PDA

View Full Version : xforce header installed

asiansquad
30-04-2005, 08:01 PM
The car runs so much better than before...for the price i paid for the header it is well worth it.:thumbsup:

Again danny forgot something (he chucked the main battery fuse in the wrong way)...and a malfunction indicator came up on my car when i was driving to donny :thumbdwn:

The header was installed with the down pipe, but used stock bpipe with custom muffler.

asiansquad
30-04-2005, 11:08 PM
the malfunction indicator came back on...i asked a few friends and they reakon it's the sensor from downpipe to bpipe is loose so that is what's causing that. I will check tomorrow and see if that would help

flipmods
01-05-2005, 10:03 AM
If a main fuse is installed backwards it will make no difference and wont affect anything.

asiansquad
01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
i realised why when we flipped the fuse the other way round the malfunction indicator didn't come on....it's because it takes a while before the sensor actually detects anything is leaking from the down pipe

one of the sensors was loose...danny tightened it and now it's fine

asiansquad
02-05-2005, 12:04 AM
i dunno if it's because my jazz is the late 04 model which is the same as the 05 model, but the models before mine have only 1 sensor going to the downpipe and this model and above has 2 sensors.

The malfunction indicator has come back on...i am thinking it's the sensor that's causing it, so i'm gonna change the down pipe back to the stock down pipe and see if this gets rid of the indicator =\

has anyone else experienced this???

asiansquad
02-05-2005, 04:25 PM
have installed stock down pipe..everything seems to be fine now...lets hope it stays this way =\

Jus-10
02-05-2005, 07:40 PM
So are you running the stock cat now?

I am guessing you are the one that bought it from Adrian (TODA AU)?

TypeG
03-05-2005, 12:35 AM
just drill a hole on yr Xforce downpipe if that's the case
lol

asiansquad
03-05-2005, 10:17 AM
jus-10: yeh i bought it from adrian

typeg: there's already another hole..and the sensor is plugged in..but the light still comes on

Zimp13
03-05-2005, 10:31 AM
i am very sure that its the sensor after the cat, reading a higher level of emission after the xforce down pipe is fitted as its not a cat attached to the down pipe....

Zimp13
03-05-2005, 10:35 AM
by the way, asiansquad, as i told u before, there shouldnt be any difference when the fuses are the other way round in the first place. and the sensor on the cat was not loose loose..... i just manage to tighten one of them a bit more..... there is no problem at all with my car and typeG car.... same way as i installed urs.... at least i learn now about that stupid sensor on the new jazz.....

Jus-10
03-05-2005, 04:11 PM
You know the x-force down pipe doesn't come with a cat right?

That is probably why it works fine with the factory down pipe.....

Did you do a before and after dyno run? I' still trying waiting to see if headers offer any valuable increase on the Jazz....

TypeG
03-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Xforce downpipe dun have a cat. It works fine in our jazz but not the new jazz. I am thinking of getting my frd's xforce downpipe but I am wonder if i can fit a hiflow cat on the pipe. Anyone have any idea?

asiansquad
03-05-2005, 04:32 PM
hmm..if i get a x-force cat back exhaust system as well..does that mean it'll be alrite??

Jus-10
03-05-2005, 04:40 PM
TypeG - yes you can fit a cat in there....however you might as well just get an exhaust shop to make that whole part for you....it wouldn't be that hard.

Ours works fine because we don't have the sensor after the cat....but the risk of running no cat is too great ($10,000 fine)

asiansquad - the cat-back won't fix it.....you will still need a cat

asiansquad
03-05-2005, 04:53 PM
oh..so even with cat back..we don't hve cat?
ah damn

Jus-10
03-05-2005, 04:56 PM
nope..the cat-back will connect to the end of the down-pipe. You will need to install a cat in that down-pipe section.....

asiansquad
03-05-2005, 05:00 PM
ahh...ok then..so the x-force downpipe that came with the header is basically useless

Zimp13
03-05-2005, 05:14 PM
cant say its useless... if u wanna bring ur track to the track u can just chuck the xforce one in... or just put a cat on that downpipe.... i would say its definitely cheaper as only cutting and welding..... thats all... plus xforce quality isnt that bad either

Jus-10
03-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Yep, just do what Zimp said.....I had a lo at your x-force headers when Adrian still had them and all you need to do is cut out the resonator inthe down-pipe and replace it with a cat. Done!