PDA

View Full Version : brembo brake conversion

cheebye
13-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Hi

wondering if the brembo calipers on the JDM spec ITR would be a no-fuss fit on our DC5's? cause I have a contact there who can source it but wanted to know if it will fit or not. :?:

also.. assuming they would fit, would the stock 16" rims need to be replaced for something with a wider offset ? and I don't suppose if anyone knows if the rotors would need to be upgraded as well, hehe

thx in advance

- M

eknine
13-01-2004, 09:29 PM
i will tell you to save the hassle ...you want to know more....

i'll attempt to tell you in the short and sweet way ...you have to get the whole conversion ....hub, control arms, rotors etc:)

if you are prepared for that(i.e cash) i will tell you more...go pm "z10" he has a set for sale.....

bottomline is there is no point going thru all the details and at the end of the day either you are not prepared to go thru or you don't have the money to get it:) sorry i'm blunt:)...but there is not many parts available here to see thru this either:) and if you are determine, the answer is provided, coz i just hook you up:)

ps: hummmm your username...pussy!....where are you from,....country that way founded in 1817? or its neighbouring countries?

cheebye
13-01-2004, 09:40 PM
haha, I'm from SG.. can't remember when it was founded :P

anyway, ok that answers my questions. guess I just will upgrade the rotors, pads and brake lines.

thx dude.

eknine
13-01-2004, 09:46 PM
contact z10:) he is your best bet now:) and at a very good buy:)

i'm from SG too and you can trust z10:)

edit: my friend how an you forget 1817 and don't tell me you forgot Sit Stamford Raffles:)..what do you remember? i speculating but not NS yet for you and you were here for a long time? <laffz>

cheebye
13-01-2004, 09:59 PM
haha! I remember mr.raffles..

oh well, it's getting late so my brain has switched off for today :P

anyway, managed to escape NS - paid the damn bond and been here for about 8yrs..

u in melb ? we should organize a get together some time.

eknine
13-01-2004, 10:01 PM
nah i'm in sydney...drop me your contact , i drop you mine...thru pm pls

btw you just got urself a dc5 ITR?

cheebye
13-01-2004, 10:04 PM
naa beh.. what u doing in syd man? :P

come down to melb.

yeh, just ordered a blue DC5 ITR on sat so looking forward to picking it up sometime next week. 8)

eknine
13-01-2004, 10:09 PM
honestly...don't bother with doing the conversion...it not worth the effort:)..unless you want to go for JDM bling bling:)

go get some TE-37 and slap on some spoon or endless brakes calipers:)

your folks here with you or you are here just studying..hum i don't think so coz looking at you paying the bond...gees....

bro, sorry to mention but your profanities is strong mate....

cheebye
13-01-2004, 10:18 PM
paiseh then.. :roll:

yeh, I'll just look at upgrading the pads, rotors and brake lines then. should be a big improvement.

nah working here @ subaru docklands, what about u?

eknine
13-01-2004, 10:26 PM
no wonder you drive a wrx...i'm studying here after life in the police force

anyway this personal talk we better talk it off somewhere ...coz too much info for everyone:)

joneblaze
14-01-2004, 12:29 AM
haha! I remember mr.raffles..

oh well, it's getting late so my brain has switched off for today :P

anyway, managed to escape NS - paid the damn bond and been here for about 8yrs..

u in melb ? we should organize a get together some time.

hehe...more s'poreans...... how come i never meet so many in real life yet you're all online? lol..:) I consider myself one despite 12 yrs of Aussie life.
goddamn NS, i wanna go home and eat.... *sigh*

kiddoDC2
14-01-2004, 01:52 AM
greeting fellow singaporeans
another one stationed here in melb , man maybe we should start a cheesy club or soemting lol

jenova
14-01-2004, 08:12 AM
wah lau, u guys never learn history in school or what? the founder is sang nila utama, or way back in 15th century..... I think

vti-2
14-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Please keep this on topic. thanks.

Boost
14-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Jon: you feel left out do ya?? ahahaha, havnt you meet the guys from this forum?
Judging from your post, im asuming there are heap of SG's in here.