PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Headlights

Stoosh
27-04-2005, 04:36 PM
my DC2 has cloudy looking headlights on one side..and normal looking ones on the other..is there anyway to clean the inside of them?

GSI-PSI
27-04-2005, 04:46 PM
the only way i know is that u gotta disconnect ya lenses from ya backing piece but 2 do that u gotta pull off ya bar and the second problem is that the headlights r really hard 2 come apart. otherwise just tip the water out of them and dry upright in the sun and all moisture will evaporate. u can use a hair dryer 2 maybe from inside the bonnet.

__arjay__
27-04-2005, 05:54 PM
If you mean the plastic is cloudy? get sum

Meguires PLASTX.. its brand new.. its a cleaner and polisher.. i just chased a bottle of it in Perth and got the only bottle they had.

Bout to give it a test.. might take pics of before and after.

__arjay__
27-04-2005, 06:28 PM
okayy took some pics.. they look better in real life :P but anyway ill give u a rough history..

I lightly sanded my headlights a few months ago with 800 - 1200 grit sand paper just to get a few dints and blurrs out.. after that i used some fine cut cleaner which sort of worked but faded. So now after many months i just tried this product.. ive read a few reviews and it seems to work for yellowy headlights and hazzy headlights etc.

http://members.westnet.com.au/intencity/images/Gen2Teg/Headlights/Before.jpg

http://members.westnet.com.au/intencity/images/Gen2Teg/Headlights/After.jpg

Im not too sure if you can really see a difference but i rushed that and did it all with hand.. so if i had a buffer id buff those babies and make them sparkle!!! keke

Stoosh
27-04-2005, 08:57 PM
thanks dude..ill go look around for it this weekend

btw yea it came up pretty good
thanks

SECUR1TY
28-04-2005, 05:16 PM
my brothers headlights on his 93 gts-t were crappy too, i just got some t-cut scratch remover. rubbed the headlights down with some soapy water then put the scratch remover on when it was wet then buffed it all out. headlights came out all nice and shiny :D
this works for scratched cd's too ;)

dimsum
29-04-2005, 12:36 AM
if u got water inside the lights, i heard u can drill a very small hole (about 2mm) through the plastic and that will evap the water from inside.

Q_ball
29-04-2005, 01:00 AM
if u got water inside the lights, i heard u can drill a very small hole (about 2mm) through the plastic and that will evap the water from inside.

not sure if i like the idea of drillin holes into ya headlight... :o

mister
29-04-2005, 02:09 PM
there is a eagle one steel polisher u can use on the headlight house too

ICACHA
29-04-2005, 08:12 PM
i bet that the globes arent UV cut!!!

if they're UV cut then they wont turn the plastic lens' cloudy.