PDA

View Full Version : gl springs vs vtir springs

lighty01
26-04-2005, 03:22 PM
hey ppls.. just wondering if there is any difference between the stock gl springs and the vtir springs...

my springs are stuffed and i have vtir springs.. they do fit but is there gonna be any height difference, smoothness in ride etc etc..
thanx

Waggy
26-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Yeah I'd say there would be (that's just using the arse-test method though). My Vti-R Coupe rides rougher than my gf's Gli sedan.

v t e c
26-04-2005, 06:21 PM
i think they might feel they same

na
26-04-2005, 06:31 PM
but that may be because of the rear sway bar on the vtir, coz the gli does not have one. i'm wondering about this too actually.

26-04-2005, 07:17 PM
just get aftermarket springs.. which are better than both.

lighty01
26-04-2005, 09:28 PM
but that may be because of the rear sway bar on the vtir, coz the gli does not have one. i'm wondering about this too actually.
i have a gl... eg hatch.. the vtir springs are for ek but they fit..
now that thats clear.. any difference in ride height??

CONAN
26-04-2005, 10:10 PM
i've always thought that the vti-r suspension would be the better of the two

better shockies at least.

phatz
02-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Im pretty sure it'd be different dude..

the suspension would of been revised for the vti-r
Can't see them having the same rate springs in the cxi as the vit-r

got a friend with a stock vti-r and one with a stock cxi, the vti-r outhandles the
cxi.. the ride in the vti-r is also very nice.

bennjamin
02-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Im pretty sure it'd be different dude..

the suspension would of been revised for the vti-r
Can't see them having the same rate springs in the cxi as the vit-r

got a friend with a stock vti-r and one with a stock cxi, the vti-r outhandles the
cxi.. the ride in the vti-r is also very nice.

EK4 is better handling wise than the CXI , due to stiffer spring rates ( AFAIK) and a rear swaybar / thicker front swaybar.

Dimensions of shocks AND springs for CXI/EK4 , are pretty much the same so they CAN be swapped forward and backward.

CONAN
02-05-2005, 07:59 PM
there you go! i was right!

my ek4 handles great, and driving my sisters CXI feels like crap

lighty01
03-05-2005, 09:00 AM
i was thinking of getting the vtir spings compressed.. know any places in syd and roughly how much it will cost?

phatz
04-05-2005, 04:01 PM
yikes! my springs!

theres a place in liverpool (all springs?) that does it.. $30 a corner springs to mind but i could be wrong.. never done it..

lighty01
04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
yikes! my springs!

theres a place in liverpool (all springs?) that does it.. $30 a corner springs to mind but i could be wrong.. never done it..

hey "phatz"
thanx million for the springs.. i was suppose to install it on the weekend but one of my mates said u can lower the car by compressing them.. atm.. my springs are "creakin" when ever i change gear or slow down or wheneva the car tilts.. will check out the place in livo..

phatz
13-05-2005, 07:28 PM
no worries dude, how'd u go with them?