PDA

View Full Version : Air intake for S2k

SSs
26-04-2005, 12:28 PM
I am looking for a air box for S2k,which can make more power and not too expensive??

toE
26-04-2005, 02:47 PM
The ARC Induction box.

AutoSalon Magazine did an article ages ago..and they found that the ARC was the best bang for buck, considering they took Mugen, Spoon, etc. (Most of the big names) under consideration.

9krpm
26-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I've found the best one was the www.aempower.com. This could be bias as I own it but I did a lot of research before purchasing one. It's mile better than the mugen or spoon snorkel. Version 2 is even better than the AEM V1.

I've not used it since I supercharged my s2k back around 2+ years ago. I still miss that induction noise until today. Awesome induction noise and great power gain.

SSs
26-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Do u know how much is the Version 2 cost for s2k and where can i get it for cheaper.i am living in sydney anyway!!

9krpm
26-04-2005, 06:25 PM
I get all of my AEM stuffs from these people
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/viewhome~~~~~~.html

they are not the cheapest but very reliable.
Otherwise you can try ebay.

CONAN
27-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Go for Injen CAI, i've heard very good stories about these air systems.

Good gains as well, www.injen.com

Goodluck, let us know what you do decide to buy. and picssss please!

9krpm
27-04-2005, 01:43 PM
injen is more difficult to install because it's in one piece. The oversea freight will prob costs more too due to this.
It has better gain than V1 AEM but not sure how it compares to V2 AEM CAI

CIVIC-R
27-04-2005, 08:14 PM
how much are the Aem V2 roughly??? do they sell them anywhere in Australia?

9krpm
28-04-2005, 09:03 AM
try the aem distributor in QLD
but be prepare to pay custom, freight and extra mark up fees for a simple CAI

speedracr
28-04-2005, 09:40 AM
If you afford the Mugen, get it. But apparently the Injen is also a good addition to your s2k

bt-revolution
10-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Let us know if anyone after the ARC induction box :)

elim
10-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Do u know how much is the Version 2 cost for s2k and where can i get it for cheaper.i am living in sydney anyway!!

hey dude, you can give http://www.onlineperformance.com.au a go for AEM products in Sydney... FYI I've contacted them for pricing on the SRI and CAI V1, which is better and same respectively compared to the ebay prices from the states.

TODA AU
11-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Most effective styles of intakes are pipe style CAI's such as Injen & AEM.
(Best bang for bucks)

The ARC airbox, for what it is & how it performs is highly over-rated, it simply sounds faster.
The gains over a modified factory airbox are simply not there.

hondaboy
11-05-2005, 01:59 PM
in what way do you and can you modify the stock box?

when i got my s2k i pulled the top of the stock airbox off because i wanted to hear as much of the induction as possible (yes, i am a ricer)
the other day i put a new filter in, and replaced the cover of the stock box for the first time and the response now is amazing, revs so freely.
especially in 6th on the freeway, it is so much more responsive when u slightly open the throttle, it reacts straight away.
the only downside is that the car is completely silent now, no aggressive induction sound at all :(

anyway so how do u modify the stock airbox to ensure there is more airflow, and also maximise the fulli siiikk induction sound?

CIVIC-R
14-05-2005, 12:35 AM
(Best bang for bucks)

The ARC airbox, for what it is & how it performs is highly over-rated, it simply sounds faster.

i rang up online performance yesterday... its $553 for the AEM V2 intake kit. In terms of gains, how will this perform with no other mods???

Anything else worth looking at for roughly the same price?

TODA AU
14-05-2005, 07:02 AM
in what way do you and can you modify the stock box?

when i got my s2k i pulled the top of the stock airbox off because i wanted to hear as much of the induction as possible (yes, i am a ricer)
the other day i put a new filter in, and replaced the cover of the stock box for the first time and the response now is amazing, revs so freely.
especially in 6th on the freeway, it is so much more responsive when u slightly open the throttle, it reacts straight away.
the only downside is that the car is completely silent now, no aggressive induction sound at all :(

anyway so how do u modify the stock airbox to ensure there is more airflow, and also maximise the fulli siiikk induction sound?

