PDA

View Full Version : [93 Accord] Muffler too loud

bender
24-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey guys,
I have a '93 Accord, and have recently replaced the stock muffler with a semi-straight through super-cat muffler because the old one was shot. I wanted to get something that would make the car sound a bit louder but not too loud. When I got it on the guy in the exhaust shop told me it wouldn't be that loud, but it is a fair bit louder then I expected and a bit droney. So I am going to go back in and possibly going to fit a resinator somewhere before the muffler. I was just wondering if anyone knows how much of a difference this will make? Also, when carbon builds up inside the muffler how will it change the exhaust sound? If anyone has any other ideas how I can make it a bit quieter (without replacing the muffler) you help would be appreciated.

Vtec_inside
25-04-2005, 02:46 AM
man the resonator should reduce the loudness by about 20-25% . should also make it sound more mellow and deep the exhaust note. As for drony ususally cased by to big pipes for the car. ie on a accord u want ideally 2 inch or 2.1/4 inch. any bigger ur car will be drony in the cabin. if one resonator is not enuff get 2 of them . they also don't reduce ur car exhuast performance. Another option for u would be get a silancer to fit into the exhaust tip of ur muffler. that will make the car significantly quiter. hope that help if u got any other qury pm me or post here.

bender
25-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback man, I am going back in the the exhaust place tomorrow morning to sort it out, I'll let ya know how I go.

bender
29-04-2005, 09:11 PM
The guys at the exhaust shop helped me out and we changed the semi-straight through muffler for a triple-flow muffler. Still sounds nice just not as loud and droney :)

vtecinaccord
30-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Dude i would recomend buying a magnaflow street series muffler i have one on my accord with 2 1/4 inch pipe and a small resonator. its great. cant hear it when crusing makes a good noise when your on it.