PDA

View Full Version : [94 Accord] brakes + rotors

chu88z
27-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I have a 94 accord vtis and was wanting to change my brake pad and rotors. DBA have slotted rotors avilable for my model.

however i was wondering if anyone has taken this step to change their rotors as well.
If so how much would i be looking at and where could i get the parts?

ICACHA
27-04-2005, 06:38 PM
i have DBA rotors for mine, the delema i'm having is the brake pads. there are 3 types available for the 94 model. the easiest way would be for the pad to be taken out and to get the store to match them to what is in the book.

cant comment as yet, the rotors are still not fitted to my car. i got plenty of cosmetic mods that will be taking place in the next month or so.

the rotors are retail approx. $180, i got them for much less obviously...

ICACHA
27-04-2005, 06:40 PM
oh where you located? which state?

smoknhothonda
27-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I have a set of 2 piece AEM big rotors (325mm) slotted/drilled zinc coated with red anodised aluminium hats for my 95 accord in transit (they use the stock calipers with an adapter kit) for the front end, and a set of Brembo rear slotted/drilled rotors for the rear, with a goodridge stainless steel hose kit also. I already have EBC Green stuff front pads, and will be replacing the OEM rear pads with EBC's also.

I should be installing all this in a few weeks, I will try and take a few pics, and let you guys know how it all went.

poid
27-04-2005, 08:29 PM
the rotors arent gonna help your braking performance when street driving (unless you like repeatedly slamming your brakes really hard!) so unless the rotors are worn or you plan on tracking the car i would keep the stockers and invest in a good set of brakepads.

chu88z
27-04-2005, 11:55 PM
im in syd