To get the response of the std airbox & the awsome induction noise of the S2000, you'll have to do a few bits inside the airbox.
To the passenger side. looking into the airbox with the lid off, you can see the resonant chamber. This needs to be filled with expanding foam & trimmed back to help get the sound you're after. (This doesn't affect performance either way, only the sound)
Be sure to trim the excess off...
In the cantre of the airbox, to the driver's side of the factory pod filter is a seperator panel. This needs to be cut away. Use a dremil or rotary bur cutter for quick clean removal. Be careful not to damage the outside of the airbox, or put a hole in it.
The lid has a thin plastic 90deg bend attached to it.
Simply remove this.
Attach the std snorkel & you're done.
This is best done with the box completly removed from the car.
The intake should be thoroughly clean before any parts are replaced on the car. This is also a good time to fit an aftermarket filter is you so wish, though the gains over the factory filter are minimal at best.
Gain 2~3hp top end. No losses anywhere. + you get a lot more of the exellent S2000 induction noise at full throttle.

TODA AU
14-05-2005, 07:09 AM
i rang up online performance yesterday... its $553 for the AEM V2 intake kit. In terms of gains, how will this perform with no other mods???

Anything else worth looking at for roughly the same price?

You should expect 3~4hp at the wheels using this intake.
Expectations any higher with no other mods are unrealistic.

.::F[L]Y::.
15-05-2005, 07:15 AM
im also looking at getting an intake. I looked at a spoon one, but all it is jus an inlet into the stock box with a spoon filter. I dont expect any gains, i just want something that will give the car a nice agressive sound. The guy is asking for $500 used for the spoon intake with POD i think....is this too much?

9krpm
16-05-2005, 10:45 AM
You should expect 3~4hp at the wheels using this intake.
Expectations any higher with no other mods are unrealistic.

:iagree:
when I had the vafc and aem cai V1, I gained around 15-20rwkw.
I still love the intake noise though....can't talk enough about it ;)

hondaboy
18-05-2005, 02:20 PM
To get the response of the std airbox & the awsome induction noise of the S2000, you'll have to do a few bits inside the airbox.
To the passenger side. looking into the airbox with the lid off, you can see the resonant chamber. This needs to be filled with expanding foam & trimmed back to help get the sound you're after. (This doesn't affect performance either way, only the sound)
Be sure to trim the excess off...
In the cantre of the airbox, to the driver's side of the factory pod filter is a seperator panel. This needs to be cut away. Use a dremil or rotary bur cutter for quick clean removal. Be careful not to damage the outside of the airbox, or put a hole in it.
The lid has a thin plastic 90deg bend attached to it.
Simply remove this.
Attach the std snorkel & you're done.
This is best done with the box completly removed from the car.
The intake should be thoroughly clean before any parts are replaced on the car. This is also a good time to fit an aftermarket filter is you so wish, though the gains over the factory filter are minimal at best.
Gain 2~3hp top end. No losses anywhere. + you get a lot more of the exellent S2000 induction noise at full throttle.

thanks for the info, i was recommended something along those lines by a performance shop here in perth, but they didnt go into detail like your instructions.

ill be giving it a go soon!

hondaboy
24-05-2005, 02:18 PM
guys im feeling kinda fukt about the results ^

i took to the box on sunday, cut out the dividing panel, removed the L shape panel and blocked the resonator chamber...

the response now is unbelievable, barely touch the throttle and the car reacts straight away, in any gear. i notice this more at low rpm than high though.
its like there is no restriction and its able to breathe as easily as possible
high rpm is good, seems to rev so freely now all the way to 9000, and the vtec 'bite' seems a lot more apparent when it engages.

only downside, is that my intake is silent, i cant hear a fukn thing :(
cant even hear when vtec is on or not as there is very little audible distinction between the two cam profiles

im semi satisfied with the results, but would like to know if there is anything else i can do to get a loud/aggressive induction sound?

TODA AU
26-05-2005, 06:00 AM
only downside, is that my intake is silent...
im semi satisfied with the results, but would like to know if there is anything else i can do to get a loud/aggressive induction sound?

