PDA

View Full Version : Intake pipe length?

MrPlow
14-01-2004, 10:05 PM
how long should my intake pipe be? i heard the shorter the better but the shorter you go the more risk you have of taking it hot air from the engine?

my filter sits flush up hard against the left hand side headlight which seems to be working fine and producing great sound?

should i cut the pipe and have it sitting a bit more closer? or just leave it?

revolution
14-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Should consider getting a Cold Air Intake :idea:

It extends all the way down to where the front bumper is, and hence sucking in cool air.....

Just to name a few: Injen, AEM, and I think Simota might have some aswell.....But Injen and AEM might be harder to get as they are an American brand.

joneblaze
14-01-2004, 11:22 PM
If you're after an Injen/AEM type CAI, i believe u can buy kits shipped off Ebay.... another way is to research on american sites and buy from them?

If you're looking to DIY there's a thread with a quick little how-to somewhere in the Integra or Tech section i think....

A'PEXi
15-01-2004, 12:41 AM
lol the SRI will increase the hot air being sucked in... therefore, best to create a cold air feed to your airbox/panel filter... or have a CAI

Calvo
15-01-2004, 08:46 AM
AEM will cost u alot of money, for genuine AEM CAI anyways.
Simota are more readily available in aus.

[[d a n n y]]
15-01-2004, 08:50 AM
make your own..

MrPlow
15-01-2004, 08:18 PM
yeh im in the process of designing a CAI for my ek...
let you all know how it turns out

lane-o
18-01-2004, 05:10 PM
yeh im in the process of designing a CAI for my ek...
let you all know how it turns out

I'm doing the same, i have made an intake pipe of 3'' out of 6061 T6 and have yet to determin the final length as i am making an airbox to fit my pod filter inside. It will have a hole in the bottom to pick up the 3'' hole in the engine bay (from the factory) with a flexi tube duct to the front bumper.....

MrPlow
18-01-2004, 06:27 PM
cool .... keep me updated how it turns out!

lane-o
21-01-2004, 04:06 PM
ok well i was doing all that custom work but i think i am going to sell up.....got a another project in mind!