PDA

View Full Version : Dead Accord - HELP~!

NeRV
24-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey guys ive been trying for the past 2 hours, trying to figure out whats wrong with my Accord.. it was working fine yesterday.. but when i went to start her up.. the engine started for like 2 seconds then she just turned off... the battery has no power wat so ever left in it.. and im dead sure that all doors were shut properly and lights were turned off.. when i went to recharge the battery.. no sparks appeard and the battery wont recharge .. when i tried turning on the lights it made a weird noise and it was dim.. and whenever i pressed the remote to unlock and lock the doors it made a ticking noise.. now my doors wont unlock anymore.. is this

Battery problem?
Immobiliser problem?
Alternator problem?
or Fuse problem?

well im not an expert at cars, these are wat my friend told me could be wrong with my car.. oh i cant get car leads to recharge the car from another car, since my car is stuck in a single garage. and i cant stick her into neutral (auto) to roll her out of the garage. i need help.. i got uni tomorow.. any info would be much appreciated

tRipitaka
24-04-2005, 03:06 PM
how come you can't put it into neutral ?

learner
24-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey guys ive been trying for the past 2 hours, trying to figure out whats wrong with my Accord.. it was working fine yesterday.. but when i went to start her up.. the engine started for like 2 seconds then she just turned off... the battery has no power wat so ever left in it.. and im dead sure that all doors were shut properly and lights were turned off.. when i went to recharge the battery.. no sparks appeard and the battery wont recharge .. when i tried turning on the lights it made a weird noise and it was dim.. and whenever i pressed the remote to unlock and lock the doors it made a ticking noise.. now my doors wont unlock anymore.. is this

Battery problem?
Immobiliser problem?
Alternator problem?
or Fuse problem?

well im not an expert at cars, these are wat my friend told me could be wrong with my car.. oh i cant get car leads to recharge the car from another car, since my car is stuck in a single garage. and i cant stick her into neutral (auto) to roll her out of the garage. i need help.. i got uni tomorow.. any info would be much appreciated

your battery is dead... i think... try to start with your friend's battery. if is ok... then go get a new battery...

btw... uni tmr???? is public holiday on monday

euro77
24-04-2005, 03:51 PM
most likely battery is dead. borrow a battery to see if it's the problem. or call RACQ, easy :)

PNR888
24-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Call RACQ, They have very long leads can reach to your battery. It would be good if you can tell them your car model type and year manufactured on the phone. so they can send the service vehicle with the right size battery for your car.
You probably can save a bit of $ if you know how to change battery your self. You can buy a battery from K-mart or supercheap, some patrol stations even stock batteries. However if you dont want the hassels. (long weekend) Just let RACQ do it for you. for around $120, you will get a decent RACQ battery with 2 yr warranty.

ECU-MAN
25-04-2005, 01:55 AM
sounds likek your battery is dead. like they say above replace it

NeRV
25-04-2005, 11:11 AM
yea thanks guys, it was a dead battery.. but im still confused to how it died out.. im sure nothing was left on or open :S

thanks for your advices..

h22a accord
26-04-2005, 11:25 AM
its not unusal for batteries to just stop holding charge. Mine was good and died within a matter of days- wouldnt start the car etc.