin enough not to form a hard edge that dirt would adhere too. That green tape is damn good stuff!:D

When I first got my Euro I had every intention of bubble wraping all the forward facing surfaces (except windshield), and driving to Sydney where there's a company that custom fits clear bra's. I'm really regretting how lazy I was, and how long I put it off now :(

Peekay34
24-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Where is the place that fits clear bras?

albii
24-04-2005, 10:49 AM
the man needs tablets for his condition......
i thought i was pedantic ,detailing my euro once a week and waxing once a month but i dont mummify my car when i have to take it out . should enjoy his car not act as a slave to it but each to there own i guess

aaronng
24-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Hohoho.. Kudos though, because he was getting his car from his place to the car show. Man.... you see his battery? I want one of those.... damn thing costs $300+ here!

Matell
24-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Where is the place that fits clear bras?

They use the Stoneguard Film bra, $440 for the full face with mirrors

Polaris Car Care, ph (02) 96381222 www.polariscarcare.com (http://www.polariscarcare.com)

and wouldn't you bloody know it......grrrrr they've now got a mobile agent in Brisbane....

www.invisi-guard.com.au (http://www.invisi-guard.com.au) 0423004661

If I were getting a new Euro I'd get one fitted immediately, but now after 30,000kms there's just too many little scratches and chips :(

qmjona
24-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Hmm green tape?
I know how he feels though. My car is 6 months old and has heaps of chips to the paintwork on the front end. I really wish I had got this type of protection, If ever get a new car again I will definitely get it. But can't really see the point now that I already have a lot of marks.
This guy is in Melbourne, http://www.invisiblecarbras.com.au/ I think he quoted me about $350 installed with a warranty, which seems pretty good.
If anyone is getting a new car I and does a lot of hwy driving like me I would REALLY recommend it.

tRipitaka
24-04-2005, 06:10 PM
reminds me of the bp ultimate colour scheme

kenshin
24-04-2005, 06:19 PM
200 dorah buys u a car-bra

tRipitaka
24-04-2005, 06:22 PM
50 dorra buy you lots of tape =p

although i'd be fkn shattered if his car got keyed or something :thumbdwn:

EuroAccord13
24-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Who is that member?? I SALUTE HIM!

euro77
24-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Who is that member?? I SALUTE HIM!

it's the guy who is converting his car to euroR

EuroAccord13
24-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Who the heck is he?

stephen8512
24-04-2005, 10:47 PM
the guy with the TSX that got the volks

zco
24-04-2005, 11:01 PM
its that guy.. that has thevolks gtc rims or someshit liek that.. i cant remmeber exact model of rims.. but everyone seemed to be disliking his rims but me. haha. from what i remember.. they were too small for ppl's liking ? (including me too)

PNR888
24-04-2005, 11:33 PM
When I still have 1998 Model Camry as my daily driver, I used to put Glad Wrap with a bit of masking tape to cover my front bumper every sunday night when travelling from Brisbane to Toowoomba (120km west of BNE). It only takes 5 minutes to put on, and 1 minutes to peel off upon arrival.

This trick provide absolutely no protection against stone chip, but save me lots of time, effort and water to clean those killed insects and bugs off the bumper later on.

No one actually notice how ugly my car was with DIY disposable car bra when I was travelling at 100kmh in the NIGHT.

stoff
26-04-2005, 06:41 PM
is it possible for a car to have no stone chips in bonnet/bumper/front lip..? no matter how careful you are :)

i have a 5th gen prelude...and stone chips are pissing me off... :o

albii
26-04-2005, 07:55 PM
is it possible for a car to have no stone chips in bonnet/bumper/front lip..? no matter how careful you are :)

i have a 5th gen prelude...and stone chips are pissing me off... :o
i know iam gonna hex myself here but.....i dont have one stonechip YET and the car is 6 months old.............the trick is not to tailgate other cars..

stoff
26-04-2005, 08:20 PM
hehe damn..good work :)

yeah i dont tail gate..what happens to me is i get stuck in one lane behind a slower car, and a truck goes past me in the other lane...and flicks up rocks...i almost cried heheh

albii
26-04-2005, 08:35 PM

yeah i dont tail gate..what happens to me is i get stuck in one lane behind a slower car, and a truck goes past me in the other lane...and flicks up rocks...i almost cried heheh
ah you should drop it back a gear and vtec him

VirIIx
27-04-2005, 06:08 AM
in one way you can think.. nice decals :p

stoff
27-04-2005, 10:39 PM
any places in Perth that do invisible car bras?

Pum[Z]
28-04-2005, 01:10 AM
Dude that guy deserves a medal uheheheh...

That requires a lot of patience and dedication for ones car...

Could have guessed the car was in the states with the background cars being American cars u don't see in oz...

