PDA

View Full Version : dc2 + baby seat

incoming
28-04-2005, 04:25 PM
is it possible to fit baby seat/capsule in a dc2?

edit: more specifically... a dc2r?

EG_2_TEG
29-04-2005, 06:10 PM
i know i shouldn't, but lol :D

incoming
29-04-2005, 06:30 PM
hahaha so is that a yes or a no?

come on guys some1 can answer this one cant they!?

hondaboy
29-04-2005, 06:48 PM
hit the abort button big boi :)

ah8118
29-04-2005, 06:51 PM
hmm i seriously can't think of y it can't. if you put the seat at the rear seats, it should not have a prob. good on u mate! leeting your kid start young and teachin him a thing or 2 about vtecs! type r even!!!! my friend has a kid and he put a baby seat in his gtr too!!!

jords
29-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah you can put one in.....put a recaro baby seat in dude.

snowman95
29-04-2005, 08:12 PM
sell the itr and get an oddysee

Boost
29-04-2005, 08:47 PM
erm incoming y would you want to do that?.. Is this ur dc2r? Get a 4WD for that man... :) integras are meant to be driven...

hondaboy
29-04-2005, 09:28 PM
abort abort abort!! :D

Savant
29-04-2005, 10:47 PM
so many people drive itr's like they have a baby in the back so why not actually put one in?!

there is no clip on the parcel shelf to secure the top of the seat in, and i don't know if it's legal to just have the seatbelt to secure the seat, you'll have to check.

mister
29-04-2005, 11:27 PM
so many people drive itr's like they have a baby in the back so why not actually put one in?!

there is no clip on the parcel shelf to secure the top of the seat in, and i don't know if it's legal to just have the seatbelt to secure the seat, you'll have to check.

with this said, is it then illegal to use babyseat/capsule on any vehicle which does not come with the clips?

it should fit, but make sure it is held securely. i am sure ur baby is more important than ur R:D

hondaboy
30-04-2005, 03:24 AM
i am sure ur baby is more important than ur R:D

hit the abort button and that R is automatically more important :)

Redteg
30-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I don't know about the DC's, but I had a baby seat in the DA for my nephew. The top belt which would bolt onto the parcel shelf on a sedan needed an extender so that it could reach all the way to the back of the boot where the mounts are.

He's almost 2 now (21 months) so I bought him a funky red/black booster seat from Autobarn. He enjoys cruising with me. :)

joneblaze
30-04-2005, 07:35 PM
hit the abort button and that R is automatically more important :)

WTF... you've made this comment 3 times now. It's not very mature and actually quite insensitive.

You mean you actually think he should put his children over his interest in cars?

Sit down and actually THINK what is means to HAVE an ABORTION.

Idiot.

tRipitaka
30-04-2005, 07:38 PM
You mean you actually think he should put his children over his interest in cars?

i think you got it round the other way ;)

but yeah, i agree with joneblaze..
what if incoming has a kid already.. how would he abort it then ?
man was made to reproduce, and cars are a side-dish..

should be organising your cars around your life, not your life around your cars..

Q_ball
01-05-2005, 02:49 AM
sum1s been gettin their freeeeek ON lol

hondaboy
01-05-2005, 10:15 PM
my apologies, im just very pro-abortion.
no offence intended

Javed
02-05-2005, 12:12 AM
How the f*ck can you be VERY PRO ABORTION. Thats so f*cking wrong it isn't funny.

Q_ball
02-05-2005, 02:10 AM
*sigh* relax all

nobbs
02-05-2005, 11:55 AM
WTF... you've made this comment 3 times now. It's not very mature and actually quite insensitive.

Sit down and actually THINK what is means to HAVE an ABORTION.

Idiot.

my thought exacty....its pretty sad actually, i feel sorry for ya future family (or not)

simpdogg
02-05-2005, 12:02 PM
I know i shouldnt bag my own model of honda!!!! but get an accord!!!!!!

incoming
02-05-2005, 12:11 PM
lol
its for a friend peeps!

and just so u know.. when u get the seat installed u have to get a certified person to fit it...

ps. i havent found out the answer yet

Savant
02-05-2005, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=mister]with this said, is it then illegal to use babyseat/capsule on any vehicle which does not come with the clips?

I don't know. I know the fords and holdens have the clip up there and it certainly makes a difference in stability! Have to check with the traffic laws.

Make a new thread titled baby abortion and talk about it there. sick of so many off topic posts! they are in every damn thread! Come on mods!

RedEu
03-05-2005, 01:47 PM
but i think all the fuss going in & out of a 2 door wold drive you nuts. odyssey is the go.. for me anyway...:)

dc2r
03-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I agree with everyone else... hondaboy... your comments are just wrong man... it's a living human being and you wanna kill it? that's murder mate... life isn't like that...
what if you parents had a fancy car and was in the same situation with you? You wouldn't want them to press the "abort" button on you would you? Think about it first...

And back on topic... my friend also wants to know if a baby seat will fit into a DC2R... Anyone done it yet?

Mz Integrra
03-05-2005, 04:14 PM
I can't believe how cold and heartless you can be hondaboy.
People come on here to ask serious questions, and expect to get a serious reply. If you don't know the answer and can't help someone out, don't reply. Quite simple really.

Mods... out of curiosity, has hondaboy been 'warned' for his replies? I find them quite offensive.

quangsta
04-05-2005, 06:35 PM
on the topic...i think someone mentioned before about getting an extender....i think it is wat u need to reach the clip which i believe is at the back...i think it is part of the rwc for vic...so the itr must have one...i drive a dc2 and mines at the back panel of the boot thinking dc2r are the same...another thing to watch out for is the bump in the back seat if ur planning to out the baby seat in da middle coz the itr rear curves up abit dont know how the baby seat will sit on it...
cheers

wynode
04-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Keep your replies related to the topic peolpe.