PDA

View Full Version : Pickup Euro ToMoz! Nething I should know?

nEUROtic
28-04-2005, 09:42 PM
After much ****ING around with the bank, I can finally pick up my new Euro standard tommorow (Milano Red)

Is there anything I need to know, any advice I should know? This is my first ever new car (or car for that matter) so any new car advice (not neccessarily EURO specific) would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks a lot guys! I've learnt heaps from being here already

baboo
28-04-2005, 09:49 PM
nEurotic

Check if there's any panel damage or like little dings or scratches also go for a little test drive just to see everything works before signing the paper.

Have fun tomorrow!!!!

Chris_F
28-04-2005, 09:51 PM
milano red is definitley a nice colour, congrats on the purchase

nEUROtic
28-04-2005, 10:00 PM
I was told today that the milano red IS a clear coat colour too. But red isnt a real fade resistant colour so I still got paint protection newayz :)

Woohh cya's on the next brissie cruise :)

Chris_F
28-04-2005, 10:04 PM
ahh that's right, your in brissie - awesome, guess i'll be seeing you and your (faster) red car there

nEUROtic
28-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Totally Stock - WooH!

EuroAccord13
28-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Go through the car inside out for any tinnny winnny bits that seemed out of place, marks or scratches before you sign the inspection papers.. This way.. they can't run away from anything wrong...

GOOD LUCK and enjoy the car! post photos too!

exISeuro
28-04-2005, 10:17 PM
1. Be sensible, to prevent writing off your new car within the first few days.

2. Dont hit Vtec........ yet :)

bigdongers
28-04-2005, 10:19 PM
I saw a red one for the first time at the motor show. It was a luxury with full body kit and looked sweet! the colour is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Its a nice deep red.

nEUROtic
28-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah gotta get used to the car first. Photos posts are just < Img src ="" > tags right? pointing to somewhere I have posted the pics?

Speeder
29-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Make sure everyting is in it's place, ie globes etc, check for any inconsistant features, ie panels, paintwork etc. Remember your car is a NEW car, so technically the car should be spotless in and out. Drive the car and check for noises, or anything suspicious, and finally take your time.

nEUROtic
29-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Well my brand new car now has 100km on it. I cant stop driving it :) Its hard to baby it though, and resist the temptation but im doing pretty well. Man this is the best car ;)

Chris_F
29-04-2005, 04:41 PM
good to hear that your happy with it... i still find it hard to resist driving mine and i've had it 6 months :D - good luck with it and happy driving ;)

stephen8512
29-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Well my brand new car now has 100km on it. I cant stop driving it :) Its hard to baby it though, and resist the temptation but im doing pretty well. Man this is the best car ;)

congratulations on ur purchase mate. have fun with her :D :thumbsup:

PNR888
29-04-2005, 05:42 PM
hey, you better book your 1000km service now, by the way you are going, your Euro probably will hit 1000km after this long weekend.
BTW, Did they give u a Honda Bear?

REV888
29-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I saw a red one for the first time at the motor show. It was a luxury with full body kit and looked sweet! the colour is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Its a nice deep red.

Thats right at the Melbourne Motor Show. ;)

nEUROtic
29-04-2005, 08:19 PM
hey, you better book your 1000km service now, by the way you are going, your Euro probably will hit 1000km after this long weekend.
BTW, Did they give u a Honda Bear?

Nahh I bought the bear, and as for driving its only 2 and from work on weekends :(

Put some new exhaust tips on as well

Chris_F
29-04-2005, 08:31 PM
cool... i was thinking about putting new mufflers on. Take some pics if u get the chance man of the tips and the car, i don't think anyone else on the forum has posted pics of a red euro yet.. be the first:D

PNR888
29-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Put some new exhaust tips on as well[/QUOTE]

Tell us more about them! photos will be great. so you removed stock tips and replace with bigger diameter ones? I've never seen aftermarket exhaust tips (tip only) on Euro.

nEUROtic
29-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Yeha photos tomz - no batteries

There is a photo on here on a thread i asked about exhaust tips where someone showed me euroZ's tips. They are very much like this

SSML
30-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Make sure u use NEW sponge when u wash ur car, hose off all the crap/dust even before u shampoo it. Red car is difficult to look after. Be very very gentle when wash. u want to avoid those swirl marks

u got to come to the next BNE euro cruise!

V205
30-04-2005, 04:43 PM
I always use a few clean terry towels.... different ones for diff parts of the cars.

I would use a sponge to clean the wheels and external rubber parts of the car.

Make sure u use NEW sponge when u wash ur car, hose off all the crap/dust even before u shampoo it. Red car is difficult to look after. Be very very gentle when wash. u want to avoid those swirl marks

u got to come to the next BNE euro cruise!

albii
30-04-2005, 04:51 PM
I always use a few clean terry towels.... different ones for diff parts of the cars.

I would use a sponge to clean the wheels and external rubber parts of the car.
yes i have been using terry towels for years when i wash my cars.........with sponges the dirt gets trapped in the holes and can scratch the paint and leave swirls .......not good....

nEUROtic
03-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Ok impressions - nearly a week in.

How the **** can anyone not like this car?