Green tape.. Maybe at night time it reflects better or maybe it glows in the dark :p

cccoltsicehockey
28-04-2005, 01:16 AM
That is my car. Yes I taped it. Yes I am very protective of my car. I only taped it because it was a seven hour trip through a lot of mountains where it still snows some and there are cinders all over the road. I was going to a Hot Import Nights Car show. If you know anything about them they are very hard to win anything, because all the cars are so well done. My car placed second in JDM OEM. If you don't like the tape thats cool. I use it to protect my car on long trips. I am giong to tape the whole thing probably on my next trip to a show which is 11 hours.

baboo
28-04-2005, 09:54 AM
cccoltsicehockey loves his TSX more than his gf/wife...LOL

Congrats on your result!!! keep it up!

EuroAccord13
28-04-2005, 11:35 AM
As said, I SALUTE YOU for your Dedication!

PNR888
28-04-2005, 09:01 PM

Same thing happened to me here. I got a big stone chip mid way up driver's side A-pillar. :(

LOC888
28-04-2005, 09:07 PM
That is my car. Yes I taped it. Yes I am very protective of my car. I only taped it because it was a seven hour trip through a lot of mountains where it still snows some and there are cinders all over the road. I was going to a Hot Import Nights Car show. If you know anything about them they are very hard to win anything, because all the cars are so well done. My car placed second in JDM OEM. If you don't like the tape thats cool. I use it to protect my car on long trips. I am giong to tape the whole thing probably on my next trip to a show which is 11 hours.

Far out, 11 hours drive for a show... thats dedication, gotta give it to ya....
congrats.... keep us posted on what happens next on ur car...u hinking of dropping in a K20A to complete the euroR conversion?
PS awesome sound system and interior.

aaronng
28-04-2005, 09:41 PM
2nd place! Congrats! Saw in your original post that you were going for the auto show. Totally understand wh.y you had to tape the car

cccoltsicehockey
29-04-2005, 04:50 AM
Far out, 11 hours drive for a show... thats dedication, gotta give it to ya....
congrats.... keep us posted on what happens next on ur car...u hinking of dropping in a K20A to complete the euroR conversion?
PS awesome sound system and interior.

Once I am out of college, unless I can some how get the money before, I am going to buy I front end of a recked euror and swap it to mine so I have right hand drive and everything. I also am giong to swap the dash and all of the enterior.

And before anyone has a chance to say it I don't want to buy the car from Japan and Import it, cause that would take the fun out of the conversion.

cccoltsicehockey
29-04-2005, 04:51 AM
cccoltsicehockey loves his TSX more than his gf/wife...LOL

Congrats on your result!!! keep it up!

not married yet I am only 19. As for the girlfriend its awesome she is ok with the car modding and enjoys going with to the shows.

cccoltsicehockey
29-04-2005, 04:52 AM
']Dude that guy deserves a medal uheheheh...

That requires a lot of patience and dedication for ones car...

Could have guessed the car was in the states with the background cars being American cars u don't see in oz...

Green tape.. Maybe at night time it reflects better or maybe it glows in the dark :p

green is the only color they had instock. doesnt come in black at all but it does come in blue. it is an automotive painting tape.

Blitzen
20-12-2007, 10:13 AM
bahahahaa

green?! and have u guys read the replies? saying it's cool, will paint green...

Pumped
20-12-2007, 11:20 AM
ROFL @ captain "drag up old threads"

Bryce
20-12-2007, 11:27 AM
aaronng 07

Rein
20-12-2007, 12:51 PM
is this actually someone from Aus?? or US??

Pumped
20-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Look through the window

i would most likely say its a left hand drive Aus driven car as it has a honda badge & american cars parked around it

EUR003act
20-12-2007, 07:39 PM
bahahahaa

green?! and have u guys read the replies? saying it's cool, will paint green...

its green because painters masking tape comes in different adhesion types... theres also blue and red... the different colours denote the surfaces they should be used on... it makes it easy to peel off afterwards and doesnt leave any residue... from memory, green denotes painted/laminated metal/plastic surfaces...

rambohung
22-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Since someone dig this post up. Dose anyone know who does those clear stick on protective films for cars? I remember I saw on the net some where.

tony1234
26-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Since someone dig this post up. Dose anyone know who does those clear stick on protective films for cars? I remember I saw on the net some where.
I've got it on my car.It's good.Polaris at Rydalmere did mine.Not sure on their details,just google it.

rambohung
06-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Thx! Today I went to Supercheap & find that film product!
http://www.altrex.com.au/shop.php?cat=156
Haven't got a chance to put it on yet, will see how it goes when I got time to put it on. (hope I don't make it like spider webs & bubbles all over lol)

tron07
07-01-2008, 08:56 AM
I was tempted to buy the headlights protective flim... its like 3mm thick tough.

rambohung
15-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I've finally got chance to put that film on. It looks OK. A pro will do a much better job. tips is lots of soapy water spray onto the surface before sticking it on. Very little bubbles when doing that.
Oh also, wash your hands before applying, it really shows up your finger prints..... bugger.... >_<