Happy to hear you like the performance improvement.
Re sounding silent... Is that really a down side?
The noise is not really less, it's a different pitch & tends to project forward of the car rather than into the cabin.
Check this by having one of your mates drive the car, & accelerate toward you.
(I expect you'll not be directly in his path when this is done... LOL)
I guarantee you'll hear the induction.
If not, gawd...
You must have worse hearing than me & I'm as deaf as a post.

If you want that lous, rolling, grundgy metalic induction note that snarls as the engine peak rev's,
much like a 2L touring car,
Best off with a pipe style CAI (Eg: Injen etc)

sharik
26-05-2005, 11:39 PM
What are peoples thoughts on the Comtech intake?

hondaboy
28-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Happy to hear you like the performance improvement.
Re sounding silent... Is that really a down side?
The noise is not really less, it's a different pitch & tends to project forward of the car rather than into the cabin.
Check this by having one of your mates drive the car, & accelerate toward you.
(I expect you'll not be directly in his path when this is done... LOL)
I guarantee you'll hear the induction.
If not, gawd...
You must have worse hearing than me & I'm as deaf as a post.

If you want that lous, rolling, grundgy metalic induction note that snarls as the engine peak rev's,
much like a 2L touring car,
Best off with a pipe style CAI (Eg: Injen etc)

man its completely silent.
when i first got the car, i couldnt hear anything... then i took off the airbox cover and it was loud as hell.
now ive put the cover back on, but sealed the resonator chamber and cut away middle panel etc as per instructions and its still silent like how it was when i first got it

28-05-2005, 06:08 PM
would anyone know where i would be able to get my hands on a replica J's racing CF intake for the s2000??

Jerfield
31-05-2005, 12:04 PM
what do you guys think of the Gruppe M intake?
is it worth getting?
how effective is the position of the bellmouth?

http://users.skynet.be/fa626012/intake.jpg

SSs
31-05-2005, 02:38 PM
how much is it???

hondaboy
31-05-2005, 03:15 PM
it would still suffer from heatsoak
you really need the opening of the intake system to be infront of the engine bay

vinhy
31-05-2005, 06:16 PM
i dunt understand y its got two chambers. imo its goin to absorb hot air flowing around in the engine bay

01-06-2005, 10:32 PM
has anyone got any experiences with the comptech icebox intake kit?? i have checked on s2ki.com but not many ppl seem to have it...is there a reason why?

http://www.comptechusa.com/comptech/media/320-030.jpg

http://dut619.com/s2000/engine.JPG

SSs
05-06-2005, 01:40 PM
what about the ARC airintake,its that good!!!

DC5R8
14-10-2005, 10:09 PM
go for injen

henz
21-10-2005, 09:30 AM
No one knows any prices? or price estimations ? lol

eknine
22-10-2005, 04:19 PM
SSs contact "Revolution" - He has a used spoonsports intake for sale.

b16a_integra
26-10-2005, 08:25 PM
if you want a carbon intake gimme a pm i can get you a bmc CDA that would probaly give you the best gain chack out the website lots of good info. http://www.bmcairfilters.com/VisDetail.asp?ID=211
if that dont work try this and click on cda.
http://www.bmcairfilters.com/VisModel.asp

cheers.

Banana
27-10-2005, 11:23 PM
The ARC Induction box.

AutoSalon Magazine did an article ages ago..and they found that the ARC was the best bang for buck, considering they took Mugen, Spoon, etc. (Most of the big names) under consideration.

i think what the autosalon mags pplz know nothing about N/A cars. i suggest not to read this for information instead go ask pplz who gone through the experience, those guys just mainly wanna sell the product by promoting it. ARC is cheap, but power gain sucks yO!!!

27-10-2005, 11:37 PM
i think what the autosalon mags pplz know nothing about N/A cars. i suggest not to read this for information instead go ask pplz who gone through the experience, those guys just mainly wanna sell the product by promoting it. ARC is cheap, but power gain sucks yO!!!

they know what they are talking about. As one of the autosalon guys own an S2K and has the arc box in his car. I heard that the induction sound is mad but it absorbs alot of heat?

zco
27-10-2005, 11:39 PM
yeh. autosalon magazine isnt that badd. they provide alot of usefull information.. they are not "rubbish"

but as with everything. you need proof of what you are reading.. ie.. some personal experience by ppl you trust.

