PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

LiNDZ
14-01-2004, 01:46 PM
I own a 99 model Cxi Civic at the moment, all i have is a set of 4.2.1 extractors with a complete exhaust system, and custom cold air induction. Is there anything else i can do gain a few kilowatts using this engine Eg ECU, power chip ETC

If anyone can help me let me know... Thanks in advance

vti-2
14-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Please use the search function. I know there have been a few posts on here already with a similar question to yours.

If you've done the usual I/H/E then the next step would probably be an ECU tweak. It all comes down to how much you want to spend and what you want from the car. Other options include, port and polish, bigger throttle body, cams, head work, pistons etc etc. The list goes on.

I'd stay clear of powerchips. They are a waste of money IMO. If you are planning on spending a bit of money you'd benefit more from an aftermarket ECU. I'm not sure how all this affects the Cxi engine though as it is non-VTEC.

LiNDZ
14-01-2004, 02:18 PM
do you know who i can speak with in relation to an ECU?

fried
14-01-2004, 02:52 PM
SEARCH function..... omgoodness....

im going to be subtley rude here, but for everyone elses sake, when u ASK a question, READ the reply..... THINK carefully.... and then reply..... (this is for everyone else as much as it is for you lindz ;))

pls use the search function.

if u typed in ECU in search, im sure ud come acroos many posts from HONDATA master JAMES.......AKA BLKCRX

good luck with ur search!

;)

ATSE
14-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Cxi = D-Series.... your wasting you money buying a ECU... single-cam non-vtec... what gains are you trying to find?

Do a engine swap instead...

vti-2
14-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Cxi = D-Series.... your wasting you money buying a ECU... single-cam non-vtec... what gains are you trying to find?

Do a engine swap instead...

I agree. We can also suggest things like boosting it as well but it doesn't help the original question.

Again it depends on what LiNDZ is after? If they can give us an idea as to what they want from the car/engine (performance wise), we'll be able to make better suggestions. :thumbsup:

A'PEXi
15-01-2004, 12:48 AM
i/h/e for starters...

you could also modify the d series engines if you want to take on a challenge - most people will say straight away that you could get a dohc b series for the same price which will give you more power...

a d series engine for starters weighs less.. you could continue on after modding i/h/e to throttle bodies, flywheel, clutch, injectors, fuel pump, ecu and the list goes on... thats if you want to start spending abit of money :P

TODA AU
15-01-2004, 05:42 AM
Lightweight flyweel...

vti-2
15-01-2004, 09:54 AM
i/h/e for starters...

They already have I/H/E.

VTEC16
15-01-2004, 10:03 AM
a d series engine for starters weighs less

it almost sounds like you are saying its better to stick with the D..... :oops:

eknine
15-01-2004, 10:28 AM
best don't do anything:)..sell that and buy a better car....that an honest opinion :D