PDA

View Full Version : To sell or rebuild LS?

skywings
30-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey there. I was hoping you guys could help me decide what to do with my teg. It's a stock 93 and starting to hit the 245,000km mark. Should I sell it and upgrade to a stock VTEC (a DC2 or a civic), or is it worthwhile using the cash to rebuild the engine (incl changing to high comp pistons and stage2 camshafts)?

I'm very attached to it, being my first car, and I think a good base to modify, but is it worth the cash for the performance gain, or better to just get a slightly newer stock VTEC?

sky

Boost Cruisin
30-04-2005, 03:23 PM
thought of putting a b18c vtec into it instead of rebuilding the b18a?

GSI-PSI
30-04-2005, 03:27 PM
yer go tha vtec conversion. how much r u willing 2 spend?

|N|
30-04-2005, 03:30 PM
depends how much u willin to spend...

dc2dc2dc2
30-04-2005, 03:35 PM
i've got very much same question. My teggie has done alot of km'z. Just wondering if it is worth the rebuild? approx. on average does it cost to rebuild? or i was thinking maybe put it a vti-r dc2 engine? or just selling and starting with a fresh car.

skywings
30-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Uh, not that much... I don't want to do something major like a conversion because I can't afford the insurance or an engine that will be high maintenance or not as reliable (this is an assumption of course) than a stock engine. I was thinking just something simple and easy for the LS; ie getting better internals, since I'm not into racing, just want a slightly zippier performance and to replace 245000k old parts.

Otherwise I'm thinking just get a stock dc2 integra or a civic -- if they're better than an LS with high comp and stage2 cams... Are they??? Or would a high comp/stage2 LS be worthy enough against a vtec?

I've thought about an LS/VTEC frankenstein seriously, even got the B18C head (which I'm looking to sell, incidentally), but decided against it for practical reasons.

j0nbubz
30-04-2005, 09:34 PM
if you want life to be simple and easy, id say the hassle of rebuilding will overcome u!

my 2 cents is - change cars, start with something fresh and have some fun with that! (this is assuming money factor of course)