Banana
27-10-2005, 11:42 PM
hav'nt really seen the article my self, but just saying as those magazine really go on about pplz 'bling bling'

Banana
27-10-2005, 11:46 PM
BTW just listen the pro :)

(Best bang for bucks)

b16a_integra
28-10-2005, 05:32 PM
bmc should have dyno figures with the cda and oem filters. i know that they've done a few honda's not too sure if there was testing on a s2k or not though.

bodo
02-11-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm actually chaseing either a Spoon or K&N (preferably spoon), drop in replacement filter. Does anyone know where to get these?

I've tried to get a few Shops to order in the K&N, with no luck... And everyone that i have contacted about the Spoon, doesnt stock them anymore... :(

(actually - i'd be interested in any brand "drop in" replacemtn filter - as long as its cleanable....

AP1 F20c
02-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Bodo - Do you look into for sale threads? (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31345) ;)

Newcivic
02-11-2005, 07:48 AM
Injen all the way.

bodo
04-11-2005, 10:08 AM
thanks AP1 F20c

ITRBoI
04-11-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm actually chaseing either a Spoon or K&N (preferably spoon), drop in replacement filter. Does anyone know where to get these?

I've tried to get a few Shops to order in the K&N, with no luck... And everyone that i have contacted about the Spoon, doesnt stock them anymore... :(

(actually - i'd be interested in any brand "drop in" replacemtn filter - as long as its cleanable....

PM me i might knwo someone that can get you the spoon one...

CRXONE
10-11-2005, 03:48 PM
So to make an S2K induction sound as loud as fkn possible, what mods would I get???

A pipe CAI Intake??

Mark

bodo
25-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Any of u guys willing to part with your stock box?

25-11-2005, 03:11 PM
how much u willing to pay for one mate??

bodo
25-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Was thinking about the $50 mark, but i havnt even priced one from Honda or wreckers yet

panda
30-11-2005, 10:06 AM
yeh. autosalon magazine isnt that badd. they provide alot of usefull information.. they are not "rubbish"

but as with everything. you need proof of what you are reading.. ie.. some personal experience by ppl you trust.

um zco, why do you have my old ek4 as your avatar? :confused:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar1672_9.gif

Muz
20-02-2006, 08:30 PM
it would still suffer from heatsoak
you really need the opening of the intake system to be infront of the engine bay

Like this style of thing you mean?...

http://www.prestigeautoaccessories.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=579

http://www.prestigeautoaccessories.com/photopost/data/579/1muz_s2000_aie_unpainted3.jpg

http://www.prestigeautoaccessories.com/photopost/data/579/1muz_s2000_aie_nurbugring_silverstone_1.jpg

WhiteAP1
25-04-2006, 03:55 AM
ive read the ARC can have a few more kw squeezed out of it,nothing noticable though but due the mugen intake being better shielded u'll have max power more often. With the F20C being a "little" sensetive to heat, as im sure u've realised on a hot day(it runs like shit) the mugen intake helps keep the temp down,in turn, keeping the cut off sensors happy, it has a better design, and does a much better job than a pod at the end of a pipe. If ure upgrading intake id reccomend a bigger radiator, theres a bit of stuffing around with install anyway. Should make a big difference.

AusS2000
25-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I think you guys really have to decide what you want. Do you want performance, noise, or JDM bragging rights?

The stock airbox is very good. There isn't a whole lot of improvement to be had and many of the options out there will actually lose you power. The "cows stomach" intake back there would have to do something considering it's about $5000. And being CF it is a good insulator so no need to worry about heat although the placement of the opening leaves a lot to be desired.

The metal pipe style intakes make great noise and promise a few hp (nothing like H9k was claiming though) but once they get hot I expect you loose any advantage. And the ARC is a piece of crap. It's not a CAI, it isn't airflow optimised and it is made of heat loving metal.

The Mugen intake is nice because it draws in cold air from in front of the radiator but you can get the same from the Spoon snorkel or Muz's version (which I developed initially). What these do is ensure the engine is always getting cold air so the ECU doesn't cut power. They are power savers rather than power makers.

