PDA

View Full Version : euros, euros everywhere!!!!

h22a accord
30-04-2005, 10:07 PM
hey guys, i remember the good old days when the onhonda accord forum was all about accords, well i guess it still is but these days its nothing but accord euro's!!!! Every time i log on to the site i check to see what interesting stuff there is about accords and all i see is more stuff about accord euros!!

I suppose this is great for euro owners but i would like to see more topics about other accords as they are more relevant to myself.... perhaps im being selfish but im in am in no way speaking for a minority.

The euro's are a damn good car, alot of owners will agree but since i dont own one im not obsessed with them.......I know the accord forum is all about accords but i think we need more threads about honda accords other than the honda euro ie "weird rattle coming from 'a' pillar over bumps larger than a speed hump only above 33kph"

there is no one else to blame for that other than members that have older accords than euro's but i do believe the accord forum is a little bit intimidating lately.

I find myself looking more at everything else in the ozhonda site other than the accord forum.... perhaps us "other accord" owners only have ourselves to blame, for we are not activly contributing and/or participating in posts related to older accords.

It seems when ever new members join and ask a question their answer is " this topic has already been covered! please do a search or look in the sticky's and subsequently the thread is locked.......i have noticed this alot more since yfin and euroaccord13 have been appointed moderators of the accord forum.

I see ozhonda as a place to visit and converse... where all members ( new and old) can activly participate in threads and build a sense of community.

These days it just seems if u dont own a euro or u ask a question that has been discussed at some stage before you are imediatly discouraged by a "nazi" attitude of the appointed moderators.

i used to enjoy visiting the accord forum and meeting, greeting learning and directly sharing knowledge with new members but these days everything that is interesting is either moved to another forum , locked and the poster is told to do a search or its about euro accords.

I do beleive that anything to do with a euro no matter what it is is not moderated at all, i think because the accord moderators both own euros. its stinks of bias.

Okay, ive finished my rant, hope i dont get banned or flamed, im entiltled to my opinion and so is everyone else....i dont want anyone to take this thread as a personal insult, i am just saying how it is and how other members see it.

happy motoring...go the 5th gens haha.

Matell
30-04-2005, 10:19 PM
I feel that's definitely a fair and valid opinion. Maybe the good guys here can look into splitting the Euro's out into their own forum? Honda Australia should probably have dropped the Accord from the Euro anyway so the Euro was it's own unique product line. It's fine for it to be the Accord in Japan and Europe where unlike us they don't have the US (Thai built) Accord sold under the same title. It would save a lot of confusion. And no I'm not trying to be an elitist Euro owner.

yfin
30-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your comments.

Just to get the record straight - I personally can not recall locking a thread before. As for asking people to search - that is for the benefit of all users and to make this place more user friendly. Yes we want people to look at the sticky - it is frustrating for not just the moderators to see the same questions - it is also frustrating for members generally.

We do not discourage people to ask questions - all we ask is you do a simple search or read the sticky before asking the question. If it is not covered - ask away.

If you want posts on other accords - post them up! Everyone is happy to read about them. The reason you are seeing posts about Euros is not because the moderators own Euros - it is because Euro owners are enthusiastic about their relatively new cars. It is to be expected and encouraged.

One thing everyone can do to improve this site is to include the model in the thread title or subject - EG "EURO Creaking problem" or "1997 Accord clutch problem" etc, etc. That makes it easier for people like you who have no particular interest in Euros. You can then skim the topics to see what threads you want to open.

In terms of bias moderating Accord threads but not Euro threads - not sure how you can substantiate that. There are relatively few Accord threads to moderate (which you concede)- so what is being moderated? Plenty of Euro threads have been moved, edited etc. What do you think we are doing?

You also mention that this is how "other members see it" and it is not a minority (so it is the majority?). Well lets hear the majority speak up as I am a little confused by this thread. You say not enough Accord threads? So how has that anything to do with the moderators?

It is all very nice for you to say "don't take it personally" but in the same breath you say "nazi attitude of the appointed moderators". Being Jewish I take offence to that comment and just because you say "don't take it personally" doesn't justify the comment or mean it is not insulting.

PNR888
30-04-2005, 11:01 PM
The reason you are seeing posts about Euros is not because the moderators own Euros - it is because Euro owners are more enthusiastic about their relatively new cars. It is to be expected and encouraged.

H22a: I am glad you told us about your concern. Dont get me wrong, I am not here to condame anyone. I think everyone here is a winner, because we all care about our cars.
I agree with yfin's above comment. To add on that, most of new car enthusiasts is about to do or in the process of doing mod to their car, therefore they (including me) will visit the forum more frequently and ask relavent Qs, and that's why there are lots more thread about Euro.

With Earlier model cars, most of the enthusiasts have done most the mods they needed and wanted. Therefore I guess the forum is, in comparason, less interested by members who is not actively involved in doing up their cars.

I enjoy reading threads of all models, from NSX to MDX. I also read and learned a lot from you posts about car detailing. (I am not sucking you up)This forum is all about sharing info and helping each other to enjoy our honda more.

All other accord members, dont be shy, post up your idea. we need your active involvement in the forum. :wave:

wynode
30-04-2005, 11:23 PM
All other accord members, dont be shy, post up your idea. we need your active involvement in the forum. :wave:

Ditto!

As for a seperate EURO section......I brought this up with the other mods but a valid point was made that we dont' have a special section for "EG/EK" in the civic forum. All Accords belong together IMO :)

But Cam, I can see where you are coming from but I don't think the Euro owners should be to blame for that? Can you think of any way that other Accord users can be encouraged to post?

toE
30-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Like you said Cam, other "older accord" owners just aren't contributing to liven the older generations up.

There isn't much that we can do, but wait for the odd 1 or 2 threads that pop up once in a while.

Concerning the locking and searching suggestions...I admit, I used to want to lock it up and suggest that the member search it up.

But I personally, of late, have taken a small step back and let the thread go unlocked, but I still suggest that the author search it up (if I believe it has been discussed before), read up, then post anymore queries if anything else has been left unsaid.

I only, now, lock it if it is utterly necessary.

And concerning the Accord Moderators of being bias, so far, Team OH haven't picked it up yet. :)

Also, a sub-forum for Accord Euro has been discussed within Team OH, and we felt that it just wouldn't be necessary....yet. ;)

-Jimmy

h22a accord
01-05-2005, 02:06 AM
sweet as guys :) im glad you all replied, now i can see it from your point of view. i'll just have to learn to live with the fact of sifting through all the "euro " threads to find threads i can better relate to.

Dont get me wrong i love the euro's, and its great to see such an active group of "euro" owners but someone has to agree with me that the euro is in a class of its own.

I mean, euro's are a relativly new model compared to the majority of cars owned by ozhonda members, eg, the majority of civics are EK, EG models, not the current models, the same with prelude ( they discontinued that a few years ago)

perhaps there could be a sticky exclusivly linking all posts regarding euros, it might make it easier for all members depending on which model accord they own.

im saying this because the AUDM accord has always been pretty much the same model as the USDM accord...1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, 4th gen, 5th gen, 6th gen etc, 7th gen ( current model 4cyl & v6 accord) Then you have the accord euro which in america is badged as an acura tsx. I know the integra is badges as an rsx in USDM but the accord euro is alot more popular than the integra.

I envy the the attitude of the 'euro' owners in the accord forum, i dont want to class people but the majority of euro owners are alot different demographically than the typical owner of an eg civic with slammed suspension CAi and catback exhaust.

Im sorry if if i put anybodies nose out of joint, im not posting to stir up shit or start a tit for tat thread until its subsequently locked, im merely saying that i seriously think the accord forum should be split between the "honda accord" and the "honda accord euro/tsx"

PNR888
01-05-2005, 06:32 AM
im saying this because the AUDM accord has always been pretty much the same model as the USDM accord...1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, 4th gen, 5th gen, 6th gen etc, 7th gen ( current model 4cyl & v6 accord) Then you have the accord euro which in america is badged as an acura tsx. I know the integra is badges as an rsx in USDM but the accord euro is alot more popular than the integra.

Hi H22a, Just a little clarification re 6th and 7th Gen accord. :)
AUDM euro is 7th Gen Accord and accord wagon in Japan. (Only Euro R has the name "Euro").
Since 6th Generation, Honda decide to make a wider body, classy look accord for USA market, therefore our AUDM Thai made 6th and 7th accords (some with v6 engine to suite Yanks taste buds) are actually USA version accord.

Sadly, Honda Australia didn't import JDM 6th gen accord (released sept 1997 in Jap) for Honda enthusiasts here. Later, Honda Japan 1st introduced the name "Euro R" to its sport version of 6th gen accord (Oct 2000). When 7th gen accord first release in oct 2002, Euro R badge is once again used for its sport spec. and this time Euro R was released at the same time as normal accord and wagon.

In AUDM, I think Honda Australia want to make it easier for customer to differentiate JDM and US version, so name 7th gen "Accord Euro" despite we dont get all the goodies come in Euro R. :(

All the info about JDM accord is extracted from Japanese HyperRev book. but any correction is always welcomed

Alpine
01-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Some of us are not all Euro owners....we own a 2005 Accord V6 Luxury! It's a sweet machine. I think I am the only one on here with one of these Accords...?

EuroAccord13
01-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Can't help it that most of the new members to the Accord Forum are Euro owners... The car being new, there are bound to be lots of questions to ask regarding the car...

bigdongers
01-05-2005, 02:01 PM
The Euro is still an Accord. Like others have said, you cant blame people posting about the Euros cause thats the car they drive.

If you want more Accord activity, post away!

Calvo
01-05-2005, 09:32 PM
lol Cam, i hear ya brother, but really we have ourselves to blame as we dont ask the q's...

either that, or the Euro's have way to many probs... :) lol, just shit stirrin u Euro owners :).

wynode
01-05-2005, 10:26 PM
LOL@Calvo

panda[cRx]
01-05-2005, 11:05 PM
the only reason there is more euro related stuff is coz the euro owners seem more involved. we only get out of this forum what we put in

Calvo
01-05-2005, 11:18 PM
LOL@Calvo
lol, i think im gonna cop it 2morrow wen all these Euro owners come on. hahaha.

GO THE 5TH GENS!!

In-house fighting, lol.

EuroAccord13
01-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I've been here for some time now Calvo.. Now Cop my Rant... Muahahahahaha....

Heh heheheheh... Joking bud :)

Calvo
02-05-2005, 08:08 PM
hehe...

cant we all just get along... :)

lol.