PDA

View Full Version : Smokey EG?

BLKek
25-04-2005, 09:07 AM
My GF's mother just called and says something's up with her car, I'm just about to go over and take a look but would like to ask if anyone else has encountered minor smoke from the exhaust, I asked if is could be condensation but she's 99% sure its not.

Anyways, its litterally driven like a pansy and has around 140-150,000kms on it, I don't think its had regular servicing after 110,000 so I first thought old oil (or perhaps very little oil in it but obviously will check the colour and level etc), what else to look at, plugs? Leads? Exhaust? I suppose I should get a compression test aswell yeah?

Weq
25-04-2005, 10:49 AM
what colour smoke. when does it appear, from where?

civiceg9
25-04-2005, 10:56 AM
do an oil change first clean your sparks, see how the car smokes out then
white and black smoke is fine but if you get blue that would be bad news.

bennjamin
25-04-2005, 12:01 PM
what colour smoke. when does it appear, from where?

x 34.

Does it smoke on fresh startup ( say , overnight parked - first thign when u trun the car on is alittle bit of white smoke ) OR during normal driving ? OR onyl at wide-open-throttle ( heavy acceleration ?
What colour is the smoke ? blue/grey or white etc ?

BLKek
25-04-2005, 04:14 PM
OKy Dokey, no smoke when I got there so def was condensation, took it for a run to get the cobwebs out and its drives quite well, but, its got a hiss that sounds like a small air leak under load (not on idle) had a look at all the hoses and couldn't find a crack or missing clamp etc. Pop the hood and the engine sounds a touch rattlely so I said "book her in davo" as she couldn't remember when she last had a service, haha....