But at the end of the day whether you spend $400 or $4000 you aren't going to get anything significant. The stock set up is just too damn good.

hondaboy
26-04-2006, 01:21 AM
What these do is ensure the engine is always getting cold air so the ECU doesn't cut power. They are power savers rather than power makers.

Hey Aus,
Under what conditions does the ECU cut power, and how does it do this?
Does it do this to protect the engine?
First i've heard of it and i'm quite intrigued, please explain Aus:wave:

AusS2000
26-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Can't give you specific because the ECU is a closed book, but if it detects too much knock or registers excessive Intake Air Temp it pulls timing. It also pulls timing to the point of going into a limp mode if the MAP sensor reading exceeds ambient. That is why you have to hide the MAP signal from the stock ECU if you go FI.

WhiteAP1
26-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Well said Aus,i totaly agree. Apparently the cut of is something like %1 hp every 3 degrees,or it might be the reverse,not too sure. Ive read because the stock box is directly above the radiator,it doesnt do the job it should, soaking too much from below.Also that the stock radiator is a little too small so together they can compromise preformance. The other intakes have a bigger openings so they can take in more,there also better positioned.Now i try not to belive everything i read, but it sounds like u could confirm/deny this for me having been in the developing process, so is this the case. Also i guess if u are gonna upgrade air intake it wouldnt do much good unless u upgrade the ECU,and if ure tuning intake u might aswell do exhuast,and so on and so forth.........

AusS2000
26-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure the radiator is too small. I've run Eastern Creek at under 2 mins a lap with a non-intercooled supercharger on a 35 degree day and had no overheating problems.

As for upgrading the intake, header, exhaust and ECU, by the time you've done all that you will have gained 10-15Kw but spent as much as an SC or Turbo that will increase your power by 80rwkw.

Ask me how I know. ;)

WhiteAP1
26-04-2006, 09:17 PM
LOL ive got an idea. its good to hear forced induction hasnt just been to see how fast u can go in a straight line, 2 mins hey, sounds sweet. Well it seems i'll be one of those who will be keeping it NA all the way, 150rwkw will suit me just fine

AusS2000
26-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh well, I guess i'll just put up with my 214rwkw (and shitloads of midrange torque).

AusS2000
27-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Don't you like the mystery?

The car used to have a Comptech supercharger:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143665

The SC maxed at 217rwkw.

But now it has a LoveFab turbo:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=303328

The turbo is currently at 214rwkw but now that I've figured out boost control and am building a lower compression block it will be improved upon soon.

Is that enough?

Training? I'm self taught and work in my garage. As Adrian at Toda said, if I had access to a dyno he'd not get any business out of me. But I built my first engine and turbo system about 20 years ago so I've had plenty of time to make mistakes.

So, do I pass?

AusS2000
27-04-2006, 07:37 AM
I got into an argument with a guy on S2ki once. He'd decided that I was a teenager (a backhanded compliment if ever there was one) and regardless of the validity of my posts he just kept on arguing. When he asked how old I was and what my experience was I told him and he apologised. But the strange thing is that none of my posts changed, just his perception of me. I'll never understand that.

So if my history and experience lends credence to my argument that is great, but I would rather my logic stand on it's own.

AusS2000
27-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Oh. and then their's my NA experience. I developed the snorkel intake that Muz now sells. I also butchered my intake box as per Toda's advice. I installed HKS headers and three different exhausts (OEM, Hitech, Kakimoto single) and played around with V-AFCs in the pursuit of NA goodness.

My only conclusion was that Honda had done a very good job with the stock set up and there was little to be gained no matter how much you spent.

jko2
27-04-2006, 08:57 PM
oh no! and I bought your old intake! I shoulda saved those dollars for a turbo! (originally a nissan hoon, turbo turbo turbo).
I'd be a little worried about cops popping my bonnet though -> the driving reason for getting a s2k in the first place

AusS2000
27-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Of course you should have, but at least you know you made a contribution to my FI addiction!

bored
23-05-2006, 06:22 PM
go aem v2

justins2000
06-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I have an AEM V2 air intake kit for the S2000 for sale if anybody's interested!

I ordered 2 kits from America, installed one kit yesterday (sounds alot meaner!)

New in Australia they sell for around $560.00 (not many places have the S2000 kit in stock here).