There is so much to like! Its quiet as a mouse but when u wanna open it up its got a nice throaty roar. The ride isnt ULTRA smooth, but sporty and responsive. You can feel EVERYTHING underneath you, even manholes under each wheel. The fuel economy is surprisingly good, and this is new. Its sposed to get better as you age it. You can go from 2nd to 4th in normal driving if u feel a little sporty, or u can change smoothly up the gears and marvel at the smoothness in each gear and change. The gear shift is awesome. And since when is front wheel drive a problem? There is hardly any understeer, only when u expect it (u turns in 2nd gear and stuff). And its the first time i think the term "Four Door Sports Car" has actually been taken seriously by the manufacturers, and it performs like it :)

Everything is where it needs to be, its not hard to reach anything and there is everything in its place.

I took a friend of mine for a drive who had a prelude VTIR. He was nothing but impressed

"Honda have refined the front wheel drive car to the point where it can compare more than favourably with a rear wheel. evrything is at your fingertips controls wise - there's a place for everything and everything in it's place - it accomodates everything, and is full of clever, logical, easy to use features. it treads the line between sports car and well mannered 4 door VERY well - How it can get much better ?? I don't know."

I could go on and on..... It makes me want to drive everywhere, either fast or slow. Whatever mood takes me :)

Wooooh!

yfin
03-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Good to hear a happy customer - just wait till it has broken in nice and good and you will be really happy with the engine.

albii
03-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Ok impressions - nearly a week in.

How the **** can anyone not like this car?

There is so much to like! Its quiet as a mouse but when u wanna open it up its got a nice throaty roar. The ride isnt ULTRA smooth, but sporty and responsive. You can feel EVERYTHING underneath you, even manholes under each wheel. The fuel economy is surprisingly good, and this is new. Its sposed to get better as you age it. You can go from 2nd to 4th in normal driving if u feel a little sporty, or u can change smoothly up the gears and marvel at the smoothness in each gear and change. The gear shift is awesome. And since when is front wheel drive a problem? There is hardly any understeer, only when u expect it (u turns in 2nd gear and stuff). And its the first time i think the term "Four Door Sports Car" has actually been taken seriously by the manufacturers, and it performs like it :)

Everything is where it needs to be, its not hard to reach anything and there is everything in its place.

I took a friend of mine for a drive who had a prelude VTIR. He was nothing but impressed

"Honda have refined the front wheel drive car to the point where it can compare more than favourably with a rear wheel. evrything is at your fingertips controls wise - there's a place for everything and everything in it's place - it accomodates everything, and is full of clever, logical, easy to use features. it treads the line between sports car and well mannered 4 door VERY well - How it can get much better ?? I don't know."

I could go on and on..... It makes me want to drive everywhere, either fast or slow. Whatever mood takes me :)

Wooooh!i know what you mean...had mine 6 months and i still love it

nEUROtic
03-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Just get in and smile :)

albii
03-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Just get in and smile :)
how many ks you done now?

nEUROtic
03-05-2005, 09:27 PM
300 :) Not bad for 4 days

albii
03-05-2005, 09:35 PM
you trying to control yourself

yfin
03-05-2005, 09:37 PM
300 :) Not bad for 4 days

Man you are not trying hard enough. You should be at 1000 by now :D

stephen8512
03-05-2005, 11:20 PM
hahahaha
nEUROtic, welcome to the growing base of passionate euro owners. i have seen about 3 milano red euros on the road and its a nice change from the sea of graphite/black and blue euros that u usually see. bodykitted, and fitted with some bling wheels would make it look HOT. lol

ive had my euro for about 5 months now.....ive done 4800kms......hahahah about 1000km every month. going in for a 5000km oil change soon.

Chris_F
03-05-2005, 11:23 PM
haha i've had mine for bout 8 motnhs now and i've done 14,000

aaronx88
03-05-2005, 11:30 PM
1. Be sensible, to prevent writing off your new car within the first few days.

2. Dont hit Vtec........ yet :)

I hit Vtec on the first day I drove off the dealer. There seems to be conflicting ideas on breaking in new engine :confused:

Matell
04-05-2005, 07:20 AM
I hit Vtec on the first day I drove off the dealer. There seems to be conflicting ideas on breaking in new engine :confused:

So did I...just once in first (well it bounced of the limiter 3 times before I caught it) when I was driving it home from taking delivery of it. I just wasn't expecting such a rev happy engine!. D'OH!!!!! I was such a noob! :p

EuroAccord13
04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
There is a website that teaches you how to break in a brand new car on a dyno...

h22a accord
04-05-2005, 09:20 AM
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

check it out, i guess i used this method once before.... i rebuilt a mildly worked (oversize pistons, performance intake manifold, big s.u carby with larger jet, 4-2-1 extractors, big bore exhaust and tuned muffler) engine in my old mini and flogged it from day two ( 1st day i drove around with the hand brake on in 2nd gear loading the engine up)....it was a freaky motor, used to beat any little 4 cylinder on the road including rice 1.5 litre lancers and even owned carby xd-xf falcons vc-vk commodores. Always got the response "what the hell have you done to that thing to make it go so well"

There is a website that teaches you how to break in a brand new car on a dyno...

PNR888
04-05-2005, 11:00 AM
h22a accord: very interesting read... too late for my car now. I will try that on my next new car. Maybe demo car is a good option as most of them have been pushed hard during test drive.

nEUROtic
06-05-2005, 09:50 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=4362

New photos :)

industrie
06-05-2005, 09:56 AM
congrats mate..car looks sweet...just make sure you get some wheels and dump her...then she will look even sexier :cool:

nEUROtic
06-05-2005, 09:57 AM
meh

Chris_F
06-05-2005, 10:16 AM
hahaha so true... stock its a beautiful car