PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Cusco Type I Bottom Strut Bar Installed

cccoltsicehockey
28-04-2005, 01:03 AM
I installed my Cusco Type I Bottom Strut Bar yesterday. I was asked not to post pics because of you having dial-up.

Cusco Strut Bar Install Pics (http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22126)

I will write a review later about it but I have not driven with it on enough yet.

baboo
28-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Very nice!

jolt
28-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Very keen to hear if there's a noticeable difference, did you have a strut brace fitted already?

Any particular reason why you didn't go for the more comprehensive Type II?

thanks
Rod

baboo
28-04-2005, 08:55 AM
I've got the strut & type 2 on order.

I should be installing them this weekend. will let you know the result too.

Matell probably will give his impression first..:D

cccoltsicehockey
28-04-2005, 09:49 AM
I am going to use the type I type II and upper strut

Matell
28-04-2005, 10:51 AM
I've got the strut & type 2 on order.

I should be installing them this weekend. will let you know the result too.

Matell probably will give his impression first..:D

Provided I decide to go to QR on Saturday....;) Otherwise it will just be comments on any changes I feel in daily road driving...which of course will mean more to most people.

jolt
28-04-2005, 10:54 AM
It would be great to have some feedback on the noticeable differences from the Type I/II lower braces before the Honda R's Cusco pre-order finishes on Friday 6 May 05!! ;)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19444

thanks
Rod

EuroAccord13
28-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Nicely done, I'm considering the Lower Arm bar too but I'm thinking the other version with four points to compliment the Cusco front strut bar I've ordered...

Pleeeease let us know if you felt a difference :)

baboo
28-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Me going to install this afternoon, will let you know the result Nick,

I've opt for version2, & strut brace. see if these can eliminate the creeking sound when I go up to my driveway. If it does, they certainly work!!

EuroAccord13
28-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Cool! Let us know how stiffy is the ride at corners now :)

euro77
28-04-2005, 06:27 PM
yes baboo, please do let us know how it goes.
are you installing the front or the rear sway bar?
I'm thinking to get the rear sway bar to complement my front strut brace. I'm not sure if the front sway bar is necessary.

Matell
28-04-2005, 06:43 PM
yes baboo, please do let us know how it goes.
are you installing the front or the rear sway bar?
I'm thinking to get the rear sway bar to complement my front strut brace. I'm not sure if the front sway bar is necessary.

Little bit of confusion there, Baboo's installing brace's not sway bars. The Type II strut brace he's installing does not replace the front sway bar. It acts in the same sense as the strut tower bar but connects to four mounting points on the underside of the chassis so the lateral, and torsional rigidity of the front of the car is increased. This increase in rigidity results in less flexing of the car's body, and in theory more responsive handling.

euro77
28-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Little bit of confusion there, Baboo's installing brace's not sway bars. The Type II strut brace he's installing does not replace the front sway bar. It acts in the same sense as the strut tower bar but connects to four mounting points on the underside of the chassis so the lateral, and torsional rigidity of the front of the car is increased. This increase in rigidity results in less flexing of the car's body, and in theory more responsive handling.

hmm.. ok... I thought the version 2 goes to the rear

toE
28-04-2005, 08:59 PM
This thread's worthy to be in FAQ, me thinks. *hint*

anexiole
24-02-2007, 11:54 PM
hello there

I followed your link in the ACURA TSX forums for this Cusco Type I Bottom Strut Bar installation. I looked at the last picture in the post and noticed the bar was very close to the CAT. Was it actually touching the CAT and if so, any long term damage?

Thanks

I installed my Cusco Type I Bottom Strut Bar yesterday. I was asked not to post pics because of you having dial-up.

Cusco Strut Bar Install Pics (http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22126)

I will write a review later about it but I have not driven with it on enough yet.

BusterSonic12
25-02-2007, 08:09 AM
i got a type I also, no it's doesn't touch. i think only the typeII touches the cat

anexiole
25-02-2007, 08:15 AM
i got a type I also, no it's doesn't touch. i think only the typeII touches the cat

Sweeet!!! thank u !

euro77
25-02-2007, 12:10 PM
but if you have non standard headers, it might touch. One of this forum member use the DC headers and the flex pipe leaked because of touching/rubbing with the lower arm bar.

Euro1011
27-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Question for all:

I will be getting the strut tower brace soon. To be installed on the Euro with standard suspension. Is it necessary to upgrade the suspension and/or install a bottom strut brace when i get the tower strut brace installed?

Do any of you have standard setup with just the strut tower brace? Feel any difference in cornering, etc?

BusterSonic12
27-02-2007, 11:11 AM
my opinion... more for bling :P no need to upgrade suspension/ low arm brace because it's totally seperate, it is installed in the top of the engine bay

yfin
27-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Question for all:

I will be getting the strut tower brace soon. To be installed on the Euro with standard suspension. Is it necessary to upgrade the suspension and/or install a bottom strut brace when i get the tower strut brace installed?

Do any of you have standard setup with just the strut tower brace? Feel any difference in cornering, etc?

Yes you can notice the strut tower with standard suspension. Especially steering feel and response is improved. If you haven't done so already I would recommend you upgrade the rear sway bar first.

euro77
27-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Question for all:

it's a great mod and you can feel the difference with stock set up. But I do agree with yfin's suggestion, get the rear sway bar (whiteline highly recommended), it improves the handling.