If anybody is interested email me at justin@quantumliving.net.au

I live north/west sydney, can either send it, or you could pick it up!

there is a good review at http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=258732

or AEM website is www.aempower.com

WhiteAP1
06-08-2006, 07:58 PM
The yanks love the AEM kit. Something about a pod on a pipe i just dont like (thats just me) Might wanna try selling things in the for sale section or putting them in ure signature. Just so the mods dont come down on ya. Apart from sound, any other improvents with the kit?

justins2000
06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
yeah WhiteAP1, there seems to be a little better throttle response, i only drove a few kms since i installed it yesterday, but it's awesome. I think there is a bit of a top end power increase, not sure if it feels like 8-9hp increase like AEM suggest, but i'll let the Dyno tell me that i suppose!
It only took me a couple of hours to install, and its a really solid fit, feels almost factory.

WhiteAP1
07-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah most claimed HP ratings are "little" higher than most ppl actually get, but NA mods arent for power figures,sounds like its doing its job with throttle response. If the Air intake is all uve done,i wouldnt really bother with a Dyno run. Best to get a stock reading and then compare once uve done everything else. Not too sure if it AEM will even register on the Dyno.

integrity
09-08-2006, 08:42 AM
yeah im interested in the mugen intake for the stock box ...
you guys dont know where i can get the intake but for cheap ...
want to get it ... replica doesnt matter
just want to keep the car looking stock with a intake and pod in standard box ...
i really dont want to spend tmuch and i mean its only made of fibreglass.
anywhere i can get it cheap

WhiteAP1
09-08-2006, 02:22 PM
sounds to me like u want the MUZ snorkel, it fits (with abit of tinkering) to the stock box, still quite effective. The mugen intake is a one piece Carbon fibre intake that replaces the stock box.

MUZ snorkel
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19307&page=5

Mugen intake
http://yoko.cside.to/images/circuit_run/mugen7.jpg

09-08-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah im interested in the mugen intake for the stock box ...
you guys dont know where i can get the intake but for cheap ...
want to get it ... replica doesnt matter
just want to keep the car looking stock with a intake and pod in standard box ...
i really dont want to spend tmuch and i mean its only made of fibreglass.
anywhere i can get it cheap

the word cheap and s2000 doesnt realli go hand in hand :p

This has probably been said before but the standard s2000 air intake is quite good as is. If you want that roar then just gutter the air box. Also the air snorkel wouldnt be a bad addition to it either.

I had the comptech icebox in mine and i loved it. For a mere 550 it adds that lil bit of bling to the engine bay and the sound on vtec is awesome. probably best bang for buck intake imo.:thumbsup:

integrity
09-08-2006, 05:44 PM
yeah its the snorkel im after

Taxi-R
10-08-2006, 12:34 AM
i believe that the mugen snorkel requires you do cut a bit of the inner lining on the front end of ur bonnet to fit.

WhiteAP1
10-08-2006, 02:13 AM
thats correct, should look like this

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=56582

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=21840

integrity
10-08-2006, 08:30 AM
errrr???
i thought itll b a straight fit ...
dammn
i might as well make my own CAI system

WhiteAP1
10-08-2006, 06:36 PM
lol U'll be fine,we've just been a bit clumsy with words. Mugen dont make a snorkel, they make a one peice carbon fiber induction chamber (it just a carbon fiber intake like in the pic) its with that u need to modify the hood. The MUZ snorkel is very much a straight fit with abit of snipping to the stock airbox. Mugen replaces the airbox. So dont get scared just yet, the snorkel is an easy fit. The Mugen involves more, but its not too hard if u know what ure doing. For a low cost effective intake the Muz snorkel is the go.

Remeber Mugen = intake
MUZ = snorkel

integrity
10-08-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah ive seen the muz one
but they quoted me close to 400 bux
to tell you the thruth it doesnt look that expensive ..
i believe id get more power with a custom made cold air intake kit

WhiteAP1
11-08-2006, 12:59 AM
$400 gee,i didnt think it was that much. But in all fairness $400 for anything for the s2000 is cheap.

integrity
11-08-2006, 09:17 AM
but still you know
like i would pay 80b bux for that snorkel tops
original or not it doesnt matter
400 is too overpriced