PDA

View Full Version : dc2r centre console removal

fasinn8
30-04-2005, 10:31 AM
hi guys,

Can someone please tell me how i can go about removing a centre console from the DC2R. there are posts on the dc2 however i and having trouble removing the console from the dc2r. I've removed the 2 centre screws underneath the Type r tag and lifted the mid portion of the console up and back about 1 cm, then after that it wont budge any further....

Can someone give some advice

Thanks
Jim

GSI-PSI
30-04-2005, 01:51 PM
theres 2 bolts inside the compartment

fasinn8
30-04-2005, 02:20 PM
The type R doesnt have a compartment box so i am not sure if there is any more screws i need to remove

GSI-PSI
30-04-2005, 02:24 PM
do u hav a pik of the console and i shud be able 2 tell u

mister
30-04-2005, 02:26 PM
www.team-integra.net
check into the articles section.

BiGANG
30-04-2005, 02:47 PM
you have to take the ashtray out adn there are a couple of screws behind, then you take out the whole carbon fibre lookiing bit, and there are two more screws. thats pretty much it.

fasinn8
30-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi BigAng,

I have taken out the ashtray and removed two screws and removed the carbon fibre part - basically the cig lighter component... Now i have a hole underneath the spare compartment and the deck - how do you get out the deck now?

Plus my centre console is still attached - still cant seem to remove it ..

mr crex
30-04-2005, 04:35 PM
this might help... helped me when I removed my centre console 2 nights ago...

http://www.steve-o.com.au/pic/console.jpg

the typeR is basically the same... theres a couple of screws you have missed...

the stock deck has 2 bolts at the back of it that hold it to the metal bar ... you will have to unscrew these bolts to remove the headunit also.

fasinn8
30-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Worked out the how to remove the centre console, the type r have clips at the end of the base console heheeh...i gave up trying to take it out nicely and figured out that there were clips heheeh

fasinn8
30-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the Diagram - Now i have to mount the deck.
How have you integra owners mounted your deck, did you purchase a mounting case ?

Plus with the wiring, 2 questions:
1) Does anyone have the stock headunit wiring diagram for the type r integra.
I want to make sure i match the right cables up hehe - never wired a deck before.
2) Does anyone know where i can get a wire hareness, i have a pioneer deck.

BiGANG
30-04-2005, 09:08 PM
hey fasinn8, i didnt use a mounting case for mine, looks ok i think. i couldnt find a harness for a honda stock head deck so i had to join the cables, its pretty straight forward, just use a test light to find the power ones, and then a 9 volt battery to find the speaker cables. when you hook up two wires froma speaker to the battery it makes a tick noise. youll have it done in no time dude

fasinn8
03-05-2005, 08:57 PM
how do i know which speaker wire is + or - ?

mr crex
03-05-2005, 09:32 PM
if you do the battery test on the speaker wires the correct +&- way the speaker will pop "out" the incorrect way the speaker will pop "in"

the positive wire has the line down it.

tegstar83
03-05-2005, 10:26 PM
hey on a type R its missing the little center bin between the seats * I dunno like honda wanted to save 200 grams there* So putting ur crap in the car would be quite annoying, anyway is there any way that u can get one out of a dc2 or dc4 and install it?? * ps sorry for hijacking the tread but didnt wanna start a new thread*

fasinn8
04-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the advice on the speakers - i will give it a go this weekend =)

jords
05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
When mounting the head unit you need to make up 2 braces that connect the unit to the console, have a look at your original honda deck, it has a bracket at the rear of the unit that makes the whole thing tight and steady. Without some type of brace/brackets the head unit moves around too much.

Ive seen heaps of DC2's that have changed the head unit and have mounted it very poorley, or, the bin and head unit have been reversed around which makes the bin on top and the head unit on the bottom which then gets in the way of the gear knob.

Try to mount it properly, I used some old 'pioneer keys' for the brackets, just drill a couple of wholes in them. Give it a go.:thumbsup: