PDA

View Full Version : Should the accord forum be accords and euros?

h22a accord
01-05-2005, 02:20 AM
hey all, until the exclusivly 4cyl "accord euro" and the 4cyl/v6 "american" accord was offered on the australian market, there was only one accord on the market in australia at any one time.... ie, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th , 6th gen accord.

Should there be a seperate section in the accord forum for accord euros?

I mean, you could say that the euro is up to its 2nd gen with the release of the 05 model with bigger wheels etc and its a completly different car compared to the v6/4cyl accord (7th gen)

so, either vote YES or NO if u think the EUROS should be in a seperate section to the ACCORDS.

Q_ball
01-05-2005, 02:32 AM
i dun think so...
its like sayin should there should be a TYPE R section in the forums insted of being a part of the integra section.
euros are accords...IMO its easier to keep em all together.
i rekon jst leave em.

h22a accord
01-05-2005, 02:36 AM
ahhh, no, im not saying here should be different section specifically for accord exi, vti, vti-s, vti-l because thats what you are comparing it to.

im saying that the accord euro is totally differnt to an accord.

Q_ball
01-05-2005, 02:41 AM
mechanically/aesthetically the euro may b different to the other accords...but its still an accord!

Bol
01-05-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm going for "YES" for the following reason...

I think most people come to the specific model section to learn more about THEIR cars. That is, the mods they can do, performance and maintanance tips, how to fix common faults etc. so most people visit this part of the forum because they want to learn about the car that they drive.

I doubt that euro owners who are looking for advice on how to fix their rattles or locate their pen holders are going to care about the latest H22a conversion, or a turbo 5th gen... I come here to learn what other people are doing with their accord, be it vti, vtis, exi etc, because they are relatively similar cars.

The Euro however has very little in common with the typical accord with exceptions to the name. If the forum was divided then its not as though we are restricting access to anybody, anyone can easily just click on the "Euro" section, IF they want to find out information about the Euro.

Typing enough for me.

yfin
01-05-2005, 09:39 AM
I'll sit back on this poll as I don't mind either way.

I can understand how non Euro owners are frustrated by the number of Euro posts. Honda is selling over 1000 Euros per month and within a short time the number of Euro members on Ozhonda has exploded (a great thing). Over time the number of Euro members will only grow further - equally contributing to the frustration of some non-Euro owners.

That said - the experience of non-Euro owners is something I would prefer not to lose. We need the non-Euro owners to read Euro posts and they have usually owned hondas much longer and can add a perspective to the discussion.

The only reason to make a Euro subforum is for convenience. I have suggested another way is for all users to post the model of their vehicle in the subject - that way you can skim the posts you want to read.

But eventually I can see that the number of Euro members will outweigh the number of older accords. I am not saying that to promote an "us" and "them" attitude - I am just making the observation that the membership makeup will change - if it hasn't already.

Chris_F
01-05-2005, 10:12 AM
i voted yes, for the same reason as Bol. I see the euro as a very different car to the Accord and it is more closely related to the TSX than the other accord we have here in australia (even though in europe and japan it is their accord).
saying the Euro difference to the widebody accord is similar to the difference between the integra and the integra type r. The euro is not however a model above or below the Thailand built Accord but instead a compltely different car. What would the forum do if honda down the line bought out a completely different looking more sporty 2 door civic called the Civic Integra (once the integra has been phased out)... would this car be mroe civic or integra? The Accord Euro more Euro or Accord? I guess that's all i'm trying to say. WHen it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter - Honda's just confused me bt releasing two VERY different cars under the one primary badge name.

albii
01-05-2005, 11:13 AM
i cannot see the problem with the forum........the only reason there are more posts about euros is because the majority of us have one on this forum......if you want more posts about older accords,then those owners need to get off their backsides and start posting or round up other older accord owners and tell them about the site.....i have no problem if the forum becomes flooded with older accord owners...the more the merrier i say.

bigdongers
01-05-2005, 02:04 PM
I wouldnt mind a separate Euro forum but hey if you do that, you certainly gotta give the CRV, Odyssey, MDX, Legend their own forums too!

learner
01-05-2005, 02:55 PM
y dun we just put the gen No. in front of the thread title
[euro] thread name
[5th gen] thread name
is tat gonna be easier to let different gen accord user to read???
just a thought....

Ronin
01-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Yes - cos i feel sorry for the "other accord" people who want to discuss things about their vehicle... The Euro seem to dominate in the whole "accord" forum. Maybe to make things simpler, and more specific, a Euro channel should be created.

free2d
01-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Should put JDM Accord and USDM Accord.

dc2dc2dc2
01-05-2005, 04:13 PM
i say no, no need to make things so complex, an accord is an accord.

kenshin
01-05-2005, 04:40 PM
i voted NO...

there's no need for EVERY single specific model...
like the first reply post said... if giving a euro / aus/usdm accord model individual forum why not give a civic Type R and intergra Type R section???

plus its harder to find relevant info as we'll have to check BOTH sections ...

panda[cRx]
01-05-2005, 05:01 PM
stupid....

if u do that then we should make seperate forums for gen2 crx/delsol/ef/eg/ek/em etc

GEN46L
01-05-2005, 05:54 PM
First of all go back to the Index and have a look at the Categories. First on the list is

:honda: "ACCORD - Covering 4 Cylinder & 6 Cylinder Variants" :honda:

Secondly since when has the EURO not been an ACCORD. Ummm.. BOL & CHRIS F I think you should take a trip down to the Local Honda Dealer and have a look at the badge on the back of the EURO. Last time I looked it had an ACCORD badge sitting on it's arse. The exact ACCORD Badge I now have on the back of my 4th Gen. Just because there are now two Domestic Market variants, i.e The JDM Accord Euro & the USDM Accord V6, doesn't make one or the other less of an ACCORD than a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th Gen. They are both 7th Gens.

Thirdly, I reckon we should all contine to get along together in the one section no matter what variant it is.

Bol
01-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Well, its nothing im going to lose sleep over..

My way of thinking is that Euro Accord owners arent intestested in non-Euro issues and vice versa, but its not a BIG issue.

Chris_F
01-05-2005, 06:40 PM
My thoughts exactly Bol. Like i said in my first post it's not really a big issue. And yes i know it has an Accord badge but if "other" accord owners are becomming annoyed by the number of euro threads i'm just saying it could be a solution. I'm happy with the way things are but there would also be enough euro owning members to substantiate a seperate forum if the number of euro threads was annoying other accord owners. I think I've made a valid point here but GEN46L i also completely agree with what your saying

free2d
01-05-2005, 08:15 PM
I know what are the concern. It just that when I looking or reading articles about Accord, it is nice to know if the chassis, engine spec are what we are looking for are the correct one.

If I am looking for upgrade parts, Euro is 140KW and Thai Accord is 118KW. And if people in the forum did not state clearly, it will cause misunderstanding and recommend wrong parts etc.

Eg. I can not believe everything what the US Honda forum said. Most US Honda cars are different.

Bcos 2 Accords exist con-currently here.

Just my opinion.

civic_99
01-05-2005, 08:20 PM
what for?

Should put JDM Accord and USDM Accord.

kenshin
01-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, its nothing im going to lose sleep over..

My way of thinking is that Euro Accord owners arent intestested in non-Euro issues and vice versa, but its not a BIG issue.

how different are the two models thou? besides for shape ?

post pics of both engines + interior dash...

if its only cosmetic differences, why not have an JDM integtra section and an AUDSM section aswell?

(DC5R the differences are great... still does not warrant a dedicated section)

PERTH_EURO
01-05-2005, 09:08 PM
interestingly enough i was thinking about this a couple of days ago.

Im not fussed either way, but i think that if it stays the same we do need to put [model] in the thread tittles.

Ozhonda is a great forum. I spend hours reading most of the different sections, convenience is not an issue here.

keep up the good work all :thumbsup:

panda[cRx]
01-05-2005, 11:12 PM
get used to it gurls, everyone else lives with it. look at all the civic variants from carby models thru to b16a's they all get on fine.

you dont see the crx fellas having a cry about being with civics do u?

bennjamin
01-05-2005, 11:18 PM
']get used to it gurls, everyone else lives with it. look at all the civic variants from carby models thru to b16a's they all get on fine.

you dont see the crx fellas having a cry about being with civics do u?

almost the exact same point i brought up in the mod discussion.
I agree 100%. What makes THEM more than US - getting there own lil area ?
IT aint goign to happen. Learn to live together :wave:

Pum[Z]
02-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Harmony is the key dudes...

Q_ball
02-05-2005, 01:54 AM
i said it all along... :rolleyes:

mr_mojo02
02-05-2005, 10:38 AM
i reakon they should be seperate... for the most part ppl do a search when they have a problem with the car... ive done searches on the accord forum and had to sift through 30 or so posts till i find one relevant to the 5th gen accord instead of the euro

jackosimm
02-05-2005, 12:58 PM
wow my vote just made it 50/50...I reckon it wouldnt be a bad idea, you euro owners are storming in here lol!

Chris_F
02-05-2005, 01:31 PM
i think a 50/50 vote show's there's realy no real need to seperate them. Just get people to post what model accord it is in the thread title and it'll all be good.

VirIIx
02-05-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't feel it should be seperate, but im not voting either.

I like seeing the other accord threads in here, as well as the euro stuff.

I agree to the naming prefix eg. [euro]thread name

It would make it very clear, as i've sometimes gone and thought 'cool thread! sounds interesting, maybe someone is thinking the same thiing for me car...' and it's about an older gen.. or that it's on the lines of 'what the hell is this guy talking about? our car already has this..' again click on it and it's for an older gen.

naming prefix is the best thing to do i say!

SV4
02-05-2005, 04:00 PM
i vote for separation. is a euro a REAL accord?

yfin
02-05-2005, 04:07 PM
i vote for separation. is a euro a REAL accord?

I don't get this post. It is called the Accord Euro in Japan.

SV4
02-05-2005, 04:36 PM
a joke mate...

yfin
02-05-2005, 05:36 PM
a joke mate...

How witty of you. Very humerous. :rolleyes:

EuroAccord13
02-05-2005, 09:09 PM
I clearly remember that there is an "Accord" word on the boot of my car.. Maybe someone stuck it there? :D

yfin
02-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I clearly remember that there is an "Accord" word on the boot of my car.. Maybe someone stuck it there? :D

What if I have taken mine off?

toE
02-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Look, from now on, just title your threads accordingly.
Accord mods can jump in and moderate the titles too.
It's just a simple editing to do Yoram and/or Nick.

I'll jump in and help out too from time to time. And I'm sure other mods will follow suit. Pretty soon, I reckon most members will too.

:)

wynode
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
LOL @ Comments.

This POLL is VERY close though.

Cam, I think the best way maybe to title the thread appropriately yes?

GEN46L
05-05-2005, 12:45 PM

You've hit the nail on the head, but isn't that what this discussion is all about?
If you own a particular Generation of Accord, that is the version you are going to be mainly interested in, it is that simple. But having said that it doesn't hurt to know what's happening with other Generations. I think it would be of great help to know about the Latest Euro Issues especially if someone is looking at upgrading to one. There's Nothing Like Experience.

Like you said It shouldn't be a BIG Issue.

heist
05-05-2005, 01:02 PM
if u give euros there own section, we have to split up the civic and crx sections...

Accord - Accord Euro
Civic - Civic Racing eXperiement (CRX)

so therefore it is the same.....

EuroAccord13
05-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Mmmm.. Ok, I've edited recent title threads with [Type Of Accord] in it and most of the new posters have kindly put in [Type Of Accord] in their title so I guess it's working out for now.

I will close this discussion now as there isn't a strong enough justification to seperate the Accord Forum and also, doing that, will have forumers want to split up their Civic or Integra Forum...

If this discussion needs to be open again, please PM a mod....

CHEERS